THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    A Conservationist Cry Video- A must see
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Conservationist Cry Video- A must see
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Powerful stuff, for those that have an open mind to education.

Unfortunately, I don't believe the minds of some anti-hunters can ever be changed. They don't want to save wildlife, they just want to stop hunting. Period.

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it".

That should be some organizations tag line.

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Great video. These types of videos need to continue to be funded by hunters, DSC, SCI, etc.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a great storyboard. Very well done! Need this type of message on main stream media.
lb

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
This one is going up on my FB and website also.

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Brownlee:
Great video. These types of videos need to continue to be funded by hunters, DSC, SCI, etc.

This should be seen by Dob Beyer and all the others who think with their hearts instead of their minds.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just shared it on Facebook. Everyone else should do the same so it will spread as far and wide as possible.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1848 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Very well done

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So..this is excellent and well produced
AND. Has 128 views only!
The Cartoon we all just watched has nearly 1M!!!
How do we get these positive messages to outside audiences like that? No...not us. Not "Internal" audiences of SCI, DSC, NRA....
That Cartoon had 725k External watches.
I'll post to my Facebook etched but how do we get a massive external view..?

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poyntman:
So..this is excellent and well produced
AND. Has 128 views only!
The Cartoon we all just watched has nearly 1M!!!
How do we get these positive messages to outside audiences like that? No...not us. Not "Internal" audiences of SCI, DSC, NRA....
That Cartoon had 725k External watches.
I'll post to my Facebook etched but how do we get a massive external view..?

That is what we need to solve.

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is so obvious and who denies that will only be for financial reasons !
Excellent piece of work.

Posts: 208 | Location: PortugaL | Registered: 10 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very good video. Too bad the non believers will not open their minds to information that's available.

One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
tu2

Posts: 489 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As fantastic as this video is, it has been viewed a grand total of less than 600 times as of this morning.

This is a major problem we need to solve. Personally, I have no idea how to. I wish I did.

One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
IVEN CARTER '' FINGER PRINTS'''

BEST I HAVE SEEN SO FAR

IF YOU KNOW 9 PEOPLE ''GET IT OUT TO THEM''

THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING IT HERE LARRY

IT'S NOT PREACHING TO THE DEACONS

WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO SING TO THE WORLD

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stradling:
IVEN CARTER '' FINGER PRINTS'''

BEST I HAVE SEEN SO FAR

IF YOU KNOW 9 PEOPLE ''GET IT OUT TO THEM''

THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING IT HERE LARRY

IT'S NOT PREACHING TO THE DEACONS

WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO SING TO THE WORLD

I posted this in my FB. I think it got 2 reactions.

One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
Excellent video that no one is watching. Very sad.

Posts: 752 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wesheltonj:
Excellent video that no one is watching. Very sad.
It is 17 minutes long. I wonder what percentage of the views actually watched the video until the end?

People with a keen interest will watch, but I doubt it would hold most millennials attention for very long, which means it will not spread via social media, which means once again the message only exists in an echo chamber of like-minded individuals.

Per a quick google search:
quote:
On an average day when we were drafting this post, we found that in the top ten most popular YouTube videos, the shortest was 42 seconds, and the longest was 9 minutes and 15 seconds. The average video length was 4 minutes and 20 seconds
quote:
* Favor short videos. If you can make it shorter and make all the same points, do so.
* Make sure to start off energized, and get the important stuff in. Your audience will start to disappear over the length of your video.
* Don’t hold your call to action to the end, especially for longer videos.
The problem is IMHO is that most entities publishing "hunting as conservation" content for social media don't understand the SM habits of their intended audience, assuming they know who that audience actually needs to be (hint...it's not "anti-hunters").

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
one of the best videos i have seen
thanks for sharing larry

Posts: 87 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 27 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Excellent video, already posted it on Facebook. Spread it far and wide.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent video.

Posted on FB as well. Probably too long for someone with little interest.

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
I have over 4800 "friends" on Facebook. I posted this video this morning and only 4 "likes" all day. Sad, sad, sad.

Posts: 752 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
People need to understand the 'Hunting Paradox'; that is, only hunters actually care about wildlife. All the so-called wildlife lovers, sitting and blathering away on Facebook, living in some comfortable modern city, really have no clue, about TRUE conservation. Yet they vote against hunting, which paradoxically, works against the wildlife. Sadly, none of those same people will ever see this video. Everybody should read the book 'Mahoboh', by Ron Thomson.

Posts: 828 | Location: Whitecourt, Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the generous comments - and thanks for posting Larry - This short video has been put on a custom thumb drive and will be distributed to all of 2500 delegates attending CITES- who knows maybe it will help something.

you will notice that there are no credits at all in spite of peoples generosity making this possible, this is in an attempt to get wider distribution and sidestep some of the politics that may stop that happening - if anyone would like to add it to their own youtube channel or distribution please email me and i will be happy to send you the file for you to upload -

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Ivan, great stuff, please email me a download link so I can put it on my Youtube channel.

I will also circulate on my social media if that is OK?

Rgds,
K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fallow Buck:
Ivan, great stuff, please email me a download link so I can put it on my Youtube channel.

Rgds,
K

Kiri:

Just copy the link I posted.

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by Fallow Buck:

Rgds,
K

Kiri:

Just copy the link I posted.

Thanks Larry I'll take a look

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Up to just shy of 16,000 views

One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
https://www.facebook.com/ivanc...3919/?type=3&theater

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just over 19,000 views.

One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
tu2

Posts: 489 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse...-article-title-share

One of Us
posted Hide Post
An outstanding production!

Watching that got me thinking. Could the Cecil debacle ultimately have been a good thing? There is no doubt that hunters & outfitters have needed to clean up their act in many areas of Africa.

Maybe Cecil was a tipping point?

An opportunity to clean up and at the same time show the world the good that is achieved by sustainable, ethical and well managed hunting

The anti's will never go away but we have an opportunity to state the facts and swing the tide

Posts: 394 | Location: Africa | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Great video. Truely horrified by the still living rhino at the end with the cleaved face.

Hope it causes people to think.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drongo:
quote:

This should be seen by Dob Beyer and all the others who think with their hearts instead of their minds.

This was a PHASA production and was co-ordinated by one of the PHASA office ladies Marriana especially for the PHASA and HAWASA booth at CITES.
Big thank you to Ivan Carter , DSC , PHASA and others who contributed to this amazing video.

So if any South African outfitters say "What dies PHASA do for me ..... A lot !! That's for bloody sure.

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
A very well presented basket of facts, not the ignorant rhetoric so often coming from folks who have absolutely no idea of what TRUE wildlife conservation is all about!

IMO this film should be shown in every school in the free world!

...................................................................... old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leopards valley safaris:
quote:
Originally posted by drongo:
quote:

This was a PHASA production and was co-ordinated by one of the PHASA office ladies Marriana especially for the PHASA and HAWASA booth at CITES.
Big thank you to Ivan Carter , DSC , PHASA and others who contributed to this amazing video.

So if any South African outfitters say "What dies PHASA do for me ..... A lot !! That's for bloody sure.

Fully agree Dave!! Sorry we could not meet, maybe another time.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan,

Is there any chance this video could be entered/played in any film festivals that are held all over the world? It certainly has the quality in production. Maybe there is some sort of short documentary categories it could be entered in?

Those are the types of people that need to see this......

Posts: 162 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
Shared on Facebook. The anti's won't be open to facts, but I know a lot of non-hunters that get blasted daily by the anti rethoric. They are still open to being educated at this point.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote