New
Find
Notify
Tools

Into The Baobabs
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am putting my Moz.2015 Ele Hunt Video up for a few days.It is long but I hope you don't get bored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...auI&feature=youtu.be

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
Watched the whole thing! Loved it George Well done, and congratulations.

Posts: 501 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Great video. Well done

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2286 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure brings back the memories of the heat, the endless slogging through sand, and most importantly, the moment of truth.

Thanks for sharing.

That is a nice cartridge belt BTW but it looks hot.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
Great hunt. Thanks for sharing. Real adventure for sure. You seem in good shape - must be to keep up with Rich. Smiler

Good hunting
Carl Frederik

Posts: 489 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent video: The most important part IMO is what happened to the elephant after it was killed ! Well done tu2 tu2 tu2

One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
Great video.....thanks.

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Incredibile hunt, George. Congratulations to all.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1318 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done George - I tip my hat to you. tu2

Posts: 1869 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

That was a proper elephant hunt!

Posts: 10478 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Thank you for including the feeding of the hungry George. Well done on the frontal!!

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff George. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great video and super shooting.

Arjun

Posts: 2532 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent hunt and great shooting. Thank you George.

Posts: 113 | Location: Maryland 's Eastern Shore | Registered: 03 February 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting . Good hunting.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
George,

Well done! Great shooting.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George, is that your Searcy? What caliber was it....I forget?

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
George, is that your Searcy? What caliber was it....I forget?

Yes,500NE.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Some very fine shooting George! I enjoyed the film, and you did something that all hunters should and that is showing that the local are benefited by the taking of big game in Africa. There must have been two hundred locals there to take some protein home for their families. This is a part of hunting that the antis don't realize, or they don't want people to know this part of hunting, because they wouldn't get all those donations from folks who don't know of this aspect of hunting!

…………………………….Good show George, and some fine shooting with your Searcy 500-NE double!

………………………..Congratulations George tu2 old Mac

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mac and all.

I edited the footage myself and although far from perfect it was fun doing so and it is as accurate as I remember.Gwenya is in the video too.He is the fellow yelling or calling the villagers from the back of the truck.He was the one killed by poachers last year.I really enjoyed that hunt.Ray was the cameraman.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great film, George! One of the best portrayals of elephant hunting I have seen. Sweat, blisters, miles and miles of walking in the heat. Well done!

Thanks for posting. I hope you leave it up.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
Interesting video. Somewhat disappointing was the occasional casual discarding to the ground of scrap paper such as the wrapper from the band aid.

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting us walk in your foot steps

Posts: 1607 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Very well done,almost felt like the viewer is right there tu2

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stubbleduck47:
Interesting video. Somewhat disappointing was the occasional casual discarding to the ground of scrap paper such as the wrapper from the band aid.

Sorry about that.I usually put wrappers in my pocket afterward.I can't remember if I did there.

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
thank you for sharing George.

i enjoyed your hunt

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1563 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for putting up. I got it up on the big TV and was good footage to watch.

Makes me think about loading my Buff hunt with Buzz up there to share.

Posts: 133 | Location: B.C. Canada  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Great hunt George. Really good video with fantastic perspectives of the thick tangles, sand, heat, stalk and the village people cutting up the meat.

Congratulations.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
the village people cutting up the meat.

It reminded me of a wake of vultures squabbling over a carcass as often seen in Saeed's videos; I am amazed that none get sliced in the process with all those blades being flashed around (well, we aren't so sure of that either).

Posts: 1869 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Great video and hunt George. Super shot as well. If I'm not mistaken that is Ray filming you hunt right? I met him on the Save Conservancy three years ago. He is now one of the cameramen I use for my clients.

Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram: mikezimbab
Facebook: Mike Taylor Sporting

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 679 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miketaylor:
Great video and hunt George. Super shot as well. If I'm not mistaken that is Ray filming you hunt right? I met him on the Save Conservancy three years ago. He is now one of the cameramen I use for my clients.

Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
+44 7930 524 097
Instagram: mikezimbab
Facebook: Mike Taylor Sporting

Yes that is Ray.Ray is the best.