The Accurate Reloading Forums
Parts of Namibia Going Back Into Lockdown Mode

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1411043/m/4711079952

08 June 2020, 20:52
Opus1
Parts of Namibia Going Back Into Lockdown Mode
Walvis Bay has been on lockdown which is no surprise as it is the port city. However, the rest of the country had a brief reopening. Today, President Geingob announced the Erongo region is back on lockdown.

Just when things were looking up...

Frowner

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.
09 June 2020, 09:16
Fjold
I still have trophies stuck there since last May.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

09 June 2020, 11:03
Opus1
That's curious. Air shipments are still getting through. Most everything that leaves Windhoek goes through Johannesburg to New York, Atlanta or Memphis.

I have a shipment of rugs headed to Memphis that should depart Windhoek within the next week or so. If you need any help, PM me.

09 June 2020, 21:13
MacD37
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Walvis Bay has been on lockdown which is no surprise as it is the port city. However, the rest of the country had a brief reopening. Today, President Geingob announced the Erongo region is back on lockdown.

Just when things were looking up...

Frowner

I think the USA is headed that way because of all the idiots filling the streets full of idiots, and looters. The quarter of one million deaths I believe we will see this doubled in very short order.
No one knows exactly how this things works, and so far no one has come up with a cure for it.

I would love to hunt the north part of Namibia, but at my age of 83 a bad cold could end my hunting, so I suppose it is over for me, with this bug in the air on every airplane is existence. CRYBABY

……...…......……........ oldMacD37

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

10 June 2020, 07:53
Fjold
quote:
That's curious. Air shipments are still getting through. Most everything that leaves Windhoek goes through Johannesburg to New York, Atlanta or Memphis.

I have a shipment of rugs headed to Memphis that should depart Windhoek within the next week or so. If you need any help, PM me.

Thanks, I emailed by Taxidermy company and copied my PH to ask about it.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

10 June 2020, 18:55
Capt. Purvis
Getting over there to hunt is going to be the problem unless you have a Gulfstream.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/
10 June 2020, 21:53
Use Enough Gun
quote:
Getting over there to hunt is going to be the problem unless you have a Gulfstream.

Even with a Gulfstream, unless you're allowed to disembark, pass through customs and officially enter the country, you're still screwed. Big Grin
11 June 2020, 19:55
Opus1
Another announcement for Namibia is supposedly schedule for Friday. Most likely more shut downs.

The tourism and hunting operators are taking this hard. Fire sales everywhere.

What a mess...

12 June 2020, 06:44
zebrazapper
quote:
Another announcement for Namibia is supposedly schedule for Friday. Most likely more shut downs.

The tourism and hunting operators are taking this hard. Fire sales everywhere.

What a mess...

In your opinion, how are things looking up in Grootfontein?
12 June 2020, 12:32
Opus1
Grootfontein is not an issue and they are back out of the shutdown. Supposedly, the announcement today will be regarding liquor stores shutting down once again. Because after all, liquor causes CV-19. Roll Eyes

The only places where CV-19 cases were identified was Walvis Bay due to the port (not at all surprising) and Swakop from a South African family that brought it with them. There has been three or so suspected deaths, but they were not confirmed so the "official" count is still zero.

Everything that is happening in Nam has been totally reactionary and not based on clinical cases. But this is Africa, so it all makes perfect sense.

22 June 2020, 20:03
Opus1
**** 22 June Update ****

The President today announced that the Stage One lockdown for the Erongo region will be relaxed to Stage Three which limits crowd size to 50 or less but movement is once again allowed. The exception is Walvis Bay (port city) which will remain on lockdown as the number of cases continues to increase - now standing at 62 confirmed/suspected cases.

The restrictions will continue until 17 September. Still waiting for further clarification, but the 17 September date will be the first likely date for international travel to resume. Assuming NOTHING changes - which is a silly assumption in Africa.

So the saga continues.

Will post more as data comes in...

22 June 2020, 20:06
Saeed
quote:
**** 22 June Update ****

The President today announced that the Stage One lockdown for the Erongo region will be relaxed to Stage Three which limits crowd size to 50 or less but movement is once again allowed. The exception is Walvis Bay (port city) which will remain on lockdown as the number of cases continues to increase - now standing at 62 confirmed/suspected cases.

The restrictions will continue until 17 September. Still waiting for further clarification, but the 17 September date will be the first likely date for international travel to resume. Assuming NOTHING changes - which is a silly assumption in Africa.

So the saga continues.

Will post more as data comes in...

Bloody hell!

Other countries are taking it week by week, not several months??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
22 June 2020, 20:12
Opus1
Doesn't really matter. They are all clawing around in the dark and there is no intelligent coordination.

The only truth is - they have all destroyed their economies over this.

06 July 2020, 16:42
Opus1
Update 6 July - Looks like the Erongo region and possibly more areas will go back into more restrictive lockdown as cases increase. Still no deaths.

The endless tap dance. Roll Eyes

26 July 2020, 06:14
Alfredo C
quote:
Update 6 July - Looks like the Erongo region and possibly more areas will go back into more restrictive lockdown as cases increase. Still no deaths.

The endless tap dance. Roll Eyes

Do you think Namibia will allow us dirty foreigners this year?Wink

Some good deals to be had
26 July 2020, 15:54
Opus1
Not with CV-19 on the rise and it is definitely on the rise.

27 July 2020, 12:56
fairgame
quote:
Not with CV-19 on the rise and it is definitely on the rise.

By all accounts, the virus has taken a grip in Zambia.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal
27 July 2020, 17:20
boarkiller
Hell its all around us
The way it looks everyone of us will hunt as close to home as possible
But this sucks for all the outfitters around the world
Wonder how Canadians will cope with this
We can’t even drive across the border

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”