New
Find
Notify
Tools

A hunt on the books
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
With all the doom and gloom both the pandemic and riots have created here in the states, I needed a little levity. I'm happy to report a friend and I are now booked for 10 days of plains game hunting with Limcroma Safaris in September 2021. This will be my second trip and his first. I'm looking forward to all of the prep and planning, as its a huge part of the process for me.

Hoping to get a woodland caribou hunt in Newfoundland squared away for 2022 in a few months once we figure out how things shake out with outfitters weathering this economic storm. We've a week on the books for mid Sept, but our booking agent is holding deposit money stateside for now.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Excellent and nothing like preparing for a hunt.

Very positive.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the same vein I just ordered a rifle for my daughter. She will hunt plains game while I hunt buffalo in Zim in August 2021. I ordered a Weatherby Camilla mark v in 6.5 Creedmoor. It fits her perfectly. Loading ammo and practicing during the year will just prolong the fun.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Getting ready is half the fun!

Sitting around the fire in the evening after a day in the bush, with a cold drink and good conversation rates right up there also.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Congrats. The guys at Limcroma are great. You're in for a real treat.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Booked 2020, 2012 2020 till death do us part!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
+1 on Limcroma being a top notch outfit.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I’ve never hunted with them, but know a local agent and have met a few of their PHs here. They seem to be great guys.

Cheers to you.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. It was a donated hunt to our local SCI chapter. We had to can the banquet but ran the live auction to try to carry us through for our projects for the year. Limcroma's US agent (jeff) has been fantastic to work with thusfar.

What's everyone else planning??

Posts: 1417 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what is on your hunt list for this trip. I have heard only good things about then but took them off my list after seeing they had 2 prices for kudu based on size. just not a fan of that practice

Posts: 554 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcap:
what is on your hunt list for this trip. I have heard only good things about then but took them off my list after seeing they had 2 prices for kudu based on size. just not a fan of that practice

That sort of pricing would make me go somewhere else too.

Hunting is not picking different sizes of the shelves in a supermarket and pay the price tag!

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

That sort of pricing would make me go somewhere else too.

Hunting is not picking different sizes of the shelves in a supermarket and pay the price tag!

I’ve been taken on a couple whitetail hunts in Texas by clients that were like that. Not a fan at all.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:

Get the PH to call it to the nearest 1/4 inch otherwise he pays for it.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Anyone who hunts for inches has no business going hunting.

These belong to the SCI INNER CIRCLES OF GRAND IDIOTS! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

I would rather just be able to shoot any kudu I like when I see it with out ask if that one is the 2500 kind or 3500 kind. Just not how I like to hunt plus I would never put the pressure on a ph to be with in 1/4 on a kudu

Posts: 554 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Good for you, Brandon!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I Bowhunted with Limcroma in 13 and 14. It’s a first class operation!

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2628 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have 2 buffalo in 2021..Bought and paid for. Cant wait to see grandbabe and son try them on for size.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Have 2 buffalo in 2021..Bought and paid for. Cant wait to see grandbabe and son try them on for size.

Good luck Mims, there is nothing more satisfying than watching my kids making a successful hunt!
……………………......…………………. oldMacD37

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

plus I would never put the pressure on a ph to be with in 1/4 on a kudu

I think that statement was made to say if I have to guess the length, the PH should as well!
especially if the difference is $1000.00! Eeker

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote