Find
Notify
Tools

Nixon Gets another 90+
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted
Nixon Dzingai has a track record of taking large elephants from his southern Zimbabwe camps. His last Polish hunter just got one that will go close to 100# if not more. The tusks are 22" at the lip. He sent me photos that I will get posted. It's another incredible bull.

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 859 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dukxdog:
Nixon Dzingai has a track record of taking large elephants from his southern Zimbabwe camps. His last Polish hunter just got one that will go close to 100# if not more. The tusks are 22" at the lip. He sent me photos that I will get posted. It's another incredible bull.

Nixon got already 2 Very Big Jumbos this Year.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome, so glad to hear that he is still doing well.

Looking forward to the pics.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1925 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ready Aim Shoot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BEGNO:
Awesome, so glad to hear that he is still doing well.

Looking forward to the pics.

I am not sure I am.Perhaps it would be wise for him and his client to keep them to themselves and not hurt the whole hunting community.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nixon is one hell of a PH.

Posts: 558 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
90 plus elephants don’t grow on trees!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66766 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's fantastic.

I question how his clients are hurting the entire hunting community, RAS?

Posts: 1417 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am always suspicious of a PH who keeps getting big elephants, when others cannot.

Especially in Zimbabwe.

Posts: 66766 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brandon.Gleason:
That's fantastic.

This is a very sensitive and divisive subject. I happen to agree with George on it. Other disagree, there is space for both opinions

Posting a picture of this and other Elephants do nothing to promote or show hunting in a good light. They are inflammatory to the anti's and perhaps even those who might be convinced of the good hunting conservation through hunting can do. Nobody here needs to be convinced of that.

All those "middle-ground" unconvinced people see is a dead Elephant. They don't understand why, all they see is a smiling client behind a dead beast.

It denies anyone the ability to explain the complexities of successful conservation through hunting.

Elephants' in particular, flip emotional switches within people, emotions we as a demographic don't get.

Nothin good comes from posting those photos. My day will be just fine without seeing it. Just knowing there are still 100# Elephants around is enough for me.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3342 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ready Aim Shoot
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's fantastic.

A while back they shot one and the pic was all over the web and main stream media.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw the pic nice Bull. From the kuiu camo I was wondering what the American was going to do with the ivory I was hoping he had a place In Mexico or something. Now I see he’s Polish problem solved..With the cammander in tool now with the lefties going wild no way your getting that in

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2840 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
He has great areas for producing big jumbos as I can attest to that
The pictures questions are valid and at the same time, do we wanna run around scared?
These crazy people been trying to shut down hunting and especially elephant hunting for decades
We have to stand tall no matter what...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Nixon has the best areas in Zimbabwe for large bulls (Next to Gonarezhou) and he is a hell of a good PH.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I am always suspicious of a PH who keeps getting big elephants, when others cannot.

Especially in Zimbabwe.

I don't know why you would say this. Nothing suspicious or unethical about the hunts. Many here have hunted with him and know his reputation of being a good hunter in good areas. Zim has produced many large bulls in recent years.

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 859 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nixon is the hardest working PH I’ve hunted with and couple that with a superb Elephant area next to park boundaries it is inevitable that he produces big Elephants. I wouldn’t hunt the Jumbos anywhere else.

I don’t do social media so the picture stuff doesn’t affect me. I’m also retired and immune to social outrage. Here in Louisiana most folks think it is so cool to hunt Africa and kill Elephants.

Congrats to Nixon again.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1925 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
The pictures I saw were posted onFacebook. Fantastic elephant!

However, I have to agree with Steve on this one; we as a community are doing ourselves no favors when we post pictures of certain species that trigger those in society who already wish to see hunting stopped. It just adds fuel to their fire.

Posts: 3835 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Especially in Zimbabwe.

Smart man...

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
That's fantastic.

This is a very sensitive and divisive subject. I happen to agree with George on it. Other disagree, there is space for both opinions

Posting a picture of this and other Elephants do nothing to promote or show hunting in a good light. They are inflammatory to the anti's and perhaps even those who might be convinced of the good hunting conservation through hunting can do. Nobody here needs to be convinced of that.

All those "middle-ground" unconvinced people see is a dead Elephant. They don't understand why, all they see is a smiling client behind a dead beast.

It denies anyone the ability to explain the complexities of successful conservation through hunting.

Elephants' in particular, flip emotional switches within people, emotions we as a demographic don't get.

Nothin good comes from posting those photos. My day will be just fine without seeing it. Just knowing there are still 100# Elephants around is enough for me.

I don't disagree with your thoughts, Steve. It just feels wrong hiding it like we're doing something wrong.

Though, I suppose I'm utilizing the same gut-based thought process the anti's are in my feelings about it...... Terrible it has to be this way.

There are operators that put forward the good the hunting of these animals does, I'd like to think it goes a long way in showing those "middle ground," sensible individuals the light.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the photos are all over facebook

I have them

it’s also has the add of the outfitter

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
A few days ago, I had two high school friends repost M Jines and Buzz' elephant pic and the nasty anti comments. I was going to respond to them, but thought different of doing so and keeping it out there. In my opinion, Facebook is not a good place to put that stuff. I have to agree with Steve on this.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I haven’t seen it, but I think many saying great 90 pounder were also some that said they’d never take a tape to a trophy. It has to be a big jumbo no matter what.

I also recall some questions about Nixon, but mostly from llama packer or whatever his name was. It was a question about Travelers Cheques.

I think llama packer was run off. I don’t know anyone involved here and will shut up, but many talk from both sides of their mouth. Congrats to the hunter for a great trophy, no matter the weight.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
A few days ago, I had two high school friends repost M Jines and Buzz' elephant pic and the nasty anti comments. I was going to respond to them, but thought different of doing so and keeping it out there. In my opinion, Facebook is not a good place to put that stuff. I have to agree with Steve on this.

I was in the NFD of Kenya and just happened to connect to cell service. My phone dinged with a message from my wife with the same pics you are talking about asking me if I knew anything about it. It was sent to her from an aunt she never talks to.

That’s the power of social media.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is an article in Sports Illustrated about a New Jersey Bear hunt. Very much designed to end bear hunting in New Jersey. That state has a lot of Black Bears.

I do not get it. An elephant that old is just going to starve to death or be poached. In all practicality elephants are just big, hungry pigs.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My understanding from the post below is that Nixon no longer hunts Malapati. It would be wise to reread Saeed's post. Big elephants are fantastic trophies. Legal elephants of any size make even better trophies.
Bill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
posted 26 April 2018 19:44 Hide Post
Not 1 or 2 but several large tusked ele have been found dead from gunshot wounds where bullets were recovered revealing typical for a tourist-hunter but not poacher deep inside the boundaries of Gonarezhou. Recovery sites from others not so far across the Mwnezie into the park also found.

Many of the unrecovered were not taken off of quota.

The Malapati community dislikes Nixon from withholding funds from them.

The Malapati community wanted a change in operators. FZS helped broker a deal for a more reputable operator whom all would recognize. FZS did not really want to annex Malapati.

But, in the end, the community raised such a stink over Nixon and with the dead ele piling up in the park, they decided to pay the community what they wanted to put Malapati under its jurisdiction.

Malapati could have easily stayed a hunting concession with the blessing of FZ under different management. The deal was set up but Nixon mounted a legal battle that made it politically incorrect to award the concession the the new operator.

That is the truth, for those who want the truth.

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
And truth is probably somewhere in the middle and jealousy and envy adds to it
Problem with parks is they won’t let you go in and recover animals
Never understood that kinda policy
And we have them here in states as well
And what a waste of resources from the very people who suppose to make sure there is no waste

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe Llamapacker is a crook. He cheated Nixon out of thousands of dollars. That has been discussed here before. He was exposed years ago. Go away Bill.

I wouldn’t believe one damn thing that POS says.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BEGNO:
I believe Llamapacker is a crook. He cheated Nixon out of thousands of dollars. That has been discussed here before. He was exposed years ago. Go away Bill.

I wouldn’t believe one damn thing that POS says.

What he has posted have been reported, from several sources.

Also, while we are on big elephants killed in Zimbabwe, I have heard of some being killed in other countries, and claimed to have been killed in Zimbabwe to facilitate export licenses.

Zimbabwe has some excellent, honest professional hunters, with who I would hunt without any hesitation.

And some who are as pure as yellow snow!

And should be avoided at all costs.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The other elephants being killed, but reported as being from Zimbabwe was reported around 2012 as coming from Niassa in Mozambique by Craig Boddington and others.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Nixon is as honest as they come as I have hunted with him
Good man and very knowledgeable individual when it comes to nature and animals
I’ll stick up for him anywhere

“ Hávamál”

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
The other elephants being killed, but reported as being from Zimbabwe was reported around 2012 as coming from Niassa in Mozambique by Craig Boddington and others.

Mozambique was not the only country used.

Others, which have no elephant quota, have also been reported by very reliable sources too.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:

Nixon is as DISHONEST as they come as I have hunted with him (I am embarrassed to admit.)
Not a "good man", with just an average knowledge base and very poor eye sight.
I will advise anyone to use extreme caution with him at all times.

Bill

Now all of the Nixon sycophants can chime in and talk about how the rule of law doesn't really apply in Zimbabwe. After all, they got their trophy, so everything is good.

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted at Malapati and the surrounding areas a couple of times. I wasn't hunting ele, but my friends in camp were. I never witnessed anything remotely suspicious nor did it ever cross my mind that Nixon was anything other than a solid guy and a good PH. I now remember the llamapacker stuff from years ago. It's no different or better today than it was back then.

Posts: 661 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Malapati was incorporated back into Gonarezhou. It no longer exists as a hunting destination. I believe the ele in discussion were hunted in Sengwe. Nixon I believe has Sengwe 1 & 2.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36417 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by llamapacker:
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:

Nixon is as DISHONEST as they come as I have hunted with him (I am embarrassed to admit.)
Not a "good man", with just an average knowledge base and very poor eye sight.
I will advise anyone to use extreme caution with him at all times.

Bill

Now all of the Nixon sycophants can chime in and talk about how the rule of law doesn't really apply in Zimbabwe. After all, they got their trophy, so everything is good.

I don’t know you and I don’t know Nixon, but I do know you stole thousands of dollars from him. If I was going to believe either one of you, it would be him.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3504 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RickyClark
posted Hide Post
Well done Nixon, a fantastic area for both ele and buff, I need to go back now!

lets make a plan

Posts: 98 | Location: England | Registered: 29 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Malapati was incorporated back into Gonarezhou. It no longer exists as a hunting destination. I believe the ele in discussion were hunted in Sengwe. Nixon I believe has Sengwe 1 & 2.

That is correct Lane

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
quote:

What do we know about these 2 bwana? Any weights?

Thanks

Posts: 1853 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
quote:

What do we know about these 2 bwana? Any weights?

Thanks

I just got a WhatsApp from a very reputable PH that Nixon’s big bull went 81x90. He also sent me a picture of a very nice bull he guided a client to a few days ago in an area near Gonarezou, that should go mid-60’s but looks bigger in the picture. I do not have permission to share the photo, however. Great bull, great PH.

Posts: 3835 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t know Nixon personally. I know Phillip Smythe booked an exclusive elephant hunt in Gon. While out hunting we bump into Nixon with his client hunting elephant in our block. I threatened to leave the next day. As far as I know they never returned.
I know we were not allowed per game scout to step foot in the river bed between hunting area and park. About 800-1000 yards from river bank to river bank. Phil and I look over maybe a 50 pounder late one afternoon. I say Maybe 50 with a swollen leg. We pass.
The next week a tv personality with Nixon shoots him in the middle of the river bed. Posts pics here. He grew to a 65 pounder in a week.

I was told you could hunt kudu with Nixon if you bumped into an elephant you magically had elephant on license. I would trust my life to the Ph that told me this. I did many times.

I don’t have a dog in this hunt just my personal experience.

Jeff h

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
I also hunted with Nixon.

I saw nothing out of the way.

Nixon did not have enough clients to take the allowed quotas for his 3 areas he had. There fore I could have taken any other of the big 5 for a negotiated price plus govt. trophy fee. I just didn't have the money for anything other than the 2 buff I took.

As far as the game scout and the boundry. I did see this. One game scout didn't even want us to hunt anywhere near the river. When we were in another area. That game scout said I could shoot a bush buck that was standing almost half way across.

The same one who didn't want us near the river. Cost me a big wildebeest. He wouldn't let us shoot it. Said there was no quota. Apparently there was. Nixon went off. Only time I saw any of them say a unkind word.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote