New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nixon Gets another 90+
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The three times I hunted with Nixon the game scouts considered the middle of the river bed as the boundary.
I remember Aaron killed a huge elephant on Nixon’s side of the riverbed.

Nixon had a lot of quota and usually had some leftover to sell. I was in camp more than once when other operators called Nixon to discuss picking up some of his quota for their clients.

I was in another area of Zim with another operator hunting Cape Buffalo and was seeing quite a few bull elephants. I asked if I could upgrade to a non trophy bull elephant hunt. He said of course and he had unsold quota so we were good to go. 2 days later I had a 32x27.5 bull on the ground.

Sounds like good business to me.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1925 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good business? A guy with a track record of huge elephants, in some of the best areas to get huge elephants, and he can't sell his quota/always has quota left? And that apparently for any of the big 5 (can you even hunt rhino in Zim???) Hmmmm.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was a time before the US embargo that he would sell all his elephant quota but I doubt it now.

BTW,
Nixon never goes to any of the conventions and rarely uses an agent. Outside of this forum very few know he exists.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1925 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
I misspoke.

Not Big 5.

He had buff, elephant, lion, leopard and croc quota.

There was a guy from Holland hunting lion and leopard while I was there.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The impression I am getting is he has connections in high places.

He gets away with stuff a white PH would never do.

Not sure if this is true.

But information have come through several sources.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BEGNO:
There was a time before the US embargo that he would sell all his elephant quota but I doubt it now.

BTW,
Nixon never goes to any of the conventions and rarely uses an agent. Outside of this forum very few know he exists.

Exactly...before the ban, he was always booked on ele

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

If he is or isn’t it’s irrelevant as corruption and who you know is completely normal in Africa and ME so what’s your point Saeed?
Mister Obvious?

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ready Aim Shoot
posted Hide Post
Nixon had very good prices.He wasn't a rip off.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bingo...

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

It wouldn't be the first nor the last time someone gets to wangle a deal with Park Rangers and as suggested, it would be far easier for an indigenous local to secure agreeable terms.

Posts: 1869 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

It wouldn't be the first nor the last time someone gets to wangle a deal with Park Rangers and as suggested, it would be far easier for an indigenous local to secure agreeable terms.

I think the discussion in part was how he keeps shooting big elephant. This is a great forum to learn about hunting in Africa. We all know there are good and bad outfitters/PH in Africa. The really good ones on here you almost never hear a bad word said. I bought into the Nixon hype based mostly on AR a few year ago. Lesson learned. I am sure some of you had great experiences with Nixon but what I have seen personally and read I would never consider booking with him again. I could say more but won’t.
People can make up their own minds.

My last post on this subject.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote