THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Namibia: Game Ranger Shot As Hunt for Lion Goes Wrong

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia: Game Ranger Shot As Hunt for Lion Goes Wrong
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://allafrica.com/stories/201903240169.html

Namibia: Game Ranger Shot As Hunt for Lion Goes Wrong

By Ruth Kamwi

A ministry of environment game ranger was injured on duty last Friday, after a hunt for a maundering lion in northern Namibia went wrong.

Amalia Sheya (50) was accidentally shot in the right jaw when stray shots were fired, as the lion charged at a vehicle in which she and other officials were riding.

A community herdsman, Festus Fredericks (29), was also struck in the left shoulder by the misdirected shots.

The two are recovering at the Oshakati State Hospital, ministry spokesperson Romeo Muyunda confirmed the incident.

Muyunda yesterday said the ministry is supporting investigations into the accident, and sympathises with the injured persons.

He said those injured were part of a group that was tracking down a problem lion suspected to have earlier attacked and injured a person at Uulunga wa Kolondo cattle post in Ondangwa.

On the day, the lion reportedly attempted to attack the entourage, which included NDF members, police officers and environment officials, who were seated at the back of a ministry vehicle.

Shots were then fired by the hunting party, which resulted in the injuries of the people. Muyunda said the lion was shot.

Police officers in the area declined to comment, while police spokesperson Edwin Kanguajtivi could not be reached for comment.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9348 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Just shows that even maundering lions hate politicians!
My sypathisis to the lion.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2247 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
I notice there was no PH involved, just a bunch of bureaucrats. Would not have happened if a Namibian Dangerous Game PH was in charge.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1381 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
congrats to the lion

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
maundering

me thinks they were looking for the English - marauding--

tricky language, this

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
The officials do tend to want to make a committee out of it.

I had ten people, all told, with me at the start of my problem lion hunt north of Etosha, many years ago.

It was crazy. No way to hunt anything, much less a lion. Made things impossible.

Happily, we managed to thin them out, and had a successful, although grueling, hunt - with the only one getting hurt being the lion.

Best wishes to the injured.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
The definition of cluster

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The definition of cluster

Preceded by "monumental" Big Grin

Posts: 1869 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a “Circle Jerk”

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1381 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote