Find
Notify
Tools

DSC VERSUS SCI
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Thank you Greg Simons, Steve Ahrenberg, Todd Williams, Larry Shores & Dave Fulsom for your thoughtful comments.

One has to look at this (Save DSC) through different eyes. I needed to put my work glasses on and reread the comments. In todays work a half million dollars is a good sum of money, so we get excited.

When I was working (retired these days) many time our corporate lawyers would handle disipline cases that I did not think was the best decision for the company. (that was in my mind)

The cases were settled and conditions were put in the settlement any that would be kept confidential. However it tied individuals hands and when they signed the settlement that were put on notice and they agreed to it. However is any future issues were too develop or anything happens they would be out. And if or when that were to happen, there would be no appeal, they would be out.

I do think that it is time to move on.

Saeed, I think you need to write a letter to the DSC board as ask for clarification of your concerns.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1571 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can go onto the DSC website and access info on board members , structure etc. and see who is all involved in this org. No secrets.

I did get a chuckle out of the OHAA details.

• Applications for this award may only be submitted by the individual involved.
Self nomination?

You apply for your own award (LOL).
Love ME!!!

Who votes?

Saeed... Have you applied ?? Could not help it..

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
You can go onto the DSC website and access info on board members , structure etc. and see who is all involved in this org. No secrets.

Self nomination?

Love ME!!!

Who votes?

EZ

Doesn’t that speak volumes about the award winners?

This matter reminds me is something a very wise man once told me. He told me that one’s position on any issue is directly dependent on the chair they are sitting in.

In the final analysis, I hope we can all agree on one thing . These hunting organizations need to work together.

Posts: 11945 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't spent much time on AR lately; having too much fun at my CO place, but I just finished wading through this train wreck. I have only met Larry Shores in person once - at the Darwin Yacht Club in Darwin, NT, Australia. He impressed me then, and he certainly impressed me on this thread. He appears to me to be the best possible ambassador to mend things between DSC and SCI.

Disclaimer: Larry did buy dinner in Darwin and it was pretty extravagant, so my opinion is perhaps best discarded. (Keep your chin up Dave Fulson.)

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
I haven't spent much time on AR lately; having too much fun at my CO place, but I just finished wading through this train wreck. I have only met Larry Shores in person once - at the Darwin Yacht Club in Darwin, NT, Australia. He impressed me then, and he certainly impressed me on this thread. He appears to me to be the best possible ambassador to mend things between DSC and SCI.

Disclaimer: Larry did buy dinner in Darwin and it was pretty extravagant, so my opinion is perhaps best discarded. (Keep your chin up Dave Fulson.)

I'll second that! Larry is a great ambassador for the hunting community. I'm proud to also call him my friend.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:

Self nomination?

Love ME!!!

Who votes?

EZ

This matter reminds me is something a very wise man once told me. He told me that one’s position on any issue is directly dependent on the chair they are sitting in.

In the final analysis, I hope we can all agree on one thing . These hunting organizations need to work together.

Bloody hell!

Yes, sure speaks volumes about the "winners"!

Must be a bunch of no class, no character, no spine, look at me bloody IDIOTS!

Not much better than those brainless bimbos you see on sick media showing their rear ends for more likes!

This is absolutely rock bottom level of of anything to do with hunting!

And I understand some of those individuals were the ones who started "save DSC"

Is there any doubt about them now.

There is nothing any one of us would like to see than our hunting organizations working together.

But certainly NOT run by a bunch of self glorifying idiots!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Now Saeed, Do not compare those women to OHAA folks. Those women provide a valuable service to humanity.

Posts: 10805 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I rarely speak in absolutes, but neither can I ignore them.

As a behaviorist of the first order once said, “The road to hell is paved with good intentions.”

No matter when, what, how or where, intentions do not and cannot dictate results.

Hunting is not and cannot ethically be made into a competition.

I have always and will always stand for that proposition.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13379 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:

Hunting is not and cannot ethically made into a competition.

+1

Look what big money competition has done to fishing.

Lie detector test in big money fishing competitions are becoming the norm.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

Hunting is not and cannot ethically made into a competition.

+1

Look what big money competition has done to fishing.

Lie detector test in big money fishing competitions are becoming the norm.

Mike

True .

My brother won a snapper tournament after the winner was disqualified after failing a lie detector test .

I agree hunting is not a competition except against one’s self .

Posts: 11945 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:

Self nomination?

Love ME!!!

Who votes?

EZ

Bloody hell!

Yes, sure speaks volumes about the "winners"!

Must be a bunch of no class, no character, no spine, look at me bloody IDIOTS!

Not much better than those brainless bimbos you see on sick media showing their rear ends for more likes!

This is absolutely rock bottom level of of anything to do with hunting!

And I understand some of those individuals were the ones who started "save DSC"

Is there any doubt about them now.

There is nothing any one of us would like to see than our hunting organizations working together.

But certainly NOT run by a bunch of self glorifying idiots!

I am told one of the people in the infamous picture is at SCI. I hear some people are getting ready to aggravate him about the sashes . I hope to witness that .

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Got a message from a member here.

“They want to imitate the Kardashians. KEEPING UP WITH SCI CIRCLES” rotflmo

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
So Dave is an advertising man for the new DSC?

I have stated before, I never believe ANY advert!

The “save DSC” individuals are still part of the organization?

Why?

When you have a rotten apple in your apple box, you throw it away.

I might be old fashioned, but I believe if create unnecessary problems for the organization you are part of, you should be kicked out.

Those people cost DSC lots of money.

For what purpose??

Why are they not be made to pay for their stupidity??

What "new DSC"? Again, that's the crux of the problem. There isn't a "new DSC". The Save DSC guys aren't in leadership from my understanding. If I'm wrong on that, I'll stand corrected.

Why are the Save DSC rat bastards still members? Because the legal case against them did not result in the organization being able to kick them out. Why is OJ not in jail for life for murdering his ex wife and Ron Goldman? The case against him failed, regardless of overwhelming evidence.

For about 12 years, I was a petroleum landman, working for and being paid by oil companies. I'm not a climate change denier but I have serious doubts that the climate changes we are seeing today are being caused by man burning hydrocarbons. I don't hold that view because I was paid by oil companies. I hold that view because I see discrepancies in the Global Warming narrative that I need additional answers to. The fact that an overwhelming number of "scientists" say it's so, doesn't sway my opinion because I realize most of them get their funding from universities, who receive their funding from governments that have a vested interest in promoting the tax-wealth redistribution scheme of man made global warming. In short, I don't believe scientists funded by the oil industry nor governments. I want to see for myself by asking critical questions. I believe my opinions on the matter are not influenced by the fact that I worked for oil companies as I held those same opinions before being "on the payroll". I'm saying Dave's opinions and commentaries on DSC are consistent with his opinions and commentary before his company was paid to do promotional videos. I fully understand anyone not knowing him for the period of time I have, dismissing that as me just defending a friend. But it's still not the truth.

The problem with social media crucifixions is the medium disallows nuance while encouraging pitchfork and torch persecutions. It's a sign of our times unfortunately.

Do you need a real "legal case" to kick someone out of a club??

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1283 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Blue Devil:
quote:
quote:
So Dave is an advertising man for the new DSC?

I have stated before, I never believe ANY advert!

The “save DSC” individuals are still part of the organization?

Why?

When you have a rotten apple in your apple box, you throw it away.

I might be old fashioned, but I believe if create unnecessary problems for the organization you are part of, you should be kicked out.

Those people cost DSC lots of money.

For what purpose??

Why are they not be made to pay for their stupidity??

What "new DSC"? Again, that's the crux of the problem. There isn't a "new DSC". The Save DSC guys aren't in leadership from my understanding. If I'm wrong on that, I'll stand corrected.

Why are the Save DSC rat bastards still members? Because the legal case against them did not result in the organization being able to kick them out. Why is OJ not in jail for life for murdering his ex wife and Ron Goldman? The case against him failed, regardless of overwhelming evidence.

For about 12 years, I was a petroleum landman, working for and being paid by oil companies. I'm not a climate change denier but I have serious doubts that the climate changes we are seeing today are being caused by man burning hydrocarbons. I don't hold that view because I was paid by oil companies. I hold that view because I see discrepancies in the Global Warming narrative that I need additional answers to. The fact that an overwhelming number of "scientists" say it's so, doesn't sway my opinion because I realize most of them get their funding from universities, who receive their funding from governments that have a vested interest in promoting the tax-wealth redistribution scheme of man made global warming. In short, I don't believe scientists funded by the oil industry nor governments. I want to see for myself by asking critical questions. I believe my opinions on the matter are not influenced by the fact that I worked for oil companies as I held those same opinions before being "on the payroll". I'm saying Dave's opinions and commentaries on DSC are consistent with his opinions and commentary before his company was paid to do promotional videos. I fully understand anyone not knowing him for the period of time I have, dismissing that as me just defending a friend. But it's still not the truth.

The problem with social media crucifixions is the medium disallows nuance while encouraging pitchfork and torch persecutions. It's a sign of our times unfortunately.

They don’t.

They just don’t want them out.

It is called kiss my ass and I will kiss yours

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Any self respecting Club has its Constitution and a Committee elected by its members.

Other than managing the daily affairs of the Club the Committee also deals with disciplinary actions which include ejection of non-conforming members.

So, if within the Constitution it is stated that to eject a member there is need for a "legal case" then the reason stands .... but I very much doubt there is such a provision.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I rarely speak in absolutes, but neither can I ignore them.

As a behaviorist of the first order once said, “The road to hell is paved with good intentions.”

No matter when, what, how or where, intentions do not and cannot dictate results.

Hunting is not and cannot ethically be made into a competition.

Mike,

Like most of us, you are just a normal human being, happy with what you are.

But, as we can see, there are two legged creatures masquerading as "hunters" who are of such low esteem, they are probably ashamed each time they look in the mirror, have no class, no integrity, who like to pay to be inducted in some sick hunting circle!

Makes their day! clap

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good and valid question.

Here's another. Is it possible for a well connected, well financed person to file a law suit for "wrongful termination" and win? Even from a club? I honestly don't know. And I don't know what went down with the Save DSC fiasco. I'd like to know more. What I've been told is there was a legal battle, one that evidently cost DSC 1/2 a mil to defend itself, and in the end, some of the malcontents were allowed to remain due to the way the legal battle played out. More forthcoming answers beyond that would be good to know.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Good and valid question.

Here's another. Is it possible for a well connected, well financed person to file a law suit for "wrongful termination" and win? Even from a club? I honestly don't know. And I don't know what went down with the Save DSC fiasco. I'd like to know more. What I've been told is there was a legal battle, one that evidently cost DSC 1/2 a mil to defend itself, and in the end, some of the malcontents were allowed to remain due to the way the legal battle played out. More forthcoming answers beyond that would be good to know.

Yes.

Trouble is we have already been told to “move on”

Nothing to tell!

Half a million to fight the idiots.

Another half a million paid to a media firm to deny everything!

Welcome to the New DSC!

No money left for conservation.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Good and valid question.

Not only allowed to stay but given awards.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I personally believe hiding from the “antis” is a cop out. Being honorable and transparent are good traits to exhibit. I see nothing in describing exactly what went down with “save DSC” to be anything that “antis” could use against us. I am well aware they do monitor and pull from this site. I have examples pinned to the top of the Lion Conservation Forum.

If DSC hierarchy came on and described exactly what “save DSC” tried to do, who was involved, how the matter was handled and why, and why the structure of the DSC hierarchy and officer duties was subsequently changed…it would go a long way to making the membership feel secure in their association.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36509 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This was obvious already my friend!

The current management, by all intent and purposes, has moved the crooks behind “save DSC” to the side, ready to move them to center stage in the near future!

Mark my word on this.

The way they had a go at anyone questioning them, was proof positive of this.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I personally believe hiding from the “antis” is a cop out. Being honorable and transparent are good traits to exhibit. I see nothing in describing exactly what went down with “save DSC” to be anything that “antis” could use against us. I am well aware they do monitor and pull from this site. I have examples pinned to the top of the Lion Conservation Forum.

If DSC hierarchy came on and described exactly what “save DSC” tried to do, who was involved, how the matter was handled and why, and why the structure of the DSC hierarchy and officer duties was subsequently changed…it would go a long way to making the membership feel secure in their association.

That sure would be nice and you know for sure they know about this on here.

It shows to me how little members mean to their main goal at this point it almost seems sci may get me back as a member sooner then dsc. But hey they have their own little fan and friends club. Maybe some more can come tell us all how great their friend is and how there should be no more questions since there happy.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

Lane,

I completely agree. Telling everyone to stop talking about it because the "antis" will use it against us is complete cop out!!!

How can a not for profit organization, ask us give money for club memberships, give money for special projects, give by attending conventions and dinners, give money by winning auctions, then blow half million dollars plus on an internal fight,..... and basically tell everyone it is none of your business how we handled it, just take our word for it. Well DSC leadership apparently didn't see "Save DSC" coming the first time..... how are we to have confidence they will see them coming again. Apparently there are still some of them around.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1283 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Sadly AR continues to morph into a platform that seems to function more and more like other social media platforms. When you look broadly at social media today you see that participants do not question the underlying motivations of other participants. Participants assume that they have a complete command of the "facts" when the truth is that much is not known to them. Participants are quick to pick sides and declare winners and losers even with incomplete information. Participants mischaracterize and misstate information for some desired dramatic affect and such mischaracterizations and misstatements are taken by others to be gospel and regurgitated.

The one thing that is clear from this thread, sadly, is that a valued poster in the past has declared that enough is enough, he's out. He can add his name to the pantheon of contributors that have left the forum in the past or have allowed their contributions to dwindle to a trickle. For example, I think of someone like Richard Harland, who joined the forum and was sharing his knowledge, only to be told that he really did not know what he talking about. It is beyond serious dispute that this forum, when gauged by the quality and quantity of the information exchanged, has been in decline for a number of years now. Perhaps we should be asking ourselves why. Maybe it is because folks here do not question the motivations of other posters, they assume a complete command of the "facts" when they do not have one, they love to pick winners and losers based on incomplete information and they blatantly mischaracterize and misstate information to try and make a point.

As Pogo famously said, "we have met the enemy and he is us."

Mike

Posts: 21193 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
Do you need a real "legal case" to kick someone out of a club??[/QUOTE]

They don’t.

They just don’t want them out.

It is called kiss my ass and I will kiss yours[/QUOTE]

According to the bylaws, which are available on the website to members (I think) no reason is needed, only a 2/3 vote of the board.

Saeed hit the nail on the head.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Sadly AR continues to morph into a platform that seems to function more and more like other social media platforms. When you look broadly at social media today you see that participants do not question the underlying motivations of other participants. Participants assume that they have a complete command of the "facts" when the truth is that much is not known to them. Participants are quick to pick sides and declare winners and losers even with incomplete information. Participants mischaracterize and misstate information for some desired dramatic affect and such mischaracterizations and misstatements are taken by others to be gospel and regurgitated.

The one thing that is clear from this thread, sadly, is that a valued poster in the past has declared that enough is enough, he's out. He can add his name to the pantheon of contributors that have left the forum in the past or have allowed their contributions to dwindle to a trickle. For example, I think of someone like Richard Harland, who joined the forum and was sharing his knowledge, only to be told that he really did not know what he talking about. It is beyond serious dispute that this forum, when gauged by the quality and quantity of the information exchanged, has been in decline for a number of years now. Perhaps we should be asking ourselves why. Maybe it is because folks here do not question the motivations of other posters, they assume a complete command of the "facts" when they do not have one, they love to pick winners and losers based on incomplete information and they blatantly mischaracterize and misstate information to try and make a point.

"Maybe it is because folks here do not question the motivations of other posters,"

Mike,

That is exactly what I am doing.

Why hide the truth?

A bunch of self serving crooks wanted to change DSC.

They got found out, and stopped because of the outlandish claims they had.

But, instead of getting rid of them, they are awarded!

Not acceptable in the least!

Anyone is free to state whatever he wants, we have not censored anyone.

But one has to stand on his own two feet, not tell others to mind their own business, when IT IS their business to question what he has said.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
AR is a largely uncensored marketplace of ideas, centered on firearms and hunting.

I appreciate it as the best of its kind.

Second to none.

No advertising or pandering.

No fear of airing “dirty laundry.”

A good place to see bullshit, when it surfaces, separated from truth.

I could be wrong.

I am not a member of Twitter or Facebook, or DSC.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13379 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howzit Gents,

All I can say is what clusterfuck! Just a sign of the modern world -- full of crooks and misfits.

From what I can tell from be involved in the industry a long time -- DSC looks to be headed the way of SCI when they were first charted to not.

My rekkie tells me it is the fear of Wilson Stout and Steve Miller that has allowed this shit-show to go down.

Hopefully they kick those 2 rat-bastards to the curb before it is too late.

The original DSC had it right -- good men like Karl Evans at the helm.

Posts: 175 | Location: Somewhere in a sale-barn | Registered: 07 June 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cow-trader:
Howzit Gents,

All I can say is what clusterfuck! Just a sign of the modern world -- full of crooks and misfits.

From what I can tell from be involved in the industry a long time -- DSC looks to be headed the way of SCI when they were first charted to not.

My rekkie tells me it is the fear of Wilson Stout and Steve Miller that has allowed this shit-show to go down.

Hopefully they kick those 2 rat-bastards to the curb before it is too late.

The original DSC had it right -- good men like Karl Evans at the helm.

They replaced the Gold Standard by Bitcoin! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:

As you continue to look down from your Lilliputian throne, many folks on here are well aware of your vile and abhorrent behavior towards others on this site in the PF.
Perhaps you should take a slice of advice from your rant up above and allow YOUR contributions to dwindle to a trickle.
Folks like yourself have indeed ran good people off this site over the years.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote