THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anyone hunted Ethiopia and loved it?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone hunted Ethiopia and loved it?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone out there hunted in Ethiopia and really swears up and down that it was fantastic? I excuse Rich Elliott from commenting as he has been there about a hundred times.

Living in Cairo makes getting there very cheap and very quick..

Anyone out there able to talk me into this?

Posts: 10147 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Hard, different, unique -- words like that probably closer to what you'll hear.

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't been there (yet) but love their food & met many Ethiopians in the US, genuine & sincere for the most part...I wish they'd open some affordable plain-vanilla hunts for the more common plainsgame that may be available...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Next on the bucket list.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Been to Ethiopia a bunch, but never hunted there. I know I'd like it though.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://forums.accuratereloadin...701030911#4701030911

Link to photos and report. INCREDIBLE country!!!
You will love the place.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9362 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I have a friend here in Pa. who has hunted Ethopia and had a bang up safari and is returning for a second one.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BNagel:

you left out 2 words-VERY EXPENSIVE!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Need more love here..

I know others have been...

Tell the highs and lows...

Posts: 10147 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I took a few clients to Ethiopia already and loved it. Depending on where you go - Rift Valley, Danakil Desert or the lakes the one is completely different to the other.
Ethiopia has the biggest Crocs I've ever seen. No lie. 18 - 19 foot is doable if you put the time and effort in. Dik-dik you can hunt with a slingshot - they are so tame and in quantity.
Interesting people. Good game animals. Great food. Horrible traveling.

Fritz Rabe
Askari Adventures & Fritz Rabe Bow-hunting

Posts: 217 | Location: Musina South Africa | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think George Caswell took a 70 lb. jumbo there many moons ago. Obviously, those were better days.

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Stay away from the Afar ...

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill ?

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
Originally posted by BNagel:

Yep, and even though I grew up there and would love to go I just watch Shockey and Buchanan do it. Moja is still a no go (DVD) and there's been Brittingham, Lipscombe and Pocius before (VCR).

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, Ethiopia is very expensive for a standard hunt. But being that he is currently living there, I would guess that he is in a prime position to pick-up a "quota clean-up" hunt for a great price.

Personally I would not ask this forum, I would get in contact with all the outfitters in the country and try to find out what they might be able to offer you. Many concessions have an abundance of one or two species that they would be able to offer you. Plus you might be able to add some other stuff if they have quota left over.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Reading Kathi's hunt report stirs some old memory of reading somewhere that Ethiopia is quite a bit like the tropical jungles of India. Very thik jungle with rain and mist. Also the scenario of monkeys alarm calling at the sight of a leopard sounds just like India.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxx1kj6781o

Ethiopia hunting video

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fritz Rabe:

Ethiopia has the biggest Crocs I've ever seen. No lie. 18 - 19 foot is doable if you put the time and effort in.

Can you take crocodile in Ethiopia at the moment? bewildered

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No croc hunting in Ethiopia.

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
Thanx Kathi great video the Bushbuck are identical to the EC Bushbuck, our bucks faces are not as red, but bodies are just as dark and contrasting.

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.jimshockey.com/phot...2012-Ethiopia/page-1

Link to photos of Jim Shockey's 2012 Ethiopia hunt.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just returned from ET. Regarding the end-of-season "clean up" hunt, the ET governmant collects trophy fees in advance of hunting there and will probably do so on your clean up. Be prepared for this.
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:

Yeah, Ethiopia is very expensive for a standard hunt. But being that he is currently living there, I would guess that he is in a prime position to pick-up a "quota clean-up" hunt for a great price.

Personally I would not ask this forum, I would get in contact with all the outfitters in the country and try to find out what they might be able to offer you. Many concessions have an abundance of one or two species that they would be able to offer you. Plus you might be able to add some other stuff if they have quota left over.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
9 year old post?