New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am Beginning To Dislike Doctors!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
More than anytime in the past, I am so looking forward to going hunting!

But, those in the medical field are still "practicing!"

A more useless bunch of nitwits I have never see before!

An invisible bloody Chink virus has them beat!

Some tell us to lock ourselves in a hermetically sealed room, or we will die instantly.

Some tells us this is nothing more than a bit of runny nose!

Will you lot ever get your act together??

One lady in our office tested positive.

She had to quarantine with her family.

Non of them got it.

She did not feel that bad.

Two other people I know tested positive.

They decided to quarantine in a hotel away from their families.

Non felt anything wrong, and were climbing the walls to get out.

Another family all tested positive.

The wife stayed in hospital for 2 weeks, the father for 37 days, and almost did not make it.

Two teenage kids felt nothing!

I think I will take my chances of being trampled by elephants and gored y buffalo.

Lions do not scare me any more.

Not after what happened last year when one decided to tear our hide to pieces in total darkness while we were inside!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66928 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agree with you.

However, you did not blame Trump! Are You coming out of the dark into the light - to the conservatives???

You will get yourself banned from the political forum....

Posts: 10148 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Read the statistics Saeed. You know where I stand with carrying on with life.

If you can get there and back...go hunting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36531 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a hunt planned in Zim for mid August. It appears the airline is flying but I need Zim to eliminate the quarantine and then off I go.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MLindsay:
I have a hunt planned in Zim for mid August. It appears the airline is flying but I need Zim to eliminate the quarantine and then off I go.

Same here, but mine is in September.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a physician (retired). I plan to hunt in TZ in September. I figure that if aircrew can fly in and out of New York on a daily basis the odds of me making it to Arusha once are pretty good. Hunting camps are probably pretty safe.

Of course, how safe an activity is depends upon its political correctness. Participating in a riot is perfectly safe while attending a Trump rally is dangerous and irresponsible. Judged on this basis, as hunting is not politically correct, we are all irresponsible fiends who deserve what we have coming! Wink

Posts: 477 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
saeed my friend you are getting older and the older we get the less we get excited about what other people do, less believing about what they say and less fearful about things around us. it is known as the wisdom of age

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really, it isn’t the medical profession... it’s the politics surrounding “safety” and the modern world’s desire for zero risk.

People can’t make up their own minds (and critical part) be responsible for their decisions.

Posts: 10597 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
fauci is an asshat of the highest order. Changes his tune every day and got nothing right.

Posts: 205 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
saeed my friend you are getting older and the older we get the less we get excited about what other people do, less believing about what they say and less fearful about things around us. it is known as the wisdom of age

If you guys had any Wisdom (of age or education or life experience) you would be shooting blasers dancing sofa

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul C:

fauci is an asshat of the highest order. Changes his
tune every day and got nothing right.

And you can add the WHO and the CDC to that list...

On January 14th, the Who announced there was no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission.
On February 3rd, the WHO stated there was no need to interfere with international travel.
On March 11th, the WHO finally announces that CV-19 was now a pandemic.

These were the geniuses that were providing "expert" guidance to all governments on how to respond to CV-19. Little wonder why everyone got it so wrong.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carl Frederik Nagell:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
More than anytime in the past, I am so looking forward to going hunting!

But, those in the medical field are still "practicing!"

A more useless bunch of nitwits I have never see before!

An invisible bloody Chink virus has them beat!

Some tell us to lock ourselves in a hermetically sealed room, or we will die instantly.

Some tells us this is nothing more than a bit of runny nose!

Will you lot ever get your act together??

One lady in our office tested positive.

She had to quarantine with her family.

Non of them got it.

She did not feel that bad.

Two other people I know tested positive.

They decided to quarantine in a hotel away from their families.

Non felt anything wrong, and were climbing the walls to get out.

Another family all tested positive.

The wife stayed in hospital for 2 weeks, the father for 37 days, and almost did not make it.

Two teenage kids felt nothing!

I think I will take my chances of being trampled by elephants and gored y buffalo.

Lions do not scare me any more.

Not after what happened last year when one decided to tear our hide to pieces in total darkness while we were inside!

mmmm Sorry saeed but how can doctors be to blame with the covid-19 outbreak??

As a doctor myself I too feel that many contries have overreacted, but that is a political decision.

Good hunting
Carl Frederik

Posts: 489 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
quote:
fauci is an asshat of the highest order. Changes his tune every day and got nothing right.

And what would you do in his shoes Paul C?

Posts: 489 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I am with you 100%, Saeed.

I initially made the mistake of believing the doctors, but have now decided to ignore them and move forward.

I don't believe in taking needless risks, as a general matter.

But still, I do like to hunt dangerous game and drive fast.

So take all of this with a block of salt.

In my view, there has been so much nonsense spewed by doctors, and overkill implemented by politicians, about this virus that I refuse to submit to it any longer.

The only people who should ever have been quarantined were the already infected and the vulnerable - i.e., the elderly, especially those with pre-existing conditions, and the immuno-compromised.

Instead, the entire world and many, many national economies have been completely shut down. And nursing homes were opened to the infected and turned into morgues!

All on the advice of "medical experts" who, as it turns out, did not know the difference between their a**holes and the holes in their heads.

We should have known not to trust members of a "medical" profession that never makes a mistake which they do not bury, and worse, trust to politicians thirsty only for power!

bsflag

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will look past the gratuitous insults upon the medical profession. The reality is that people like Fauci are not practicing physicians. They are politicians who started out as doctors. Fauci hasn't treated an actual patient in many decades. Likewise, organizations like the WHO are run by politicians.

Posts: 477 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All I know is that I haven't been since 2017 and that's far too long. I postponed in 2018 and 2019 because of a change in law firms and in 2020 because of my partner's health issues. I'm going in 2021 come hell or high water.

Posts: 10001 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After 20 years of practice
most of us would think they'd be
experts instead of still practicing!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I came to the conclusion back in March that this was mostly bullshit designed to strike fear into the hearts of the masses and bring them under control. Nothing since then has caused me to rethink this conclusion. I am in the "at risk" portion of the population, being 78 years old and having a mild form of COPD (chronic bronshitis). To hell with my governor and public health officials. I am going about my like as I have in the past.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On average 650,000 people around the globe die of the Influenza virus EVERY year.

If this was about saving lives, then we would have closed down the planet in 1889 after the first Influenza pandemic.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muttleysgone:
I came to the conclusion back in March that this was mostly bullshit designed to strike fear into the hearts of the masses and bring them under control. Nothing since then has caused me to rethink this conclusion. I am in the "at risk" portion of the population, being 78 years old and having a mild form of COPD (chronic bronshitis). To hell with my governor and public health officials. I am going about my like as I have in the past.

Good attitude. We have wasted a year of our lives.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9865 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
On average 650,000 people around the globe die of the Influenza virus EVERY year.

If this was about saving lives, then we would have closed down the planet in 1889 after the first Influenza pandemic.

Add TB, Malaria, HIV to that list

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9865 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Of course covid-19 is a hoax. The hoaxers have even managed to convince 119,000 Americans to die in three months just to further the charade. It's amazing how fake news can cause peoples' lungs to fill with fluid then turn to leather. After that the people in their gullible mental state simply stop breathing and die. Stupid liberal morons.

Besides, everyone knows that hydroxicloroquine prevents and cures any pissant infection from coronavirus, even if "Dr." Fauci won't admit it. Or, if you can't get hold of any of that simply inject a little Clorox into your arteries and quit worrying about such fables as pandemics.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
lol sofa tu2

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Local coronor wrote a nice letter in the paperto the public about the CV deaths.

Last I recall the count was up to 23 here.
Said: "NONE---ZERO have died of the CV, the one's
that did die had other problems and caught the
CV but, that did not kill them, it weakened
them til the other things did them in"

Not his exact words, pretty darned close to
what he said though.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While I do think the medical profession is at times laughable, especially when they espouse political stances, we must not forget how many of us have benefitted from their advances in medical science. Such things as antibiotics and vaccination come to mind, but not to be forgotten would also be how such diseases and conditions as heart disease and stroke have been put off by medications, diet, and other treatments.
My father died in 1965 at age 66. He was really old, worn out, suffered from emphysema (due to a lifetime of smoking), and was physically a wreck. He had to sit down and rest on the way to the bus stop 200 yards from our house. In contrast, I am now 78, still hunting and climbing hills (no, they are not as steep and high as they were 20 years ago), and enjoying life. I have two new knees, and have had surgery to repair torn rotator cuff damage. Been vaccinated against polio and smallpox, not to mention a host of other deadly diseases.
There is absolutely no question in my mind that we have hugely over reacted to this "pandemic." In the long run, I am unsure as to how many total cases of this virus we have prevented, but only postponed. The only profession that has reacted less logically than has the medical profession would be our politicians. When they see a way to increase their power, they take it. So color me cynical, but also appreciative of the advances of modern science.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
Of course covid-19 is a hoax. The hoaxers have even managed to convince 119,000 Americans to die in three months just to further the charade. It's amazing how fake news can cause peoples' lungs to fill with fluid then turn to leather. After that the people in their gullible mental state simply stop breathing and die. Stupid liberal morons.

Besides, everyone knows that hydroxicloroquine prevents and cures any pissant infection from coronavirus, even if "Dr." Fauci won't admit it. Or, if you can't get hold of any of that simply inject a little Clorox into your arteries and quit worrying about such fables as pandemics.

...…............ jumping tu2
great post! oldMacD37

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't blame us (front line doctors taking care of patients every day to make a living) blame the professional politicians and the doctors who are now administrators (aka politicians).

In the first month I was concerned about the disease. As the data rolled in I became less and less concerned with the disease and more concerned with what the politicians were doing. Fauci, the CDC and the WHO have had horrible messaging the entire time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of course Covid-19 is not a hoax. The hoax was getting healthy people to lockdown/shelter in place, waste months of their lives, ruin small businesses, etc. over something that, once all the numbers are up, will be approximately as deadly as the traditional flu that surfaces every year.

Initial few weeks, the lockdown made sense. Once we had actual numbers (facts), it became quickly apparent that science had absolutely nothing to do with continuing the lockdown.

I know what you mean Saeed. The people who are supposed to be providing us with facts were instead spreading hysteria, primarily for a political agenda and secondarily for TV ratings.

Posts: 434 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to see what last night's 6,200 person experiment in Tulsa results in. Regardless of your political leanings or prejudices, the let-it-all-hang-out event in Tulsa should provide some useful statistical information about covid-19 within the next month or so.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably a lot less than almost 4 weeks of rioting, looting and destroying historical monuments.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
From what we have seen in the UK

1) CoVid does seem to be very infectious. I have one colleague who had Covid like symptoms before the “epidemic” many of her colleagues and clients who she had had meetings with also went down with symptoms.

2) in most cases its a mild disease, but with many its quite a nasty bug that make you pretty ill for 10 days to a couple of weeks and then you have little energy for a a few weeks after.

3) but for those who have underlying disease or old age it can be pretty deadly. But so to is a common cold.

But in the UK more under 45’s have killed on the roads since the start of the epidemic and with the under 65’s with no Clearly underlying health your risk of dying or badly affected by Covid is about the same as cancer, heart disease etc.

Keeping fit and healthy and having good basic hygene seems to be the best measures of preventing catching it. And keep in well ventilated areas. So the underground or a poorly air conditioned office is not ideal.

Being in the bush, malaria, bilharzia etc probably more of a threat. AIDs / HIV is now well understood. 25 years ago you carried your own needles and plasma In case of accident etc. Cos catching AiDs was a death sentence. Its now well understood. Worth still having good medical supplies etc but its not the threat it was.

As for Covid - we just have to learn to live with it and manage it.

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well put, Heym SR20.

From what we have learned so far, covid-19 is much more easily transmitted via air than nearly any other pathogen. This, combined with many, perhaps a majority, of contagious people being non-symptomatic, makes it very difficult to avoid. That's why virologists suggest wearing masks -- not to protect you since they do very little in this regard -- but to protect others from you in case you are an asymptomatic carrier. Wearing a mask is like wearing a rubber when having sex: It does nothing to keep the wearer from getting pregnant but is quite effective in doing the same for the woman on the receiving end.

A mistake which has been made almost everywhere is a failure to reliably test a large sample of the population to determine just how widespread the infection is among asymptomatic persons. It's not hard to figure out how to keep symptomatic people from spreading the virus, but if you don't know that someone is infected it's pretty difficult to isolate them.

However, it is comforting to know that outdoor activities, particularly ones like most types of hunting where it is done alone or with very small groups, are very safe activities. I'm planning an elk hunt this fall. The only real issue to be addressed is to make sure that none of the four guys cooped up together in the cab of a truck for 15 hours of driving are carriers.

But as far as getting on an airplane for 8 hours with a couple of hundred strangers who qualified to be there by virtue of not running a temperature over 99 at the time of boarding, well, count me out.

One of Us
Picture of shoulderman
posted Hide Post
I get everyone's frustration with this damn thing. But do not blame us doctors. We didn't create it and are learning as we go. This is new to us and does not act like anything we have ever faced before. I do think this was weaponized in a lab and not what nature created. My Xray tech has a 21 yo son. Her son played baseball with a guy that just died of this thing. He was 22 and left a pregnant wife. This thing hits home hard when you see these things. We will never get a vaccine. A recent study was published on 100 people who were symptomatic with Covid. Less than 10 percent created antibodies. How the hell will create a vaccine if only 10 percent of those clinically sick from the disease create protective antibodies and other studies show that those antibodies are short lived and decrease after 2 months. I don't blame people wanting to travel and hunt. I would never suggest you don't go realizing the inherit risks of air travel. Please direct your anger and frustration where it belongs and that is with those that created and unleashed this thing on the rest of us.

Kodiak 2022
Namibia 2019
Namibia 2018
South Africa 2017
Alaska Brown Bear 2016
South Africa, 2016
Zimbabwe 2014
South Africa 2013
Australia 2011
Alberta 2009
Namibia 2007
Alberta 2006

Posts: 235 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 17 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shoulderman:
I get everyone's frustration with this damn thing. But do not blame us doctors. We didn't create it and are learning as we go. This is new to us and does not act like anything we have ever faced before. I do think this was weaponized in a lab and not what nature created. My Xray tech has a 21 yo son. Her son played baseball with a guy that just died of this thing. He was 22 and left a pregnant wife. This thing hits home hard when you see these things. We will never get a vaccine. A recent study was published on 100 people who were symptomatic with Covid. Less than 10 percent created antibodies. How the hell will create a vaccine if only 10 percent of those clinically sick from the disease create protective antibodies and other studies show that those antibodies are short lived and decrease after 2 months. I don't blame people wanting to travel and hunt. I would never suggest you don't go realizing the inherit risks of air travel. Please direct your anger and frustration where it belongs and that is with those that created and unleashed this thing on the rest of us.

A very interesting post shoulderman. I do not blame Doctors. I blame the CHINESE!

I am usually very skeptical of conspiracy theories. However, I would not be surprised if this Covid-19 was man made.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:
quote:
Originally posted by shoulderman:

A very interesting post shoulderman. I do not blame Doctors. I blame the CHINESE!

I am usually very skeptical of conspiracy theories. However, I would not be surprised if this Covid-19 was man made.

A friend of mine here loves Chinese Crispy Duck.

He says we should get rid of all the bloody Chinks, except Crispy Duck Cooks! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66928 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
A mistake which has been made almost everywhere is a failure to reliably test a large sample of the population to determine just how widespread the infection is among asymptomatic persons. It's not hard to figure out how to keep symptomatic people from spreading the virus, but if you don't know that someone is infected it's pretty difficult to isolate them.

How would one go about testing everyone? Would you have locked down NYC with the Guard and mandated 100% testing of all within the confines...isolating the ones infected? That is pretty much how veterinarians handle farms. Should people and municipalities be handled similarly?

Without the above (which was used in a few other countries), I have a hard time buying the testing yourself out of the disease argument.

And if you are going to test in the onset in high numbers...where do the “accuracy validated” easy/rapid tests (a necessity for this) come from to a novel antigen???

No disrespect meant...just food for thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36531 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now I finally understand and it all makes perfect sense:

Covid-19 is a hoax made up by the Democrats to try to make everyone stay home and kill the economy, but mostly inconvenience hunters wanting to hunt Africa. Doctors have actively participated in furthering this hoax. Even if infected the virus is no worse than a mild cold or the common seasonal flu and doctors are also making up stories about people dying from it when they actually died from something else, and besides, they were old or defective and were about to die, anyway. None of which negates the fact that covid-19 is an artificially engineered pathogen for germ warfare coming out of a Chinese lab and is engineered to be deadly, untreatable, a vaccine is impossible, and even creating a reliable test for it can't be done.

If only our leaders would read the AR forum this thing would already be over.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carl Frederik Nagell:
quote:

And what would you do in his shoes Paul C?
Not flop in the wind like he has done. Get your shit straight before speaking. It is obvious none of the experts know how to handle this. The morons in this country seem to think blaming Trump is the way to go.

Posts: 205 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

How would one go about testing everyone? Would you have locked down NYC with the Guard and mandated 100% testing of all within the confines...isolating the ones infected? That is pretty much how veterinarians handle farms. Should people and municipalities be handled similarly?

Without the above (which was used in a few other countries), I have a hard time buying the testing yourself out of the disease argument.

And if you are going to test in the onset in high numbers...where do the “accuracy validated” easy/rapid tests (a necessity for this) come from to a novel antigen???

Here in Idaho there are little white tents (empty now) that were to be used as remote testing sites. I figure if you simply staffed the tents on a regular schedule and put a sign that says “Free Covid-19 Testing” (and of course these are run by the local hospitals), over them, people will want to know empirically whether they are + or - and drive through.

Mass testing isn’t about force, like most things, it’s about removing the barrier to entry. Make it so easy to get tested (repeatedly if needed) and people will do it. And it will be cheaper than all that stimulus money.

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

Here in Idaho there are little white tents (empty now) that were to be used as remote testing sites. I figure if you simply staffed the tents on a regular schedule and put a sign that says “Free Covid-19 Testing” (and of course these are run by the local hospitals), over them, people will want to know empirically whether they are + or - and drive through.

Mass testing isn’t about force, like most things, it’s about removing the barrier to entry. Make it so easy to get tested (repeatedly if needed) and people will do it. And it will be cheaper than all that stimulus money.

And more useful.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote