New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am Beginning To Dislike Doctors!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not wasted mine. I pay little attention to talking heads on TV. When our governor shut down the state and told everyone they were confined to quarters, I paid attention to what most people in my area were doing. A big sign was erected at the entrances to the city closest to me telling people to stay at home. They could all see it from their vehicles while travelling to businesses that our governor categorized as "life sustaining," WalMart, Home Depot, Target, and Lowes for some examples. While we were ordered to shelter in place, the lines at supermarkets to buy toilet paper were reminicent of a liquor store at 5:30 PM on New Years Eve, and the parking lots at the four life sustainers above were filled most days. When my government sent me a check, which I did not need, I did what they wanted me to do. I spent it. I bought a nice new deer rifle. A man can't possibly have too many deer rifles, can he? At every opportunity, I go outside to exercise. One of my favorite places to do that is my hunting camp. I can work up a sweat using my chainsaw, take a nice long walk and do inventory of game populations, or just sit on the porch, pop the cap on a foamer, and contemplate life as it is and would be if I were in charge. Life is good if you decide to make it so, and I am too happy with things as they are to pay much attention to politicians. My doctor hunts birds with me and my dog. He told me one day, "Keep doing whatever you are doing. It seems to be working for you." I am following his advice. By the way, he misses birds as often as I do.

quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by muttleysgone:
I came to the conclusion back in March that this was mostly bullshit designed to strike fear into the hearts of the masses and bring them under control. Nothing since then has caused me to rethink this conclusion. I am in the "at risk" portion of the population, being 78 years old and having a mild form of COPD (chronic bronshitis). To hell with my governor and public health officials. I am going about my like as I have in the past.

Good attitude. We have wasted a year of our lives.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muttleysgone:
I have not wasted mine. I pay little attention to talking heads on TV. When our governor shut down the state and told everyone they were confined to quarters, I paid attention to what most people in my area were doing. A big sign was erected at the entrances to the city closest to me telling people to stay at home. They could all see it from their vehicles while travelling to businesses that our governor categorized as "life sustaining," WalMart, Home Depot, Target, and Lowes for some examples. While we were ordered to shelter in place, the lines at supermarkets to buy toilet paper were reminicent of a liquor store at 5:30 PM on New Years Eve, and the parking lots at the four life sustainers above were filled most days. When my government sent me a check, which I did not need, I did what they wanted me to do. I spent it. I bought a nice new deer rifle. A man can't possibly have too many deer rifles, can he? At every opportunity, I go outside to exercise. One of my favorite places to do that is my hunting camp. I can work up a sweat using my chainsaw, take a nice long walk and do inventory of game populations, or just sit on the porch, pop the cap on a foamer, and contemplate life as it is and would be if I were in charge. Life is good if you decide to make it so, and I am too happy with things as they are to pay much attention to politicians. My doctor hunts birds with me and my dog. He told me one day, "Keep doing whatever you are doing. It seems to be working for you." I am following his advice. By the way, he misses birds as often as I do.

Amen brother!!! beer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36509 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
A mistake which has been made almost everywhere is a failure to reliably test a large sample of the population to determine just how widespread the infection is among asymptomatic persons. It's not hard to figure out how to keep symptomatic people from spreading the virus, but if you don't know that someone is infected it's pretty difficult to isolate them.

How would one go about testing everyone? Would you have locked down NYC with the Guard and mandated 100% testing of all within the confines...isolating the ones infected? That is pretty much how veterinarians handle farms. Should people and municipalities be handled similarly?

Without the above (which was used in a few other countries), I have a hard time buying the testing yourself out of the disease argument.

And if you are going to test in the onset in high numbers...where do the “accuracy validated” easy/rapid tests (a necessity for this) come from to a novel antigen???

No disrespect meant...just food for thought.

Here in Idaho there are little white tents (empty now) that were to be used as remote testing sites. I figure if you simply staffed the tents on a regular schedule and put a sign that says “Free Covid-19 Testing” (and of course these are run by the local hospitals), over them, people will want to know empirically whether they are + or - and drive through.

Mass testing isn’t about force, like most things, it’s about removing the barrier to entry. Make it so easy to get tested (repeatedly if needed) and people will do it. And it will be cheaper than all that stimulus money.

OK...maybe you are right...certainly debatable. But early in the game, with a novel antigen, where do you get the “accuracy validated” rapid easy-to-use PCR test kits? A magic wand? (No disrespect meant—just being a smart-ass)

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36509 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I certainly wish the medical field knew as much about this disease as the rank and file here! If that were true we would all be on our way to Africa, in a disease free airplane!

...……………………………………. faint There went another one!
oldMacD37

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
A mistake which has been made almost everywhere is a failure to reliably test a large sample of the population to determine just how widespread the infection is among asymptomatic persons. It's not hard to figure out how to keep symptomatic people from spreading the virus, but if you don't know that someone is infected it's pretty difficult to isolate them.

How would one go about testing everyone? Would you have locked down NYC with the Guard and mandated 100% testing of all within the confines...isolating the ones infected? That is pretty much how veterinarians handle farms. Should people and municipalities be handled similarly?

Without the above (which was used in a few other countries), I have a hard time buying the testing yourself out of the disease argument.

And if you are going to test in the onset in high numbers...where do the “accuracy validated” easy/rapid tests (a necessity for this) come from to a novel antigen???

Here in Idaho there are little white tents (empty now) that were to be used as remote testing sites. I figure if you simply staffed the tents on a regular schedule and put a sign that says “Free Covid-19 Testing” (and of course these are run by the local hospitals), over them, people will want to know empirically whether they are + or - and drive through.

Mass testing isn’t about force, like most things, it’s about removing the barrier to entry. Make it so easy to get tested (repeatedly if needed) and people will do it. And it will be cheaper than all that stimulus money.

OK...maybe you are right...certainly debatable. But early in the game, with a novel antigen, where do you get the “accuracy validated” rapid easy-to-use PCR test kits? A magic wand? (No disrespect meant—just being a smart-ass)

Of course I don’t have that answer except to say S Korea figured it out. How they did it, dunno. But even where we are now with the disease, CV testing should be easy to get. We’ve had a slight uptick in cases here In Idaho (supposedly due to bars being opened) so it’s set us back a little. If those folks who were in the bars could, over the next week or so, get tested, they could self-quarantine - and I think they would do it. I think the people will make good decisions when they have good info on which to make the decisions, it’s just that info is hard to get sometimes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CV-19 is not a one size fits all pathogen. Sure there are now plenty of mutations, but overall, it is not affecting/infecting every population in a similar fashion.

So to say one country dealt better with it than others is not entirely accurate. For example, southern Africa is basically doing squat at testing and infection control yet their death rates are unexpectedly exceeding low. The initial predictions were going to be horrific based on the age, poor health, and lack of medical intervention on the continent. But it hasn't materialized and it most certainly wasn't because of their highly coordinated and brilliant response to the pandemic.

There is a lot more at play here than we know at the moment.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eyeman
posted Hide Post
Just remember the WHO started this mess. Unfortunately the politicians got involved..If the politicians were doctors, we all would be dead!!!

Posts: 340 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Was only talking about testing.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Of course I don’t have that answer except to say S Korea figured it out. How they did it, dunno. But even where we are now with the disease, CV testing should be easy to get. We’ve had a slight uptick in cases here In Idaho (supposedly due to bars being opened) so it’s set us back a little. If those folks who were in the bars could, over the next week or so, get tested, they could self-quarantine - and I think they would do it. I think the people will make good decisions when they have good info on which to make the decisions, it’s just that info is hard to get sometimes.

That is just it. The tests used by S. Korea were found to be highly inaccurate. The USA with Fauci/Birx guidance...declined to use them. At this point, whether testing played a role with S. Korea's outcome is not entirely clear.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
"I am Beginning To Dislike Doctors!"
I am well past that, well ahead of you Saeed.

After 33 years of being held responsible for the acts of God, I quit. It was the Christian thing to do, a kindness to self.
Jesus could only take 33 years of it also.

Glad I quit before becoming one of the legion of pathetic creatures who has to dance to the fiddle music of politics and third-party payers.
Good patient care has little to do with medical practice nowadays.
Evidence-based, best practices, standard of care, patient-centered, medical home, etc. "guidelines" are just code for doing what is cheapest in the long run,
to benefit the common good, not for the good of the individual.
No longer are doctors responsible for the acts of God.
They are responsible for the acts of politicians who are mostly lawyers, archangels serving the devil.

That the ass clown doctors know so little about this mutated common cold virus is why they have been such ass clowns.

We would sure have been better off if China and their puppet, the WHO, had been honest and open about what was going on last year in China.
Either they are really stupid or really evil.
Most likely they are both pathetically stupid and evil, and this mess is a Chinese bio-weapon.
The Chinese and WHO are very similar to the U.S. Dimwitcratic Party, both pathetically stupid and evil, and also a Chinese bio-weapon.
Mad

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote