Find
Notify
Tools

Is a tuffpak the answer?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
Just got home from 3 weeks in Zim. With all the new airlines fees and regs...finding it difficult to get to Africa with a duffle, 2 rifle Pelican, and my backpack for a 3 week trip and stay under 50 lbs with my duffle while keeping my backpack manageable.

I think the tuffpak might be the solution by allowing the gun case carry a little of the paraphernalia that would usually go into the duffle.

What is the opinion here?

If so...which model and wheeled or non-wheeled?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36546 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
I have the wheeled one with the tuffsadddle. Longest trip we have done was a month including hunting, photo safari and beach resort. Worked great.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lane,

Whatever you buy for a gun case get the wheeled version. You'll love it.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12865 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes and no.
The case itself weighs 18 lbs.
If traveling with one rifle you can put some stuff in and stay under 50 lbs. I have paid overweight charges with two rifles and some extra gear, keeping it under 70.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With a Pelican 1750 or the like, can you not pull out the foam and pack clothes in with the rifle?

I do this. Put my rifle in a soft case, then into the hard case. Pack clothes around it, and the extra set of locks I'll probably need later.

My other checked bag, if even needed, is pretty small.

That said, I have not traveled to Africa using this technique, but it worked fine going to Asia.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got the tall one and the short one. It will hold a lot of stuff and with the economy weight limit, you can exceed the 50 lbs pretty quick. If you fly business, the weight limit goes to 70 lbs and the TuffPak will do that easily. I love mine. I use jackets and such to also help pad the rifles.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolute bitch to unpack & pack for multiple inspections/serial #s check, especially when loaded with more than just soft cased rifles....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Inspections are a pain. Using the tuffsak liner helps a bit. I use the padded gunslips from Redoxx, relying on the case and other contents to protect the rifles. Easier to get the guns out for inspection, light, and adequate for the gun racks on the Cruiser.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I sold my TuffPak within a couple of months. Why?
1. Too heavy.
2. If you want something, it's a 100% unpack to get it.
3. Same as #2 above when you show your rifle to customs or immigration.
4. Over rated and way over priced.

I now use an SKB. It's lighter, has four locks, I can carry replacement locks, opens on a long piano hinge so I can remove what I want when I want without disturbing anything else, and there is plenty of room for clothes, gifts, etc.

Just my opinion. Go easy on me, fellas.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m kind of surprised at all the folks who are getting by with stuff in the gun case.

I’ve had them demand I remove things all the time.

Putting non gun stuff in the gun case seems to set off security and airline personnel for me all the time. I’ve been using the tuffpak for a while, and I’m right at 50# with 2 rifles with scopes (they are big bores) and soft cases plus ammo belt and knife. I can get 3 shotguns in cases in it and under weight also.

3 rifles puts you over 50#.

The thing I like best about it is most folks think it’s golf gear.

Mine has the wheels, and it does make one man hauling of all your stuff possible.

Posts: 10599 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I prefer the tuffpak, used one for many years. after trying all the rest..If you have your guns serial number on the trigger guard or even on a piece of tape they won't pull them out at Customs in Africa or the USA has been my experience..you can pack enough extra stuff so that you only need to take one bag and the tuff case..Learn to pack is the secret..I liked not having to open those huge trunks and expose all the guns, it was often a pain. I never needed to take anything out of my tuffpak until I got to camp as I only packed hunting stuff like boots, binocs, to keep it at 50 lbs, a double rifle and a bolt action med bore, 450-400 and a .375 as a rule.....but to each his own.Ive never had any reason to use any other, I can explain what I didn't like about most of the others, but that would take awhile.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Lane,
I use a Tuffpak 75% of the time now when I travel. Also use the Pelican 1750 on occasion. I find with one or two rifles in the TP I can get plenty of my bulky gear in and free my duffle of jackets and boots that take up space. Also, the Tuffpak doesn't look like a gun case when I am traveling and that's nice. I don't have much of a problem with guns being inspected. I just arrange them where i can grab the gun case and slide it 3/4 of the way out for checking serial numbers then slide right back in. Easy.

Only problem is in small planes when I charter or bush plane in. That tuffpak is bulky and most pilots don't want it in the plane. So you may carry a small army duffle in the bottom of the TP for gear as your guns are already cased.You can pull everything out of the TP and leave it at the air carrier. Sometimes. Other times take a Pelican!

I am taking the Tuffpak to Tanzania in a couple of weeks but when I head to Alaska for brown bear in October I am taking the Pelican. Alaskan bush pilots hate tuffpaks!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is nothing but a plastic shell and costs over $200? I don't get it. I hauled one back for a friend from Africa and it was at total PITA at Customs.

As CR points out, putting anything in your gun case besides guns seems to set off a big inspection. I can't remember the last time I had to open my case except at customs.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
1. Too heavy.

I now use an SKB. It's lighter, has four locks, I can carry replacement locks, opens on a long piano hinge so I can remove what I want when I want without disturbing anything else, and there is plenty of room for clothes, gifts, etc.

Cal

Agree. Sold mine. Takedown rifle is far easier.

Posts: 10150 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
have traveled with just about every makers case
KK air and other aluminums, Americase, SKB, Storm, Pelican ,TuffPak and others
traveling with DR's the TuffPak has been by far the best
Have never been asked to empty the case during gun inspection abroad-- maybe I'm just lucky
It rolls easy, doesn't specifically look like a gun case
Have sold most of the others (should sell some more , still have too many)

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I love my TuffPak and will be flying with it to Alaska tomorrow morning. I have everything in a TuffSak and it makes inspections easy. I have a pistol and a shotgun in it, along with a fly rod, spinning rod and some other fishing items. I know of no law, statute or regulation that states that you cannot put other items in your firearms case, besides firearms. You declare it to contain firearms, they have the right to inspect and open it to check the firearms. Please provide the information that states that you cannot place other items in it. I have been doing it for years and have never had a single problem.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whatever you buy, get wheels on it.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.

Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Posts: 697 | Location: Dublin, Georgia | Registered: 19 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I just about always carry my .500 NE double @ 10# and either my .375 or .458 scoped Win Mod 70 @ 10#. I need to be able to add at least 10-15# to it to make the switch. If not will just stay with my Pelican. Have no issue with the Pelican...just looking for a way to ditch 15# from duffle.

As to the 70# rule...that has always been the case in the past but twice now have not been allowed to leave Zim with an overweight case even willing to pay overweight charges...once from VFA and once from BYO. Just not going again with a bag over 50#.

With the above rifles...if the Tuffpak weighs 18#...sounds like 10-12 lbs extra is all I will gain...correct?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36546 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
I love my TuffPak and will be flying with it to Alaska tomorrow morning. I have everything in a TuffSak and it makes inspections easy. I have a pistol and a shotgun in it, along with a fly rod, spinning rod and some other fishing items. I know of no law, statute or regulation that states that you cannot put other items in your firearms case, besides firearms. You declare it to contain firearms, they have the right to inspect and open it to check the firearms. Please provide the information that states that you cannot place other items in it. I have been doing it for years and have never had a single problem.

Unless they changed their policy, Delta doesn't allow you to fly with three guns in one case.

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just two in my TuffPak. A pistol and a shotgun.Big Grin But the question is whether anything else is prohibited. I have yet to find any written statement, regulation, law or statute prohibiting putting other items in the firearms case, and I have been putting other things in my firearms cases for years and have had absolutely no problem, such as knives, ammo, hunting gear, fishing gear, etc. etc. As long as the guns are in a hardside case, declared at check-in, subject to inspection, and locked up with you having the only key to get into the case, I cannot see any problem in carrying other items in your Tuff Pak, as long as your firearms are subject to inspection if required by TSA, and you have the signed declaration form (declaration of unloaded firearms)in your locked hardside firearms case.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
How much does a wheeled tuffpak weigh? Eighteen pounds as stated above?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is correct. I thought that it was 17 pounds empty, but what the hey.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
So with 20#s of rifles can add 12#s of gear and be at 50#. Was hoping for more...but that is 12#s.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:

Unless they changed their policy, Delta doesn't allow you to fly with three guns in one case.

Never heard of that one.....I've been doing it since 2017_and just flew with three guns in my tuff Pak last month on Delta....was overweight but no other issues...

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Yes, mine weighs 17 pounds. Again, for me it's more about bulky items that take a lot of space in my main bag. Shoes, boots, waders, big jackets... all create more room in my luggage.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I hunt Alaska, I need to bring a good sleeping bag. A Tuffpak is great for packing it around the rifle, and it doesn't use up half the space in my rolling duffel.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Ive only flown my Tuffpak once, to Botswana.

Two rifles and two changes of clothes and a few other items in the Tuffsak. Right at 50#

I had no issues and liked it.

YMMV.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
When I hunt Alaska, I need to bring a good sleeping nag. A Tuffpak is great for packing it around the rifle, and it doesn't use up half the space in my rolling duffel.

Biebs, most guys, whether going to Alaska or Africa, leave the NAG at home. Wink

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two TuffPaks, a tall one and a shorter one. Both have been to Africa, but with some of the newer regulations, the taller one only goes with me on flights to Alaska, and the shorter one goes on international trips. When allowable, my ammo goes in a locked hard-sided Pelican case inside the TuffPak, giving it secondary protection against theft. The recent move toward requiring locks to be placed on all available spots on conventional gun cases makes a TuffPak even more appropriate, since it only has one lock, while conventional cases have 2-4 spots for padlocks. If TSA or anyone else cuts the padlocks, extra ones need to be carried to replace them. I carry a cable with loops on each end, and a spare padlock. If my TuffPak lock is damaged, the cable fits around the handles, the padlock secures the loops together, and electrical tape binds the lock and cable to the handles to prevent snagging on the baggage handling equipment.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just two in my TuffPak. A pistol and a shotgun.Big Grin But the question is whether anything else is prohibited. I have yet to find any written statement, regulation, law or statute prohibiting putting other items in the firearms case, and I have been putting other things in my firearms cases for years and have had absolutely no problem, such as knives, ammo, hunting gear, fishing gear, etc. etc. As long as the guns are in a hardside case, declared at check-in, subject to inspection, and locked up with you having the only key to get into the case, I cannot see any problem in carrying other items in your Tuff Pak, as long as your firearms are subject to inspection if required by TSA, and you have the signed declaration form (declaration of unloaded firearms)in your locked hardside firearms case.

I am not disagreeing with you, but I noticed that when I packed extra stuff in my gun case, it seemed TSA always wanted to open and inspect it. Ship just guns, and I have never had a problem.

I just frankly don't understand why TuffPak charges so much for a plastic shell. You can buy a Pelican for less money and comes with foam to protect your guns.

As for not looking like a gun case, these days in the US firearms are hand carried between flights. On international flights it seems all countries place a "firearms" tag on your gun, so it really isn't a mystery.

As for the three gun rule, Delta informed me when I tried to ship two rifles and a handgun. They let me slide, but they did say they have a limit. Since they let me slide, I didn't protest.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
On my African Trips I take the Tuff-Pack, wheeled version. I, like others use the liner. In past years I like taking two rifles to Africa such as 30-06 and 416 Rem Mag. I put rifles in their soft cases slip them in the liner. I through two changes of hunting clothes, underwear, socks and boots. I check a smaller suitcase with additional clothes, ammo, and misc. Backpack I carry essentials (shave kit with meds) bino, phone, kindle, documents, etc. Never easy but that is the most manageable that I can do

Tim

one of us
posted Hide Post
I do believe that Tim read the instructions on how to use a Tuffpak. I have retired and no longer sell Tuffpak but I still travel in one all the time. Now Cal says it is too heavy. What a joke. It is 18 pounds all up! Tell me what other case you have that will hold 3 scoped rifles in their soft cases or the same for 5 shotguns. I have travel pre Tuffpak in metal cases, Browning/Pelican, Starlight etc. All were heavy as a ton of bricks and none would hold what a Tuffpak will. Now the complaint about no foam. Why do you want something that takes up space in your case?
Put some of your soft gear around your guns and go on! The complaint about the price seems invalid to me a Tuffpak is made in a rotor mould and not some blow mould. The near shape of a bee honeycomb makes Tuffpak stout as aw heck. It already comes with wheels and a good handle and if you use the Tuffsak you can get gear in or out or do show and tell in a hurry without dumping gear on the ground. Tuffpak is still the best multiple long gun case in the world. I can do 21 days with one or two rifles and all the three sets of clothes plus my airplane clothes in one Tuffpak and one rucksack for meds, optics and clean skivvies and a golf shirt.
Throw in a 6 foot long Python locking cable just in case TSA tries to destroy the world again. If there was a better gun case to be had I would already own it.
Better tomorrows!

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:

I am not disagreeing with you, but I noticed that when I packed extra stuff in my gun case, it seemed TSA always wanted to open and inspect it. Ship just guns, and I have never had a problem.

I just frankly don't understand why TuffPak charges so much for a plastic shell. You can buy a Pelican for less money and comes with foam to protect your guns.

As for not looking like a gun case, these days in the US firearms are hand carried between flights. On international flights it seems all countries place a "firearms" tag on your gun, so it really isn't a mystery.

As for the three gun rule, Delta informed me when I tried to ship two rifles and a handgun. They let me slide, but they did say they have a limit. Since they let me slide, I didn't protest.

I've been putting clothes and other things in my gun cases for years. TSA has NEVER said a word about it. They just check the guns, and don't seem to care a bit about the clothes and gear.

I've also had 3 firearms in cases with no problems.

As others have mentioned, I really like the Tuffpak for packing bulky clothing and boots. I've been flying business class lately on my africa trips, so I've been allowed 70 pounds. I think heaviest I've had a Tuffpak is about 60 pounds. It is a bit of a pain in ass, when getting the rifles out for inspection, but honestly that is a very, very small part of the trip.

I also have 2 Pelican 1750's. On family trips, I've been taking a mix of Tuffpaks and Pelicans. When traveling alone, I take the Tuffpak.

I've only been hunting in Africa for about 11 years. Compared to my early hunts, it seems to me that traveling with guns is generally becoming more and more painful regardless of what gun case you are using.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1284 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Here is my rub.

If the tuff pack weighs 18 lbs...my 2 standard carry rifles in soft cases weigh in right at 20 lbs. That is 38 lbs. Only 12 more lbs to 50.

Yes, in days past just pay the overweight fee as long as <70 lbs. But on 2 trips now...SAA agent in Zimbabwe (once BYO and once in VFA) would not let me check through to home overweight. Said they could not connect the overweight fee in Zim and I had to collect in Joberg and re-enter...which we all know can’t be done in Joberg with rifles unless properly prepared for it...which I wasn’t. Thus I emptied and stuffed my backpack to get my duffle light enough to make it under 50...but gun case has to be under 50 as well.

Now...as to my guns safety...perfectly happy with my Pelican. The reason I was considering changing was to be able take weight from my duffle and add it to my rifle case. It looks like it will give me 12 pounds. Was hoping for more though.

If I packed it like Mims does above...the rifle case will be over 50 and same problem all over again.

Am I the only one who has had issues with bags over 50lbs???

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Here is my rub.

If the tuff pack weighs 18 lbs...my 2 standard carry rifles in soft cases weigh in right at 20 lbs. That is 38 lbs. Only 12 more lbs to 50.

Yes, in days past just pay the overweight fee as long as <70 lbs. But on 2 trips now...SAA agent in Zimbabwe (once BYO and once in VFA) would not let me check through to home overweight. Said they could not connect the overweight fee in Zim and I had to collect in Joberg and re-enter...which we all know can’t be done in Joberg with rifles unless properly prepared for it...which I wasn’t. Thus I emptied and stuffed my backpack to get my duffle light enough to make it under 50...but gun case has to be under 50 as well.

Now...as to my guns safety...perfectly happy with my Pelican. The reason I was considering changing was to be able take weight from my duffle and add it to my rifle case. It looks like it will give me 12 pounds. Was hoping for more though.

If I packed it like Mims does above...the rifle case will be over 50 and same problem all over again.

Am I the only one who has had issues with bags over 50lbs???

It’s simple - leave all your clothes, boots, toiletries ect behind in zim.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always use a tuffpak and like Bwanamrm said, "you can put your bulkier clothing items in one and still pull your rifle partially out for inspection and replace it without any trouble". I will be going to Tanzania in August with 3 rifles in my tuffpak and I'll be under 70lbs but like others have stated over 50lbs and it can get tricky.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanajay:
I always use a tuffpak and like Bwanamrm said, "you can put your bulkier clothing items in one and still pull your rifle partially out for inspection and replace it without any trouble". I will be going to Tanzania in August with 3 rifles in my tuffpak and I'll be under 70lbs but like others have stated over 50lbs and it can get tricky.

I have always done the same and have never had an issue. I generally put a couple of clothing items in the bottom and a hoodie and jacket on top of the rifles and have never had a problem.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Kalispell 3 rifle vault that's been 4 times. Love it - usually carry two rifles, so the third slot gets filled with other stuff.

Jeff

Posts: 93 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 07 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
1. Too heavy.

Cal

This, except I prefer Pelican or Americase for my guns

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7143 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just returned from SA this morning. Tuffpak with a double rifle and a scoped rifle packed in the Tuffsack. Just open the end with the cynch chord and pull the cases half way out, show them the rifle and off you go. I was in and out of Atlanta inspections in a jiffy. Much quicker than the fellows using 2-4 locks on their pelicans and Americases. Take the bolt out of your rifles fellas. The first 4 guys that went ahead of me all had the bolts in their rifles and the officer gave them hell.

Posts: 151 | Location: NC | Registered: 11 September 2007Reply With Quote