New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virunga.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've been a member here for a little while.

Reading, learning and enjoying the interaction, for the most part, between like minded outdoor enthusiasts.

Over the past recent few years quite a few topics raised have had me concerned and confused as I try and process them on a rational level.

Let me explain.

In recent years we have seen countries close down hunting, Airlines refuse to transport sport hunted Trophies, animal species dropped from available quotas, USFWS ban entry of Ele and Lion Trophies, sport hunters have their lives ruined after legally taking game such as lion and Ele (e.g Cecil) and many others, all in the supposed name of Conservation.

Last night, by chance, my wife and I watched a documentary based on Virunga National Park in the Congo where some of the last remaining Mountain Gorillas live. I encourage you all to watch it and form your own views, I may have this totally wrong.

Here at Virunga are a small band of Rangers desperately trying to protect a large expanse of National Park and its inhabitants against the invasion of Oil exploration funded by an overseas company fuelling armed militia to aid there agenda.

People are losing their lives, homes and land and one of the most threatened species on the Planet is in direct threat in line with the proposed development which is tainted with bribery corruption, greed and blatant crime and yet there is not a murmur from any of the conservation groups.

WTF.

Rant over, thank-you for providing a forum for venting.

I encourage and invite any anti-hunters frequenting these forums to please help explain the hypocrisy.

Posts: 531 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would you have a name or link for this documentary ?
Thanks

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Large corporations using criminal methods to make quick profits is so common in history.

They legalise it by calling it lobbying. Or they use external "agents" to keep their hands "clean".

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AB109:
Would you have a name or link for this documentary ?
Thanks

Netflix Original.
Virunga.
Conservation is war.

Posts: 531 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
Large corporations using criminal methods to make quick profits is so common in history.

They legalise it by calling it lobbying. Or they use external "agents" to keep their hands "clean".

Naki...you must be pretty Left politically...
You can't be anti-capitalist in one breath and accuse corporations of commonly using Crimnal methods...then the very next say they "legalize" Criminal behavior by calling it something legal....

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote