THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Outpouring of disgust as trophy hunter shoots sleeping lion
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outpouring of disgust as trophy hunter shoots sleeping lion
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raamw:
I was told that this was a canned hunt, captive raised lion was shot up with an animal tranquilizer called Special K, which basically put him in a semi conscious state. He was then planted on a dried out river bed so the lion would be in plain site with nothing to hide in, the hunter then walks around the corner and bingo, pop goes the weasel. What other male lion would be by itself and then sleep in a wide open place with no concealment out in the sun...this is disgusting and should be banned but when the PH lays out 25K on a guarantee hunt what else would you expect.

Who told you and how did you verify that what you were told was true?

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
Mac,

Please re-read the post. Peter is the person claiming he has been asked to support machine gunning elephants.

I went back and corrected my post! old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd, what I'm saying is we all have the ability to besmirch, but we don't have too.

Besmirching solves nothing. As this thread has proven.

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slim buttes:
Todd, what I'm saying is we all have the ability to besmirch, but we don't have too.

Besmirching solves nothing. As this thread has proven.

But then again this is a forum which expresses the views and opinions of many which makes it interesting.

My point is there are some who pick snippets of film and photographs and feel they can seek fame for this brief exposure. We need to fight back and raise our voice yet again.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9867 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Context.

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
In the course of my guiding in Alaska 5 sleeping brown bears have been taken and maybe an equal # of moose. Almost universally they down move an inch and die instantly.

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We are getting into the really silly territories now.

I would rather track an animal and shoot it before he even knows I am there.

Takes all the drama out of it.

I have always found all the silly idiots who say "I want the animal to know who is going to kill it".

And "I give the buffalo a choice of how to die" nothing but utter self glorification stupidity!

The antis, being so ignorant of anything to do with wildlife, make a fuss about this.

The brainless woman who wrote this is , is a perfect example of why journalism is dead!

No facts, but turning everything to feed her own sick agenda!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66934 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Once again, we are arguing amongst ourselves. In the end, keep videos to yourself. Well, maybe not. I love watching Saeed’s videos. I assume they could be chopped up and made to look bad. Can you imagine what they would do with helo hog hunts?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote