THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    NRA Near Bankruptcy, Court Told: Will PETA Help Bail It Out?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA Near Bankruptcy, Court Told: Will PETA Help Bail It Out?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.peta.org/media/new...ta-help-bail-it-out/

PETA Dangles $100,000 Donation if Gun Lobby Takes Two Simple Steps: Deny Trophy Hunters' Memberships, Stop Promoting Assault Weapons for Hunting

For Immediate Release:
August 7, 2018

Megan Wiltsie 202-483-7382

Albany, N.Y. – The National Rifle Association (NRA) is suing New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo over purported financial troubles, causing PETA to send a letter today to NRA CEO and longtime animal rights adversary Wayne LaPierre, offering to donate $100,000 to his imperiled organization—if it agrees to take two simple steps that don’t affect its core purpose: Deny memberships to trophy hunters (such as the dental tourist who caused Cecil the lion prolonged suffering before finally killing him), and stop promoting assault weapons, which are used to harm and kill both wildlife and domestic humans.

“To help your floundering organization come closer to most Americans’ values, we will shoot you some hard cash if you reject as members those who engage in the cruel practice of hunting wild animals and stop promoting weapons they use to blow them and their fellow humans away,” says PETA President Ingrid Newkirk. “Killing animals where they live and raise their families to get a head to hang on the wall is cowardly, and future generations will look back at your promotion of this insupportable thrill-seeking with disgust.”

PETA’s motto reads, in part, that “animals are not ours to abuse in any way.” For more information, please visit PETA.org.

PETA’s letter to NRA Executive Vice President and CEO Wayne LaPierre follows.

August 7, 2018

Wayne LaPierre

Executive Vice President and CEO

National Rifle Association

Dear Mr. LaPierre,

I’m writing on behalf of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and our more than 6.5 million members and supporters worldwide, some actually NRA members, in response to reports that your organization is up against the wall, in deep financial trouble. I’d like to shoot an idea by you. To help your floundering organization get out from under the gun and come closer to today’s ideals, we would be willing to help you if you reject as members those who engage in the cruel practice of hunting wild animals—such as Cecil the lion—for pure entertainment. To put this in your crosshairs, PETA aims to give the NRA $100,000 if you make this your immediate target.

As you know, nonsubsistence hunters kill millions of animals every year and have contributed to the extinction of species all over the world, including the Tasmanian tiger, the Zanzibar leopard, and the dodo. It’s also extremely common for animals to be injured by hunters, escaping only to die slowly and painfully from blood loss or starvation. Cecil, for example, was shot with a steel arrow by an American tourist and NRA member, then left to suffer for about 12 hours before he was finally shot yet again by this wretched man.

Killing animals where they live and raise their families for a cheap thrill or a trophy is cowardly, and future generations will look back with disgust on this blood pretend-sport. You can really hit the mark by adopting a new initiative that recognizes what’s out of control here. The head count is in—only 5 percent of the U.S. population now hunts, and the sale of hunting licenses and the number of people hunting today have decreased. That means that there are now more vegans in the U.S. than there are people who hunt, given that at least 6 percent of Americans now eat exclusively plant-based food. Most people enjoy seeing animals without feeling the perverse need to shoot a steel arrow or bullet into them, wounding them grievously or ending their lives. There is no excuse to orphan a baby deer, leave a bear wounded to die slowly over several days, or take the lives of birds by blasting them out of the sky.

To receive our donation, we’d also require that the NRA stop its promotion and end its support of assault weapons, which are used against exotic animals and domestic humans. I hope you’ll bite the bullet and pull the trigger on our offer. Thank you for your consideration. We look forward to hearing from you.

Very truly yours,

Ingrid E. Newkirk

President

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9363 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kathi:
https://www.peta.org/media/new...ta-help-bail-it-out/

PETA Dangles $100,000 Donation if Gun Lobby Takes Two Simple Steps: Deny Trophy Hunters' Memberships, Stop Promoting Assault Weapons for Hunting

For Immediate Release:
August 7, 2018

Megan Wiltsie 202-483-7382

Albany, N.Y. – The National Rifle Association (NRA) is suing New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo over purported financial troubles, causing PETA to send a letter today to NRA CEO and longtime animal rights adversary Wayne LaPierre, offering to donate $100,000 to his imperiled organization—if it agrees to take two simple steps that don’t affect its core purpose: Deny memberships to trophy hunters (such as the dental tourist who caused Cecil the lion prolonged suffering before finally killing him), and stop promoting assault weapons, which are used to harm and kill both wildlife and domestic humans.

“To help your floundering organization come closer to most Americans’ values, we will shoot you some hard cash if you reject as members those who engage in the cruel practice of hunting wild animals and stop promoting weapons they use to blow them and their fellow humans away,” says PETA President Ingrid Newkirk. “Killing animals where they live and raise their families to get a head to hang on the wall is cowardly, and future generations will look back at your promotion of this insupportable thrill-seeking with disgust.”

PETA’s motto reads, in part, that “animals are not ours to abuse in any way.” For more information, please visit PETA.org.

PETA’s letter to NRA Executive Vice President and CEO Wayne LaPierre follows.

August 7, 2018

Wayne LaPierre

Executive Vice President and CEO

National Rifle Association

Dear Mr. LaPierre,

I’m writing on behalf of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and our more than 6.5 million members and supporters worldwide, some actually NRA members, in response to reports that your organization is up against the wall, in deep financial trouble. I’d like to shoot an idea by you. To help your floundering organization get out from under the gun and come closer to today’s ideals, we would be willing to help you if you reject as members those who engage in the cruel practice of hunting wild animals—such as Cecil the lion—for pure entertainment. To put this in your crosshairs, PETA aims to give the NRA $100,000 if you make this your immediate target.

As you know, nonsubsistence hunters kill millions of animals every year and have contributed to the extinction of species all over the world, including the Tasmanian tiger, the Zanzibar leopard, and the dodo. It’s also extremely common for animals to be injured by hunters, escaping only to die slowly and painfully from blood loss or starvation. Cecil, for example, was shot with a steel arrow by an American tourist and NRA member, then left to suffer for about 12 hours before he was finally shot yet again by this wretched man.

Killing animals where they live and raise their families for a cheap thrill or a trophy is cowardly, and future generations will look back with disgust on this blood pretend-sport. You can really hit the mark by adopting a new initiative that recognizes what’s out of control here. The head count is in—only 5 percent of the U.S. population now hunts, and the sale of hunting licenses and the number of people hunting today have decreased. That means that there are now more vegans in the U.S. than there are people who hunt, given that at least 6 percent of Americans now eat exclusively plant-based food. Most people enjoy seeing animals without feeling the perverse need to shoot a steel arrow or bullet into them, wounding them grievously or ending their lives. There is no excuse to orphan a baby deer, leave a bear wounded to die slowly over several days, or take the lives of birds by blasting them out of the sky.

To receive our donation, we’d also require that the NRA stop its promotion and end its support of assault weapons, which are used against exotic animals and domestic humans. I hope you’ll bite the bullet and pull the trigger on our offer. Thank you for your consideration. We look forward to hearing from you.

Very truly yours,

Ingrid E. Newkirk

President

I would love to see the NRA’s answer to this stupid woman!

He should counter by offering the same amount to PETA if they stop lying to the public! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66933 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone is interested, the following is a link to the lawsuit that the NRA filed against these clowns:

https://drive.google.com/file/...Ul3SXFTDoz4J3IA/view

Posts: 11956 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
45 pages that are going to be problematic.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Everyone is a looser, even if they win.

Except the lawyers! clap

Posts: 66933 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One e-mail by the NRA to its' members asking for financial help would raise far more than the $100k that PETA is offering. Capitulating to those idiots would be suicidal for the NRA, as membership would inevitably plummet. This is just political grandstanding by PETA, and everyone on both sides knows it.

One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
I get "triggered" every time some lefty-loon mentions an animal raising their "family".

Words matter. And these idiots live in a Disney cartoon.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hide Post
Everyone is a looser, even if they win.

Except the lawyers! clap

Saeed, you say this like it's a bad thing!
kh

Posts: 247 | Location: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
I have read the lawsuit. The press is misreporting it. The NRA is not on the verge of bankruptcy. They are on the verge of unable to continue in business because of government action to prevent them from basic banking service and insurance coverage. It's just a 1983 claim against the state of New York, etc al. I have not seen the response, but taken on the face of the complaint, I suspect the NRA will win at the appellate level. They may even win at the trial level, considering the statements that their governor has made.

Posts: 752 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
I'm dropping a check in the mail tomorrow to the NRA, just my way of saying FU to PETA.... wont you join me? Smiler

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Since 1983?? Confused

35 years??

Now you know what I mean about the utterly stupid legal system?

Years ago in England they had a system where if the claim exceeds 125 Pound Sterling, the loosing party pays all costs!

Apply that in America and see how that works!

One of our members mentioned above mentioned he is sending a cheque to the NRA to help with this.

Well done.

But let us not forget how many members of PETA are doing exactly the same??

And where does the money go??

Yep!

Lawyers fees!

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

It’s a type of claim dubbed so at that is the code section. It’s a civil claim against deprivation of rights.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I send NRA $50 every month to: NRA-ILA Gun wars.

This is just total bullshit lies.

No such thing as the NRA going under or anywhere else. Last issue they covered this again.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Political grand standing by PeTa and Cuomo. They want attention, and attention brings in more money and votes by the mental midget crowd.

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They probably wouldn't be so close to bankruptcy if LaPierre wasn't making over a million a year.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is his salary as high as Nick Saban's (head football coach at Alabama)?

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muttleysgone:
Is his salary as high as Nick Saban's (head football coach at Alabama)?

How in the world did Nick Saban get brought up here? I will say this, if they were as successful as Saban is they would be MORE than worth it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My point was that while the NRA in engaged in defending our right to own firearms, which is pretty important in the grand scheme of things, Nick Saban has a position coaching a bunch of semi-adults to play a kids' game. Is it more important that Alabama wins football games than it is to keep our right to own firearms? I am voting for Wayne, not Nick, on this one.

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muttleysgone:
My point was that while the NRA in engaged in defending our right to own firearms, which is pretty important in the grand scheme of things, Nick Saban has a position coaching a bunch of semi-adults to play a kids' game. Is it more important that Alabama wins football games than it is to keep our right to own firearms? I am voting for Wayne, not Nick, on this one.

Sorry, what a dumb comparison. Saban's job is to win games and bring in revenue to Bama. Saban generated more than $95 million in revenue during the 2016 season - I don't think Wayne personally brought in that much for the NRA. And to answer your question, Saban gets paid more than Wayne - not that it makes any difference.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think the comparison is dumb at all, but thinking that winning a football game is more important than your right to own firearms? Now that is dumb.