The Accurate Reloading Forums
NEW IVAN CARTER SHOW (DARK & DANGEROUS)

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1411043/m/5061057781

10 April 2013, 03:35
MCHURCH470
NEW IVAN CARTER SHOW (DARK & DANGEROUS)
I WAS JUST CURIOUS IF ANYONE HAS HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE IVANS NEW SHOW: (DARK & DANGEROUS)? AND IF SO WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS WERE? I HAVE WATCHED TWO EPISODES AND SO FAR IT SEEMS WELL PUT TOGETHER!
MARK
10 April 2013, 05:21
kudu4u
When and where is this show? I would like to DVR.
Thanks!

"In these days of mouth-foaming Disneyism......"--- Capstick
Don't blame the hunters for what the poachers do!---me

Benefactor Member NRA
10 April 2013, 05:39
boliep
I have watched two episodes and think that is all that have been shown so far. I like the show but Ivan does more talking at the front end of the show than is necessary. Get to the hunting.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.

Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

10 April 2013, 05:44
Elton Rambin
10 PM CST Tuesday on Outdoor Channel.

Thought it very well done. Story told as it happened and thought camera work was excellent.
Sure beats most of the mindless drivel on some shows that often puts us in a poor light.
Thanks for a quality production.

Elton
10 April 2013, 10:03
jdollar
you mean you don't enjoy the ENDLESS array of show featuring whitetail shot with a bow from a tree stand or turkeys shot from a ground blind. positively unAmerican! dancing

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…
10 April 2013, 18:23
Aaron Neilson
Guys, just to be clear - the show is actually that of SAFARI CLASSICS. Its really Dave Fulson and Tim Dankelf that deserve the credit for the great hunting tv we all get the chance to see. Guys like Ivan, and I to a much lesser degree are very blessed to be a part of these great productions - but the shows aren't there to see because of the guy in front of the camera, its really the other way around.

Thanks Safari Classics for all you do!!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

10 April 2013, 18:48
shootaway
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
you mean you don't enjoy the ENDLESS array of show featuring whitetail shot with a bow from a tree stand or turkeys shot from a ground blind. positively unAmerican! dancing

One of the best hunting videos I have seen and one of the most memorable was from a fellow who did a whitetail bow hunt behind some farm in the US.I saw that last year somewhere in the net-a private video posted-very nice and I am not crazy for bow hunting.The fellow was well camouflaged and had a small device for analyzing shot placement.I believe he had filmed it himself with a fixed camera.
10 April 2013, 21:37
MacD37
quote:
Originally posted by boliep:
I have watched two episodes and think that is all that have been shown so far. I like the show but Ivan does more talking at the front end of the show than is necessary. Get to the hunting.

The commentary at the front of all Ivan’s films, IMO, is something that is needed in all hunting films. I say this because when a person who is on the fence about African hunting in particular, and hunting in the pastures for things like deer and elk in general, will give him a true background on hunting. If the film is simply rack-um and stack-um it would be without that lead in something is lost to those who do not understand real hunting. Some ground work mentioned makes the reasons for hunting, and the conservation component that is involved clear to the guy who is undecided about how he feels on the need or desirability of hunting being actually beneficial to wildlife in general.

Certainly we as seasoned hunters are already aware of this, and we want to get to the hunting, but the lead-in is valuable IMO. Fast forward if you don’t want to hear the lead-in, but I say leave it there for those who benefit from it.

......................................................................... old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

10 April 2013, 21:59
Dave Fulson
We agree Mac, and plan to use that style intro more. Glad you enjoyed it.

Dave Fulson
10 April 2013, 22:02
MJines
Dave, congrats I can tell you are more relaxed and at peace with your fellow man today.

Mike
10 April 2013, 22:13
Gayne C. Young
I leave to hunt in Botswana with Ivan Carter and Johan Calitz on Friday.

I'll be there three weeks!

Actually, I'll be doing more writing than hunting but still!

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com
10 April 2013, 22:39
Tim Ferrall
By every measure, the shows produced by Safari Classics are some of the best. Camera work, subject matter, editing, hosting, and narration are all excellent, and every new season seems to be better than the last. 'Dark and Dangerous' has gotten off to a good start. Since it covers only DG, I hope that there will be enough variety to keep it fresh. Our 2012 Zim trip was filmed by one of the SC guys in one of the areas frequently shown, and I find almost as much interest in seeing the pilots, camp staff, trackers, and PHs that are now considered friends, as I do the actual hunting. Keep up the good work, Dave and Tim.
10 April 2013, 23:11
cjfoster
quote:
Originally posted by Gayne C. Young:

Gayne, looking forward to reading your report when you get back. Have a great trip!
10 April 2013, 23:41
A.Dahlgren
I have not seen new episodes of Tracks but I would like to see the cameraman using a "steadicam" when doing hunting films in general in Africa. It would be hard in the rain forrest but would work perfect in other areas.

Click for some photos on Instagram

www.bwana.be
11 April 2013, 00:17
Bill C
I saw the one this past week and it was very good. Using the bucket of water buried by the bait for the cat to drink out of was something I had never been exposed to before. I also thought it good that Ivan was not dragging anybody around by the scruff of their neck, to “get them into shooting position”. Smiler

I really like when the hunt is "framed" and appreciate the information related of the area, conditions, strategy, rifles/loads, key gear, animal anatomy, shot results, etc. This being said, my most-favorite outdoor show at the moment is "Dropped: Project Yukon" so perhaps I am different than most.

Please keep up the excellent work Dave and Team!!!!
11 April 2013, 00:23
Gayne C. Young
quote:
Gayne, looking forward to reading your report when you get back. Have a great trip!

Report?

I might be working on a book...hint...hint

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com
11 April 2013, 01:30
jwm
quote:

All that this new show requires to be in the top 1 percentile of outdoor TV is a TOTAL AVOIDANCE of the typical hunting show footage and dialog, i.e.:

"That's what it's all about, baby!"

"It don't git no better'n that!"

"Look at the G4's on that there buck!"

"Whoohoo! Big Buck DOWN!!!! Matthews Solocam, baby! We wuz gonna use the muzzleloader with th' Burris Eliminator an' the Barnes Sabbits (yeah, they make it rhyme with "rabbits") but when this big sumbitch came in to the feeder, I had ta grab the Matthews and I MUZZIED hiz ass! Booyah!!!"

And, last but not least: the fist-pump!
11 April 2013, 01:43
TrophyShotPrints
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:

The commentary at the front of all Ivan’s films, IMO, is something that is needed in all hunting films. I say this because when a person who is on the fence about African hunting in particular, and hunting in the pastures for things like deer and elk in general, will give him a true background on hunting. If the film is simply rack-um and stack-um it would be without that lead in something is lost to those who do not understand real hunting. Some ground work mentioned makes the reasons for hunting, and the conservation component that is involved clear to the guy who is undecided about how he feels on the need or desirability of hunting being actually beneficial to wildlife in general.

Certainly we as seasoned hunters are already aware of this, and we want to get to the hunting, but the lead-in is valuable IMO. Fast forward if you don’t want to hear the lead-in, but I say leave it there for those who benefit from it.

Well said Mac tu2
11 April 2013, 03:07
Indi
quote:
Originally posted by Gayne C. Young:

LUCKY GUY !
11 April 2013, 04:00
Alaskaman11
quote:
Originally posted by jwm:
quote:

All that this new show requires to be in the top 1 percentile of outdoor TV is a TOTAL AVOIDANCE of the typical hunting show footage and dialog, i.e.:

"Whoohoo! Big Buck DOWN!!!! Matthews Solocam, baby! We wuz gonna use the muzzleloader with th' Burris Eliminator an' the Barnes Sabbits (yeah, they make it rhyme with "rabbits") but when this big sumbitch came in to the feeder, I had ta grab the Matthews and I MUZZIED hiz ass! Booyah!!!"

Hey, you're forgetting eyes rolling back in the head and the post orgasmic heavy breathing like asthmatic at the top of Mount Mckenley.

Double Rifles, This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as bolt rifle. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member
11 April 2013, 06:25
stomper
Im just curious gayne. what block will you be hunting in? I purchased an end of season elephant in the ng41 block and am hoping to take a bull over 70lbs. Will you be in this block by any chance and be able to let me know what you guys are seeing?

I know the ele move around a lot but my excitement is building and any reports I can get on the area are much needed to calm my nerves.
11 April 2013, 21:22
Gayne C. Young
Stomper,
Not sure what I'll be shooting - if anything - or where I'll be.
I'm covering the closing of hunting in Botswana and interviewing Ivan Carter and Johan Calitz for their insight into the matter.
I'm also working on a book project while there.
I'll post more when I find out

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com
11 April 2013, 21:25
cjfoster
quote:
Originally posted by jwm:
quote:

yuck
12 April 2013, 22:40
ivan carter
just out of the bush from a great hunt on nuanetsi - lots of game and we had an awesome time ...

thanks for the compliments men , i have to echo what aaron said , as a host we are just the very tip of the iceberg as far as the people who come together to make outdoor TV happen , between cameramen , editors and those doing the very necessary and tedious office stuff it takes a whole team ..

thanks again for the compliments
imc

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com
13 April 2013, 22:16
465H&H
quote:
Originally posted by ivan carter:
just out of the bush from a great hunt on nuanetsi - lots of game and we had an awesome time ...

thanks for the compliments men , i have to echo what aaron said , as a host we are just the very tip of the iceberg as far as the people who come together to make outdoor TV happen , between cameramen , editors and those doing the very necessary and tedious office stuff it takes a whole team ..

thanks again for the compliments
imc

Ivan,

Saw your leopard hunt show yesterday and really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed your taking the extra time to describe in more detail than normally done on this type of show of the hunting techniques and nuances of tracking and hunting DG in general. I believe I made that suggestion to you last year. I am looking forward to an elephant hunt show showing the same amount of detail and I hope you will discuss tracking and esp reading elephant behavior.

465H&H
22 April 2013, 08:18
Elton Rambin
quote:
posted 10 April 2013 10:03
you mean you don't enjoy the ENDLESS array of show featuring whitetail shot with a bow from a tree stand or turkeys shot from a ground blind. positively unAmerican!
jdollar

Jdollar.
I especially like where they shoot a deer that runs off falls over and then some blond gal giggles smiles at me and the whispers to me
" we only shoot 160 class free range deer from old friends free range farm that our friend invited us to hunt again" then she says " oh my God I cant believe it." than tells me in a whisper what I just saw. Am I a slow learner? that it has to be repeated in a whisper. If it is a secret why is it on TV? All this is just so mindlessly stupid. faint

The worst part is they get good ratings on the Golden Moose awards.

Them there are the guys with the serious look that "hunt the world for the most dangerous game" stick something then shove the bow in the air... hi five and probably bump butts off camera. archer

Oh.. the the big winner in the Golden Moose awards is some gal that shoots a lion with a bow, a camera crew and pep squad behind her. That cat appears not quite right with a dull look of bewilderment. Maybe the cat could not believe what it saw and crouched there in an unbelieving stupor. cuckoo

jdollar.. guess I'm an unAmerican Native Indian... I just do not get it.
Elton