Find
Notify
Tools

Zimbabwe Drought
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted
I have heard from my zimb friends that they are having one of the sorst droughts in a long time. Similar to the one in 2012. What are your thoughts? Saw a video today with the Vic falls half dry!

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
The rains are coming

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The drought is very bad. I can't say for the South but believe it is worse then the Northern part. We have a client in Nyakasanga at the moment and lots of animals dying especially young baby elephant and buff. Mana is in a very bad state- we need the rains desperatly.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We were in the Bubye in late May/early June and it was already extremely dry, much drier than normal.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1281 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Much of southern Africa is in a three year-long drought. Most of Namibia and Botswana are always dry, but when I was in Namibia in June the ground was like a moonscape with not a blade of grass to be seen anywhere. The surviving animals are living on what little they can browse from the brush and small trees.

Posts: 13214 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are the long range models? Unfortunately, my DTN doesn’t cover Zimbabwe, LOL.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

The rains are coming

For the first time in 7 years the weather patterns in Namibia are getting back to normal. We had big August winds for almost two months and the Angolan winds started two weeks ago. We've had three beneficial rains in the Northeast (early rains) and a few brief showers in the Kunene - a rare event this time of year during this drought.

No one is celebrating yet, but at least the signs are there the weather patterns might be changing for the better.

Meanwhile in the SA Cape, the cold and the rains have been constant. Again, a significant change.

Holding thumbs...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote