Find
Notify
Tools

Successful Import of Tanzanian Lion
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Safari Specialty Importers
posted
Safari Specialty Importers is excited to announce that we have successfully imported and cleared a Tanzanian lion for one of our clients. This is the first successful lion import since 2019 that we are aware of, and it goes to show that having the right team in place pays off when getting trophies home.
We look forward to aiding any and all hunters with their trophies. Contact us today!

Posts: 192 | Location: New York | Registered: 25 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Great news... I know of one other lion that was recently imported from 2019 for a friend of mine here in south Texas. I think several have made it in from Zambia.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7507 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very Good News

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
Well Done. All eyes are on you!!

Posts: 501 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done!

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

I'm very happy to see this.

Posts: 2575 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
Fellows…I would say keep your eyes on Safari Speciality Importers. This could ultimately be a BIG DEAL for those hoping to someday import Elie tusks. IF they have got the in’s and outs of the USFWS figured. They will have earned my business.

Posts: 501 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcolyer:
Fellows…I would say keep your eyes on Safari Speciality Importers. This could ultimately be a BIG DEAL for those hoping to someday import Elie tusks. IF they have got the in’s and outs of the USFWS figured. They will have earned my business.

Howdy BColyer,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. We do have a very good working relationship with USFW which allows the permits we apply for on behalf of our clients to go through quickly and smoothly. We have developed several forms that gather all the information needed to approve the permits, and because we are handling 10-15 permits at a time, USFW gives us more attention as we are speaking with them weekly for updates.

We are about to put through a large push on the elephant permits we are handling, and will some luck, will finally break the ice on the "under review" status all elephant permits are sitting in.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

Posts: 9945 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
Great. You guys start getting any of those tusk through - you let me know. I will leave IMMEDIATELY! And you will have my business, and a whole lot more besides me!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good news Indeed. What about other countries?

Posts: 2531 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:
Good news Indeed. What about other countries?

We currently have several permits for Zimbabwe Lions pending. This biggest current issue is that USFW officers are split working from their homes and offices. For a the majority of 2020, they were working at half capacity of their reviewing officers. Now that things have normalized a bit, we hope to see the issuing of permits speed up again.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
How about elephant from Zim?

I've got one of the last ones taken in Dec 2013 just before the ban went into effect. By the time the taxidermy work was done, the ban was in place.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll try to call you tomorrow.

Posts: 9945 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd,

That's tough luck. I have one of the last ones out of Tanzania, taken in October of 2013.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
How about elephant from Zim?

I've got one of the last ones taken in Dec 2013 just before the ban went into effect. By the time the taxidermy work was done, the ban was in place.

Todd, give me a call so we can go over the details of your hunt. As the hunt took place before the ban, there is a strong case that your elephant should be allowed in.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
As the hunt took place before the ban, there is a strong case that your elephant should be allowed in.

Certainly a plausible reason.

Posts: 1863 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
As the hunt took place before the ban, there is a strong case that your elephant should be allowed in.

Certainly a plausible reason.

To anybody with some common sense, but this is the U.S. Government they are dealing with. lol

Posts: 746 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote