New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting Ready
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
It is the time of year hen we start getting ready for another adventure.

Ammo getting loaded, and our own recipe tse tse flies repellent

Works like anything else I have seen.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66928 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Have a safe and fun trip. Looking forward to the updates.

Cheers
Jim & Joyce

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
One of the best parts of a trip. And we never get tired of seeing your videos and hearing of the camp antics. Almost like being there. Have another great safari!

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Be safe. tu2

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Thank you all, gentlemen.

We still a while to go, and we hope to give you the usual daily updates as we do every year.

Posts: 66928 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Enjoy Saeed
What kinda bullets are those?

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Enjoy Saeed
What kinda bullets are those?

The best.

Walterhog bullets I make here myself on our CNC lathe.

We have been hunting with them for many years now.

Very accurate, and never fail!

Only Walter complains they do not work! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, Walter designed them and instantly condemned them..... That's some serious promise of success right there.

Though having seen the video of how you tinkered with Walter' ammo I can understand his trepidation.

All the very best for the coming hunt Saeed.

Posts: 210 | Location: Misplaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 21 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bambazonke
posted Hide Post
All the Best Saeed and team
will be waiting for the daily updated
with all that ammo loaded there would be much game left in the selou tu2 beer
Have fun as always

Posts: 104 | Location: Zimbabwe somewhere | Registered: 31 August 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Walter’s only involvement in these bullets was pressing the wrong button, and causing the lathe to almost self destruct!

Cost several thousands Euros to fix! clap

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
So, we see what YOU are doing to prepare, but the question is: WHAT IS WALTER DOING TO PREPARE?! Big Grin rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Probably buying chocolates!

He loves chocolates, and we never see any of it.

A few years ago he had a whole bag of Tobleron, in different flavors.

When we asked him what happened to them at the end of the hunt he said they were all eaten by ants!

His tent mate started laughing, saying “these AFRICAN ants are so clever. They eat 2 inches off each bar of chocolates every day”!

He has promised to take more photos this year.

His backpack has 3 GPS units, 3 sports watches, 2 sports bars, blue tooth speaker, one iphone, one Samsung phone, one Thuraya phone, one battery operated fan, a loud whistle, 2 knives, spare pair of shoes, wet wipes and a torch.

You have to remember that WALTER hardly leaves the truck, so the GPS units, sports watches and sports bands become very useful!

Chris will attest to this.

Makes JAMES Bond bag of tricks seem like nothing!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo jumping rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
He says he had forgotten to take something very important with him last year.

He is trying to remember what it was, so he does not forget it this year too.

Trouble is is cannot remember what it is!

See?

Walter does not need my help to get confused.

He does it so well himself! clap

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I am curious on how many Cartridges you go through on your Safari? Good Luck

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We are 4 hunters, and I normally take 140 rounds for everyone.

We never go through them all - sometimes about half - depending on who is doing the shooting. We have had occasions where some unnamed hunter used 12 rounds to get his buffalo!

We have had occasions where someone managed to wound a warthog with all the ammo in the magazine. He ran out of ammo, and the warthog still have not given up the ghost, and our hunter was holding the rifle by the barrel, and trying to clobber the warthog with the stock - screaming "BULLETS! BULLETS! MORE BULLETS!"

We run a shooting contest at the end of our hunt for about 12 of the camp staff - trackers, game scouts, drivers, Skinners, camp manager etc.

This has become so popular we all look forward to it.

I just want to remind everyone that please do not imagine our safari is like any normal safari.

It is a sort of a comedy show clothed in safari attire, and acted in the Selous!

The animals we manage to shoot are totally surprised at what we do, they just stand there looking in amazement of what the hell are those two legged creatures are doing!

And the humans never disappoint either!

We saw an eland standing under a tree over a mile away. There was an open area between us and him, so we could not hide our approach.

So we walked straight up to him. At what looked like half a mile away, my professional hunter puts the sticks up and says "he is a bit far. You just have to aim high"

When we got to the downed eland, I said "Bloody hell! I could hardly see hims at that distance"

Alan "obviously you did. Otherwise you would not have hit him"

I said "I did not hit where I aimed"

Then Walter comes "did this eland die of natural causes?"

I said "No. And someone is not going to die of natural causes if you do not shut up"

Roy did not want to be part of any of this, he was sitting in the back of the truck having a drink!

This is a normal day in our safari. rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would you mind sharing your formula for the tsetse fly repellent? I see the two ingredients, any particular ratio to the mix?

Posts: 48 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hidalgo:
Would you mind sharing your formula for the tsetse fly repellent? I see the two ingredients, any particular ratio to the mix?

We now use a 50/50 ratio.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, we’ll try it out in the Selous in a couple of weeks.

Posts: 48 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Nothing works 100% for tse tse flies.

But this works as well as any we have tried.

one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
Have a great trip!

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 870 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Good luck and best wishes for another great adventure, Saeed!

We also use Ben's full strength and 30- or 50-rated sun block. We just slather it on our skin in layers. Plus, we spray Permethrin on our clothing and socks.

As you say, nothing works 100%, but that combo has been pretty effective.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shukaree
posted Hide Post
All the best Saeed, have a safe trip ,looking forward to the footage.The drone footage last time was magical.I wonder what an underwater go pro type camera near a croc bait might reveal.Do you think there might be some giants lurking?(seeing what you have first hand)
Again, Bon Chance.

To hunt, fish and tell only the truth.

Posts: 134 | Location: Brisbane Australia | Registered: 25 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Johnny_Revolver
posted Hide Post
Guy I know, Benny.. If we were out the bush and the flies were bad, Ben would always, undo his belt and reposition his trousers so his butt crack was exposed. He said it kept the flies away from his face.

He ALWAYS did it, not just once as a joke.

Old Ben, he was one of those guys who had his ways, you know?

Posts: 131 | Location: South east Queensland Australia | Registered: 28 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like something that Walter should consider! Big Grin It's right down the line with his usual reasoning! rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
We were driving along, and as I had my mouth open talking, a tse tse fly went down my throat!

We stopped the truck, and I got the Tabasco bottle from the lunch box, and took a swig off it!

The trackers and game scout could not stop talking and laughing about it! clap

One of Us
Picture of eriknyman
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to see all the footage and reading the stories!

Posts: 33 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 08 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nd is waltr taking his blaser?? 2020

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
nd is waltr taking his blaser?? 2020

Walter got so fed up with his Blaser, he gave it to me! clap

One of Us
Picture of Johnny_Revolver
posted Hide Post
quote:
Blaser

I don't care how good they are, I just can't like those things.

Posts: 131 | Location: South east Queensland Australia | Registered: 28 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed: And what did you do with it, knowing your outright disgust and hatred of the things! Big Grin rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Saeed: And what did you do with it, knowing your outright disgust and hatred of the things! Big Grin rotflmo

You are going to laugh at this.

I have a whole collection of Blasers - all I got through either being given them or an exchange for a decent rifle.

I just do not like to see my friends suffer, so if one has a Blaser and wants to get rid of it, I am happy to swap it for another, proper rifle!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would be funny to see you take one with as a third rifle (chambered in 404/375) and see what excuse Walter gives you when he can’t find and kill a Walterable beast, and has to admit it’s the dang Blaser’s fault!

Posts: 10596 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It is never the rifle’s fault, or the car or the computer or .... when Walter is concerned!

We know who the common denominator is!

He called from his workshop phone, asking me to call his cell phone, because he lost it and does not remember the number to call it!!

He left here at night, and I locked the door.

A few minutes later, he calls to say he had left his car keys in my house.

I went down and opened the front door.

There was Walter standing there, with his phone in one hand, and his car keys in the other!

I pointed this little fact to him.

All he said was “Oh shit! Alzheimer is coming early! You are going to be next” clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

I have a whole collection of Blasers - all I got through either being given them or an exchange for a decent rifle.

I just do not like to see my friends suffer, so if one has a Blaser and wants to get rid of it, I am happy to swap it for another, proper rifle!

Dubai for me will bearable with Blasers to play with and gt I see at Dubai mall aquarium Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Saeed, I have several Blasers.

I wold not want to take advantage of your good will or good nature, but as much as I love them, I could be persuaded to trade a couple for a new or mint condition Holland & Holland Royal double rifle in a suitable African dangerous game caliber.

Not to be picky, but say, .500/450, .500/465 or .470 Nitro Express? Big Grin

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
quote:
quote:

Saeed, I have several Blasers. I wold not want to take advantage of you good will or good nature, but as much as I love them, I could be persuaded to trade a couple for a new or mint condition Holland & Holland Royal double rifle in a suitable African dangerous game caliber. Not to be picky, but say, .500/450, .500/465 or .470 Nitro Express? Big Grin

Mike,

I do not have a single double rifle!

I never liked them, and really have no wish to have a rifle that I do not shoot.

I have a few cheap Chinese and Russian shotguns I could trade you for, you can always convert them to double rifles! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Saeed. But I have enough commie weapons in my arsenal, which is precisely none! Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is never the rifle’s fault, or the car or the computer or .... when Walter is concerned!

We know who the common denominator is!

He called from his workshop phone, asking me to call his cell phone, because he lost it and does not remember the number to call it!!

He left here at night, and I locked the door.

A few minutes later, he calls to say he had left his car keys in my house.

I went down and opened the front door.

There was Walter standing there, with his phone in one hand, and his car keys in the other!

I pointed this little fact to him.

All he said was “Oh shit! Alzheimer is coming early! You are going to be next”

Saeed: How do you stay sane with Walter around? How can you ever look at him with a straight face without going into laughing convulsions? They say that laughter is the best medicine. Well my friend, you've already had an eternity's worth! Expect to live forever! rotflmo