DSC VERSUS SCI
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Do these have names?

And what they do?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I recall DSC was founded as a breakaway hunter's organization in competition with SCI but without the exaggerated awards and snobbish drama that tends to be part of the SCI Inner Circle requirements.

It started off well as a "family affair" which foresaw heavy hands-down involvement by its founder members but as time went by it was realized that something was missing as the organization's popularity did not elevate to the same level as that of SCI and IMO this was because it lacked the awards. the sparkle & glitter and the fanfare that goes with it.

Therefore, going by that good old saying: "if you can't beat them, join them".

Posts: 1904 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
It always starts simple and then few get into a position of power and voila off they go to higher grounds
It’s called humans and some of us might fall for it as well if we got to positions where some are now
We don’t have to go far, just look at politics…
Point is, let them prance around as long as they head the foundations in right directions, when they stray, off with them

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Do these have names?

And what they do?

Saeed:

DU = Ducks Unlimited
RMEF = Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
TU = Trout Unlimited

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1572 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I meant the people in the picture.

5 of them but I bet the woman is only there for the glamour factor, as she not wearing one of those awards.

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The guy on the left appears to be draped with more cords of different colors than the others.

Anyone know what they might signify?

Posts: 1904 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I meant the people in the picture.

The “sashers” are, left to right-Wilson Stout, Steve Miller and Dr Don Senter.
I think someone asked if they were part of the saveDSC bunch, I don’t believe Dr Senter was involved but the other two were.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The OHAA award is nothing new. It's now in it's 40th year.

https://www.biggame.org/wp-con...2/OHAA_winners-1.pdf

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vvreddy:
The OHAA award is nothing new. It's now in it's 40th year.

Award is old, sashes are new.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been asked not to re-engaged by a couple of DSC members I respect, as they rightly saw me heading into the mud and blood, or to answer the questionnaire that were mostly the voices of a few guys with grudges trying to even the score with DSC for hurt feelings or a sense of sudden uninvolvement or influence through a third party. Good advice I decided I will take, but that said, on the OHAA debate, I am in full agreement it is not becoming in any fashion. I would personally not walk across the street to win the Weatherby, OHAA, Conklin or get a Double Diamond Quail Of The World Pin. It's not why I hunt. Others feel the same, some others do not. Most folks I spoke to shared the firm sentiment that DSC should not be in the awards business like SCI, and that is sure a topic of discussion that I bet will be addressed with all the uproar it has caused. As a person that currently sits on the DSC Foundation Board, and The DSC Frontline Foundation Board I need not "guess" what is happening within the organization as some are certainly doing on this thread. DSC has indeed made some structure changes that are in-line with who we are today, an INTERNATIONAL Hunting\Conservation\ Hunters Advocacy ORGANIZATION. The days of being a CLUB, along with the CLUB Mentality is in the rearview mirror. And Thank GOD for it! DSC has wisely placed Corey Mason into the role of CEO, with the DSC Board and the Foundation Board serving under competent Presidents. I cannot imagine a man better suited to steer DSC into the future than Corey Mason. Mark Little, followed by Amy Calander brought structure, leadership and clear vision to their role as DSC Presidents and it has been an honor to serve under the Presidency of Tim Fallon, who has our Foundation running lean, making money, and making grants that drive and support our mission. DSC is NOT becoming SCI, of that I can assure you. I deeply respect so many of the folks on AR and value your opinions. Others with axes to grind, or who are free and vocal with critical opinions based on little if any understanding of DSC's organizational structure or direction, not so much. And please do not think I am defending or promoting the OHAA uniforms, or speaking for DSC at large. This is straight from Dave... I'm with you guys on that. Cheers.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me stick my little toe in, are you suggesting no awards at all?
IMHO the Weatherby has been around awhile and is very respected. A lot of dedication in that.
As far as the pic on the first page, it's kinda embarrassing from a hunter perspective.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by larryshores:

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

I have a few thoughts/comments:

I wasn’t going to respond to this . However, after yesterday, I decided I would respond when Dave started throwing barbs at SCI. I am life members of both and support both. We have the same ultimate goals.

Yesterday for two hours, I was involved in a ZOOM call of the SCI Executive Committee. There was absolutely a discussion of the DSC convention. Let me throw out a few comments that I recall:

5-There was a lot of discussion of putting money into projects. I have a few questions about that . How much money was spent for lawyers on the “Save DSC “ matter? Did DSC have a directors & officers policy? If they did, why didn’t they file a claim? It seems to me it is gross negligence if DSC didn’t have a D&O policy. It also seems to me that it is also gross negligence to fail to file a claim under such policy.

6-Why on earth would DSC give outstanding hunter awards to the same people (Save DSC) who cost DSC a small mountain of money?

7-Did DSC fund all of its conservation commitments given the legal fees incurred? Keep in mind that I am in direct contact with some of the people DSC committed to.

Inquiring minds want to know.[/QUOTE

Questions For:

Larry Shores
Karl Evans
Dave Fulton

If Stephen Miller was guilty of the attempted DSC debacle and attempted takeover. Costing DSC a large amount of money in legal fees that could have been used for conservation efforts . Then why in the hell would DSC reward Stephen Miller at the convention with a DSC award? From the way I read it Stephen Miller should have been instead formally humiliated and kicked out of DSC. It is people and situations like this with Stephen Miller a self serving egomaniac that keep many of us from becoming further involved and contributing money and time to DSC and SCI.
4WD

Posts: 673 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerPaw:
Let me stick my little toe in, are you suggesting no awards at all?
IMHO the Weatherby has been around awhile and is very respected. A lot of dedication in that.
As far as the pic on the first page, it's kinda embarrassing from a hunter perspective.

I believe the Weatherby Award is separate from DSC, but is hosted at the DSC banquet. Just typing that adds some confusion.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
I have been asked not to re-engaged by a couple of DSC members I respect, as they rightly saw me heading into the mud and blood, or to answer the questionnaire that were mostly the voices of a few guys with grudges trying to even the score with DSC for hurt feelings or a sense of sudden uninvolvement or influence through a third party. Good advice I decided I will take, but that said, on the OHAA debate, I am in full agreement it is not becoming in any fashion. I would personally not walk across the street to win the Weatherby, OHAA, Conklin or get a Double Diamond Quail Of The World Pin. It's not why I hunt. Others feel the same, some others do not. Most folks I spoke to shared the firm sentiment that DSC should not be in the awards business like SCI, and that is sure a topic of discussion that I bet will be addressed with all the uproar it has caused. As a person that currently sits on the DSC Foundation Board, and The DSC Frontline Foundation Board I need not "guess" what is happening within the organization as some are certainly doing on this thread. DSC has indeed made some structure changes that are in-line with who we are today, an INTERNATIONAL Hunting\Conservation\ Hunters Advocacy ORGANIZATION. The days of being a CLUB, along with the CLUB Mentality is in the rearview mirror. And Thank GOD for it! DSC has wisely placed Corey Mason into the role of CEO, with the DSC Board and the Foundation Board serving under competent Presidents. I cannot imagine a man better suited to steer DSC into the future than Corey Mason. Mark Little, followed by Amy Calander brought structure, leadership and clear vision to their role as DSC Presidents and it has been an honor to serve under the Presidency of Tim Fallon, who has our Foundation running lean, making money, and making grants that drive and support our mission. DSC is NOT becoming SCI, of that I can assure you. I deeply respect so many of the folks on AR and value your opinions. Others with axes to grind, or who are free and vocal with critical opinions based on little if any understanding of DSC's organizational structure or direction, not so much. And please do not think I am defending or promoting the OHAA uniforms, or speaking for DSC at large. This is straight from Dave... I'm with you guys on that. Cheers.

Dave,

Well put. I know your passion for the organization and saw it at the 2020 s@$*show annual meeting. Thanks for all you do.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4WD:

I wasn’t going to respond to this . However, after yesterday, I decided I would respond when Dave started throwing barbs at SCI. I am life members of both and support both. We have the same ultimate goals.

Yesterday for two hours, I was involved in a ZOOM call of the SCI Executive Committee. There was absolutely a discussion of the DSC convention. Let me throw out a few comments that I recall:

5-There was a lot of discussion of putting money into projects. I have a few questions about that . How much money was spent for lawyers on the “Save DSC “ matter? Did DSC have a directors & officers policy? If they did, why didn’t they file a claim? It seems to me it is gross negligence if DSC didn’t have a D&O policy. It also seems to me that it is also gross negligence to fail to file a claim under such policy.

6-Why on earth would DSC give outstanding hunter awards to the same people (Save DSC) who cost DSC a small mountain of money?

7-Did DSC fund all of its conservation commitments given the legal fees incurred? Keep in mind that I am in direct contact with some of the people DSC committed to.

Questions For:

Larry Shores
Karl Evans
Dave Fulton

If Stephen Miller was guilty of the attempted DSC debacle and attempted takeover. Costing DSC a large amount of money in legal fees that could have been used for conservation efforts . Then why in the hell would DSC reward Stephen Miller at the convention with a DSC award? From the way I read it Stephen Miller should have been instead formally humiliated and kicked out of DSC. It is people and situations like this with Stephen Miller a self serving egomaniac that keep many of us from becoming further involved and contributing money and time to DSC and SCI.
4WD

4WD,
The whole thing is totally confusing to me as well.

The lack of transparency gives me concern. And. anyone I ask to fill me in seems either as confused or less than forthcoming. When I saw the thread pop up…I was hoping — maybe — finally some clarity???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36537 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dave,

Changing from a "club" to an "organization".

Does that mean we are going to have all sorts of awards being handed out for hunting?

Isn't that precisely why many SCI members, and ordinary hunters, are totally against it?

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

Questions For:

Larry Shores
Karl Evans
Dave Fulton

4WD

4WD,
The whole thing is totally confusing to me as well.

The lack of transparency gives me concern. And. anyone I ask to fill me in seems either as confused or less than forthcoming. When I saw the thread pop up…I was hoping — maybe — finally some clarity???

The award to “Little Stevie” did make me question some things.

The convention was a success for us. The calendar was quite full, but gaps have been closed.

The new union guys that replaced Freeman jacked up prices. That has nothing to do with the DSC 100 who are always there making sure all is well.

I do hope Corey is the man to make this great organization even better.

I don’t feel any animosity or fear of competition from SCI. I was involved in the local chapter and that’s how I got to go to Africa for the first time. If anyone questions, it was a good deal off auctions. I added a Hunter (my father)and animals, days. This is something I hope all of us do on donated hunts.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Questions For:

Larry Shores
Karl Evans
Dave Fulton

4WD

The Save DSC crew also went to the authorities ( the TX AG I believe ) and ask they they take over DSC due to a long list of alleged problems. They get these awards . It is hard to understand.

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The Save DSC crew also went to the authorities ( the TX AG I believe ) and ask they they take over DSC due to a long list of alleged problems. They get these awards . It is hard to understand.

May be the new management supports their actions??

Giving them a break before they can take over?

Very strange indeed!??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been a life member for I do not know how long now.
I can recall the first convention I attended was at DFW airport I believe? Then it went Market Hall and eventually to the Dallas Convention center.
I recall it was a friendly and cost effective manner for the hunting and fishing business a conduit to the outdoor enthusiast.
I think we have to understand in the past 30-40 years I have seen this interest simply explode in interest. Cost for hunting and fishing has increased exponentially and products to the market the same.
The convention grew with this interest. Provided a real time portal into areas of hunting just not available to most previously.
Between forums like this and the convention we simply did not have a portal into what all was available out there.
I do not get involved in the politics and sorry to hear that award winners of some silly platform are recognized that were a part of an coup to unravel the organization.
Appears many of the guys in the picture were likely tired in retirement and looking for something to do besides play golf..
The DSC I remember and hope continues to enlist looking to garner new interest in the younger sect and hope others better understand what many of us enjoy in the endeavor: Spending good times with friends away from the city, enjoying the natural environment, wild life and campfire beneath the stars.
Not all about harvesting the "largest" quarry. At least not to me.
I do not attend awards ceremonies unless it is a family graduate.
Rather spend my time with family and friends in the field.
If the ceremonies do not have an attendance the will dry up. Ego's will not be stroked.
My grandkids will enjoy the Convention and hope it continues and in the best interest of the hunting, fishing, wildlife art and supporting businesses.
Hope this org does not evolve into a big circle jerk.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hope this org does not evolve into a big circle jerk.

I am totally in agreement with you.

But facts seem to say otherwise!

I most certainly hope I am wrong.

Some nut case tries to change things and got found out.

And he gets an award??

The mind truly boggles!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Larry Shores
Karl Evans
Dave Fulton

4WD

I can't answer for the others, but I can tell you that Mr. Miller was involved with the SaveDSC bunch up to his neck, he went so far as to bring a petition nominating him for a director position in the "new DSC" to a DSC volunteer "thank you" party and attempted to get people to sign. Pretty low class, in my opinion. He also was the reason a law firm engaged in the first place, then complained that the chosen law firm was a conflict of interest and threatening to sue because the DSC treasurers CPA firm had done tax work for one of the law firm partners. The same CPA firm had done tax work for Mr. Miller, but that was OK. A new law firm was retained and did work for several months at great expense. Miller had threatened to sue DSC on a couple of occasions (not sure why) and the then President seemed to be afraid of him (my take) and instead of removing him from the club as they did a couple of the others involved, he was chosen for this award. Appeasement in my mind. I contacted the current president after I was told by a couple of the past OHAA winners that Miller was receiving the award and she told me that she had nothing to do with it, that the choice was made by the OHAA group (led by the guy sash picture with the most lanyards),and she couldn't do anything about it. President of the club.
As for the removal of some of the SaveDSC guys, several of them were deposed and quite a few additional names were forthcoming and were not held accountable, special meetings to discuss removal of some were held and when I heard of these meetings I sent emails to the then president requesting time to offer additional information on some of these individuals, request was denied. Mr Miller, though deeply involved, was not one of these individuals.

Karl Evans

Administrator
posted Hide Post
We are in a reality show!

La Pierre is screwing the NRA.

SCI is blind to anything but silly circles.

And now DSC has been taken over!

What hope is there for us as hunters??

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Not relying on anyone but yourself, go hunting and enjoy life

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Maybe Saeed should hold an African hunting convention in Dubai. We could call it the Dubai Safari Convention.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9866 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is part of the press release:

I didn’t post the entire document due to its length . It is important to note a retraction was issued.

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Thank you Larry,

Interesting reading the letter you posted.

From past "Clubs" that I have belong to, when a group tries to take the "Club" over and their execution fails, they are usually ousted from the "Club".

The participants being, Life memberships were revoked and/or annual member membership were not renewed. They were free to move on and start their own "Club". This is what I expected to have heard from DSC.

Now the members behind the Save DSC fiscal, my expectation from the DSC leadership was to revoke their DSC membership and band them for life as DSC members. I do believe that other DSC members felt the same.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1572 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It looks like the other takeover DSC person in the photo is Wilson Stout who should be publicly embarrassed also. Looks like he continues to be the chair of this OHAA award committee who awards people like Stephen Miller even after they tried to over throw DSC together!! Who is in charge of DSC to allow these people to still be in DSC positions?
Wilson Stout (the one with all of the goofy colored ropes and Jim Carey glasses look alike) is quoted as saying “the OHAA awards individuals who become an important part of DSC history”. Looks as though this Wilson Stout clown is partially responsible for giving his pal Stephen Miller this DSC award.
What a crock of B.S.
It’s an embarrassment for all DSC members to allow the likes of Stephen Miller and Wilson Stout to remain as members of DSC.

Posts: 673 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
Thank you Larry,

Interesting reading the letter you posted.

From past "Clubs" that I have belong to, when a group tries to take the "Club" over and their execution fails, they are usually ousted from the "Club".

The participants being, Life memberships were revoked and/or annual member membership were not renewed. They were free to move on and start their own "Club". This is what I expected to have heard from DSC.

Now the members behind the Save DSC fiscal, my expectation from the DSC leadership was to revoke their DSC membership and band them for life as DSC members. I do believe that other DSC members felt the same.

Well…didn’t happen. I believe a total of 11 individuals were identified thru depositions. One resigned, two were removed and one received the OHAA award.

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl,
Not certain "leadership" is the correct definition however how many of the 11 still remain in some sort of leadership or active positions at DSC?
What % of leadership do these individuals comprise. In other words do they convey any influence or direction?

EZ

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
It looks like the other takeover DSC person in the photo is Wilson Stout who should be publicly embarrassed also. Looks like he continues to be the chair of this OHAA award committee who awards people like Stephen Miller even after they tried to over throw DSC together!! Who is in charge of DSC to allow these people to still be in DSC positions?
Wilson Stout (the one with all of the goofy colored ropes and Jim Carey glasses look alike) is quoted as saying “the OHAA awards individuals who become an important part of DSC history”. Looks as though this Wilson Stout clown is partially responsible for giving his pal Stephen Miller this DSC award.
What a crock of B.S.
It’s an embarrassment for all DSC members to allow the likes of Stephen Miller and Wilson Stout to remain as members of DSC.

This is very sad indeed!

Why are those who should have had their ass kicked out being rewarded?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
Karl,
Not certain "leadership" is the correct definition however how many of the 11 still remain in some sort of leadership or active positions at DSC?
What % of leadership do these individuals comprise. In other words do they convey any influence or direction? EZ

I’m not certain leadership is the correct term either, but as far as I know only one of those either removed or resigned are having nothing to do with DSC. The recent OHAA award speaks for itself (plenty of influence there) and the press release posted in part by Larry Shores was published by one of those removed. And, I know for a fact that one of the remaining miscreants (a past DSC President) was sending communications to various outdoor writers as recently as last August, making absurd claims. He, by the way was one of the original saveDSC bunch and was given a pass by the DSC Pres at the time. Of the others I have heard nothing, but I suspect some of those were duped by friends and I bear no illness will towards them. Those involved comprise no part of leadership but exert a lot of influence thru friends that are officers or directors. Hope this explanation helps.

Karl Evans

One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
Who is the guy n the cowboy hat and who is the blonde?

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
Karl,
What % of leadership do these individuals comprise. In other words do they convey any influence or direction?

EZ

EZ,

This sash and crap seems to be their way of tossing shit in the real leaders of DSC.

I once ran an organization (college fraternity) and had the authority to expel members for cause, but always left it to the membership.

These guys are just the same jackasses grown up.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No one, NO ONE raised more voice or hell against the Save DSC nonsense than myself.There are people on this thread that will remember the AG meeting two years ago when I lit up this bunch...by name...to their faces... in front of the entire and large gathering. Please feel free to comment on it here if you were there. I did everything in my power to sack the entire Save DSC lot, but that is not, after a titanic struggle what was done. OHAA awards their Award to themselves. No current Officer, Board member, President or CEO at DSC votes on that award. And Saaed, NO, awards are NOT our priority or part of our mission. While I appreciate the dedication to lofty hunting goals, and success in the hunt that these hunters have achieved, I would prefer they go away, as I personally believe they are dangerous in that they are viewed so poorly by the general public today. I will use my voice, for whatever power it might, or might not generate, to petition for just that. There was a struggle of Old Guard 'Club Mentality" vs the current Leadership Goal of becoming the most successful conservation\hunter advocacy organization we can be while making a true difference on a Global Basis. No one rolled his eyes during the OHAA Award presentation than myself, and for ANYONE to think this nonsense of awards as being a priority at DSC is simply not updated on the facts, or the inner workings of it's leadership goals. I am... and I hope my reputation in this industry, which means everything to me, would and will matter to the readers of this thread. It is my opinion that DSC is in the best position this organization has ever been in. Our leadership is talented, driven and committed. Our Boards have improved dramatically in the last several years, and are a exciting reflection of the type of people who are ready to sacrifice both time and talent to reach the lofty goals DSC has set for the future. Our convention was a success despite the issues we had to deal with due to Covid related travel issues, and I am hoping all other conventions will be equally successful. There has been much SPIN put on this thread. I hope my comments will help to end the speculation that DSC is searching for its soul. Nothing, nothing could be further from the truth gentlemen.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
No one, NO ONE raised more voice or hell against the Save DSC nonsense than myself.There are people on this thread that will remember the AG meeting two years ago when I lit up this bunch...by name...to their faces... in front of the entire and large gathering. Please feel free to comment on it here if you were there. I did everything in my power to sack the entire Save DSC lot, but that is not, after a titanic struggle what was done. OHAA awards their Award to themselves. No current Officer, Board member, President or CEO at DSC votes on that award. And Saaed, NO, awards are NOT our priority or part of our mission. While I appreciate the dedication to lofty hunting goals, and success in the hunt that these hunters have achieved, I would prefer they go away, as I personally believe they are dangerous in that they are viewed so poorly by the general public today. I will use my voice, for whatever power it might, or might not generate, to petition for just that. There was a struggle of Old Guard 'Club Mentality" vs the current Leadership Goal of becoming the most successful conservation\hunter advocacy organization we can be while making a true difference on a Global Basis. No one rolled his eyes during the OHAA Award presentation than myself, and for ANYONE to think this nonsense of awards as being a priority at DSC is simply not updated on the facts, or the inner workings of it's leadership goals. I am... and I hope my reputation in this industry, which means everything to me, would and will matter to the readers of this thread. It is my opinion that DSC is in the best position this organization has ever been in. Our leadership is talented, driven and committed. Our Boards have improved dramatically in the last several years, and are a exciting reflection of the type of people who are ready to sacrifice both time and talent to reach the lofty goals DSC has set for the future. Our convention was a success despite the issues we had to deal with due to Covid related travel issues, and I am hoping all other conventions will be equally successful. There has been much SPIN put on this thread. I hope my comments will help to end the speculation that DSC is searching for its soul. Nothing, nothing could be further from the truth gentlemen.

Thank you Dave.

I appreciate what you have said.

If you, and hopefully others, were against this, why did they go ahead with it?

Please correct me, but the way I understand it is that the ones who were trying to destroy DSC are being rewarded??

I hope I am wrong!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sure there is a contract in place between DSC and OHAA. If there is a contract it is set to end at some point. Cannot DSC withdraw or refuse to re-up hosting OHAA?

Posts: 10832 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dave,

As I posted above, you definitely were the most vocal champion of DSC. I thank your for that. I also thank you for all you do for DSC.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think sometimes people forget the reason they loved hunting when they first began. I can go to the streets to see a cat fight.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl / Dave,

Thank you for your efforts and commitments in keeping DSC for what I have have known it has been.
And I did enjoy the convention this year no less than in the past. Good job!

EZ