New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tukutela Safaris?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know anything about a Frank Lau of Tukutela Safaris?

Thanks

Posts: 488 | Location: WI | Registered: 31 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
Is he German?

Posts: 501 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No idea. He operates out of Botswana and Zim.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AXEL19:
No idea. He operates out of Botswana and Zim.

Never heard of him

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
OK. I think Know who this PH is. Back in the day, 2002 - 2005 ish, Frank had a concession (the second one on the right) as you entered the Gwaii river area. Back when the farm take-overs were going on. I believe he married a gal from Zim which allowed him to be in the area. There were a Zillion elephant all over his concession, especially when it got dry out. Then, he disappeared on my radar until just a year or two ago, when he emerged on Tutenkala. Which is the very back or last ranch in the Gwaii river area. That had been taken over by some general (I think).
Anyway, they have a nice FB page. I know if it hasn’t been shot or poached out the game is good! And I know Frank came to the rescue of a PH friend of mine a long time ago. Well, that’s it. All I know and not 100% sure of any of that!!!

Posts: 501 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
It's probably still illegal for anyone US based to hunt in the Gwayi.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
Frank Lau is indeed German. From Hamburg if I remember correctly.
I hunted with him in Namibia 6 or 7 years ago.
This was my first taste of Africa and a warthog cull hunt. We did a lot of shooting, warthogs abound around Hochfeld.
I am strongly considering hunting a buffalo with him next year in Zimbabwe.

Posts: 456 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I find it bizzare that anyone would willingly hunt in the Gwaai with all its bad reviews and many illegal operators when you have so many great options with respected and recognised operators.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
I must whole heartedly agree with Buzz!
I pray thee......look elsewhere.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think one of the responsibilities of the modern hunter is to look past the trophy and the price and ensure that the operator you are hunting with, is hunting his area sustainably.

In these times with wilderness dwindling at an alarming rate it is imperative for operators to be involved with the conservation and social issues of their areas.

Hunting with the right operator not only gives you an experience and a trophy but is also an investment in the hunting opportunities of future hunters.

Posts: 398 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:

I find it bizzare that anyone would willingly hunt in the Gwaai with all its bad reviews and many illegal operators when you have so many great options with respected and recognised operators.

Tell me more, Ann and Buzz. I hunted elephant there two years ago. My PH didn't say anything about illegalities. What do I need to, or shoudl have known?
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal every one should make sure that the operator you are booking with is a member of SOAZ that would be the first step to going with a reputable operator that is not on contested land etc etc etc-

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:

Tell me more, Ann and Buzz. I hunted elephant there two years ago. My PH didn't say anything about illegalities. What do I need to, or shoudl have known?
Cal

Cal, I designed a form which I get Zim operators to sign which will hopefully protect me against such things. It isn’t hard to check the PH against the list. The far more difficult thing is when a PH contracts to hunt in an area that has been seized by someone on the banned list.

I have never heard of anyone actually being prosecuted for this in the US.

As a side note, I hunted the Gwaii twice in the mid 90’s. Back then it was incredible.

Posts: 11909 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:

Again, thank you for the info as this is why I came here. Something about the price, add, lack of reviews, lack of info in general seemed off to me so hence I came looking for some. Unfortunately some or most of us aren't aware of all the issues or what to look out for. I am a little wiser now. Shortly after posting here I decided he wasn't an option for my money.

Thanks to all.

Cameron

P.S. if anyone is curious I found him through bookyourhunt.com.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AXEL19:
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:

Again, thank you for the info as this is why I came here. Something about the price, add, lack of reviews, lack of info in general seemed off to me so hence I came looking for some. Unfortunately some or most of us aren't aware of all the issues or what to look out for. I am a little wiser now. Shortly after posting here I decided he wasn't an option for my money.

Thanks to all.

Cameron

P.S. if anyone is curious I found him through bookyourhunt.com.

Glad you got your answers.

This is basically what AR is.

Open to everyone to ask their questions and post their information.

No restrictions because of advertising pressure found on other sites.

And it will always remain so.

May honesty and integrity in our sport.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote