New
Find
Notify
Tools

What would you do?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have three international hunts this year. One has already been cancelled. Another has the entire safari paid in full including a deposit on trophy fees. This is supposed to be in late July. I have a duck hunt in Argentina. While I have not paid for duck hunt, I have paid for 4 business class tickets.

Quite honestly, I do not see any of these hunts happening.

I also have a sheep hunt in Alaska in late August. I have half the money up.

I have a deposit up on another trip in mid to late January. I should be putting up some fairly serious dollars on this trip very soon. I have only put up $10,000 thus far.

I have a staggering amount of money up on these trip. I feel that it is all at risk. I am nervous about putting more money up on the January trip given everything going on.

What would you do?

Posts: 11907 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
If you trust the outfitters to fulfil their obligations the following year (in writing) I would not have an issue for the payments made.

Business plane tickets offer no risk unless the airline goes Chapter 7/11.

I think you should be fine for the January trip, if the world is still shutdown by then I'd save the ammo for the hoi polloi that will be rioting and looting. Wink

To be honest, I would be most concerned with your August trip fees. Most American outfitters put enough exceptions etc. in their contracts to avoid any refunds or rescheduling under any circumstances including "acts of God".

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

I failed to mention one other thing. I already have 3 international trips booked for 2021. Shoving my 2020 trips into 2021 would be 6 trips. I have to work sometime.

Posts: 11907 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same boat Larry, but with less money.

I was supposed to leave Friday for a Leopard hunt, so my day rate is paid and plane tickets too.

I use Debbie Gracy for travel...she canceled them for rescedualing.

My PH couldn't be any more accommodating...we will take it day by day and I will go when I am able to.

Hopefully you can do the same

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Airlines have been fairly reasonable with canceling flights lately. Can the business class tickets be used for a different trip (like the Alaska trip)?

I would probably cancel the duck hunt (never been a big duck fan though) and see if you can push the July safari back or until next year. Alaska in August seems reasonable.

Have you talked to the outfitters about it? Not sure what country in Africa, but if you can’t get to it due to quarantines and travel restrictions, seems unreasonable for the outfitter to expect you to be there.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevens:
Airlines have been fairly reasonable with canceling flights lately. Can the business class tickets be used for a different trip (like the Alaska trip)?

I would probably cancel the duck hunt (never been a big duck fan though) and see if you can push the July safari back or until next year. Alaska in August seems reasonable.

Have you talked to the outfitters about it? Not sure what country in Africa, but if you can’t get to it due to quarantines and travel restrictions, seems unreasonable for the outfitter to expect you to be there.

As I said in a second post, I already have 3 hunts booked for 2021. How am I going to do 6 hunts in a year.

My real question is about putting up more money on the January trip.

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
It does seem like a difficult situation to me.
You could explain the situation to the outfitters for the the three international trips this year and ask if you can tentatively reschedule for 2022.

Having said that, leaving large deposits for trips two years out would make me nervous. Given the travel/economic situation, I imagine a fair number of outfitters may go bankrupt in the next two years.

Regarding the safari that is paid in full, you could ask for a return of most of the money, leaving some smaller amount as a deposit for 2022. I guess the answer to this question will tell you how exposed you are.

And I don't think I would put more money up on the January trip now, given all the uncertainties. If that's not acceptable to the outfitter (because he has other clients that he's turning down?), I'd ask for my deposit back.

Wish I had a better answer.

Posts: 672 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

As I said in a second post, I already have 3 hunts booked for 2021. How am I going to do 6 hunts in a year.

My real question is about putting up more money on the January trip.

For January I would not have any qualms for reasons stated in my post earlier.

I also would tackle the 6 hunt in 2021 issue, maybe slide some to 2022. You could also see if someone else is willing to take the obligation from you. I don't see the July hunt happening unfortunately. The August hunt is still in the USA so most likely it can occur.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1. Can you postpone some hunts into 2022 or beyond?

My son and I were scheduled to leave for Mozambique later this month. In talking to the outfitter he said we could reschedule for later this year or next year. I said I already have a Tanzania hunt scheduled for next year and can't really do two hunts in one year. The outfitter was great and said the deposits can be moved until we can hunt in 2022 or whenever we want. We did our airfare online. Turkish Air cancelled flights to Maputo. I couldn't get anyone on line with the travel company so I called the credit card company. They said my money should be refunded but it may take up to 90 days. You may check on your airfare to Argentina. Are the flights canceled, or has the airlines stopped those flights. If so, you might get with your booking agent or credit card company and get a complete refund.

2. Regarding Alaska, I could be wrong but I think the state has cancelled nonresident spring bear hunts. Perhaps other hunts later in the year may be cancelled as well.

When you look at any trips this year and next, just consider, will anybody really travel until they are vaccinated. The medical community is saying that is 12-18 months. With the entire world working on a vaccine, my guess it comes sooner, but do you want to deal with the headaches of scheduling/rescheduling until you know a vaccine is imminent.

All the best on getting things figured out.

Posts: 800 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kind of depends on what the hunts are and where, too.

I think the Alaska one will happen, if you want it to. Its technically domestic, and frankly, they can't keep the country in lock down that long.

The african one is the one you need to probably push to late this year/next year.

You didn't say when the duck hunt is. Usually, bird hunts are not as much money as the big game shoots, so who knows? That is probably your open question one. If you have the 4 airline tickets, hopefully Gracy can get the money applied to other ones. Of course, if the duck trip is with 4 other folks with money, you might just write yourself out and have them reschedule to when it fits them and reopens. If its family, I would tell them the issue and just cancel it unless the outfitter is really understanding and can work with you.

Depending on what and where the January hunt is, I would probably try and move that one to 2022, the money you have in is just a fraction of it, and it gives the outfitter reason to be working with you. While as a medical type I see most of this being resolved from a medical end (barring changes in the virus) by then, the political side of international travel will likely not be back to normal by then.

You also didn't say how much and where next year's trips are. If 4 is a doable number, I'd move the African one to next year that the money is in on, and see what shakes out. If 3 is it next year, then take the one that looks weakest to your goals and try and push it to '22.

Posts: 10478 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The duck hunt in Argentina in July. We would be home less than a week before we head to Namibia. Of course that assumes everything is back to normal .

In 2021, I have a turkey hunt in Mexico. An elephant hunt in Zimbabwe. The January hunt is a VERY big hunt in a place I do not want to disclose for security reasons.

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AilsaWheels:
... We did our airfare online. Turkish Air cancelled flights to Maputo. I couldn't get anyone on line with the travel company so I called the credit card company. .

My April flight was with Turkish Airlines. Called them directly and got connected within 5 minutes. Two separate flights got fully refunded. I suggest you call them directly (phone number on their web site), now I am Elite Plus with them so due to that my hold time might have been shorter. Regardless, they are doing a full refund.

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have three international hunts this year. One has already been cancelled. Another has the entire safari paid in full including a deposit on trophy fees. This is supposed to be in late July. I have a duck hunt in Argentina. While I have not paid for duck hunt, I have paid for 4 business class tickets.

This will be touch and go, out of state residents are closed for spring hunting.

I have a deposit up on another trip in mid to late January. I should be putting up some fairly serious dollars on this trip very soon. I have only put up $10,000 thus far.
Right now I would say that unless it is in the USA. It will not happen.

I have a staggering amount of money up on these trip. I feel that it is all at risk. I am nervous about putting more money up on the January trip given everything going on.

What would you do?

Larry, Your looking to cut your exposure, I think the that is wise. Argentina is not going to happen, so you make the call on your airline tickets.

Alaska in August, is questionable at this point and I do not have the crystal ball you require for a good answer. contact your outfitter/guide and see what they recommend. they may be booked for 2021 and you would be looking out further.

From what I have read, you will be lucky to have international travel for hunting by mid 2021. Just maybe 2022 will have airline routes in place. The airline industry is changing and they are looking at different scheduling. However from what I have read there will be reduced flight world wide from now on.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1563 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
quote:

This will be touch and go, out of state residents are closed for spring hunting.

Right now I would say that unless it is in the USA. It will not happen.

What would you do?

Larry, Your looking to cut your exposure, I think the that is wise. Argentina is not going to happen, so you make the call on your airline tickets.

Alaska in August, is questionable at this point and I do not have the crystal ball you require for a good answer. contact your outfitter/guide and see what they recommend. they may be booked for 2021 and you would be looking out further.

From what I have read, you will be lucky to have international travel for hunting by mid 2021. Just maybe 2022 will have airline routes in place. The airline industry is changing and they are looking at different scheduling. However from what I have read there will be reduced flight world wide from now on.

That is exactly what I am afraid of.

The money for the hunts is, as a practical matter , totally gone. I am also concerned with all of my 2021 hunts. Why put more money into it with all of the uncertainty?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's not much you can do Larry...everyone is in the same boat worldwide!

Simply do your best to work with the outfitters, hopefully they can reschedule at a time that's convenient for you both. Hopefully they have availability, and hopefully they've not incurred too many expenses and / or future bookings to this point, making carry over impossible.

For example...my two best brown bear outfitters on the Peninsula are 100% booked until 2024! All spring bear hunts in AK for non-residents cancelled a few days ago - as most everyone knows. They have ZERO room to move 2020 hunters to 2021 - 2023...none! Unless AK makes the exception to allow a spring season in 2021 on the Pen...everyone is out a TON of money, time, and of course the hunt they have been waiting for.

Its a real sh*t show all around...nobody is getting out of this unscathed, nobody!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a major problem. I don’t know how some will survive.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a safari booked in Africa For November.

I don’t believe that it’s likeley to happen.

2020 is pretty much going to be a wipeout if your travelling international.

I’m also not committing to anything for 2021 until we get a clearer picture

of what’s happening with air travel and restrictions to Africa over the next 3-6

months.

I may well miss next years DG season as well because of all the 2020 bookings being carried over.

There is limited quotas so doubt there will be any for late bookings.....

Sad indeed as I’ve got a new Westley Richards 577 being finished mid year and was itching to

Take it for an ele and buff christening!

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Larry, First world problems and not easy at all.
Don't envy you with so many hunts booked and cash paid. We have 3 that we are pushing out.

There are now over 1 million infected / cases. In January it was 1.000. Based on maths we are looking at a billion end June / early July. I pray that I am wrong.

International and domestic travel hunts are on the very back burner for the time to come for me.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2253 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't book the January hunt yet but I would hope for the best and try to schedule the booked hunts as we know more in the upcoming weeks and months.

As I said before I am out of my April Zim hunt hoping for the best that I will be able to go in Sept

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

What would you do?

Airlines seem to have relaxed their rules.

So you can rebook your flights for up to 12 months.

Dealing with outfitters, talk to who you are booked with and try to reach an amicable solution.

I am in a different situation.

I have a hunt booked in what you might call years ahead.

We go every year, with the same outfitter, no written agreement.

I have not paid a penny in advance, but, if my hunt is affected, I will gladly pay whatever expenses my outfitter incurs and asks for.

Frankly, this has thrown everything into focus.

Agreement or no agreement.

Deal with it in a gentlemanly manner, and be realistic.

No one should take advantage of the other side.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If hunting is not possible, every outfitter should be willing to reschedule the hunt or if that is impossible to refund the money.

That said, I still see no reason to assume the whole of 2020 will be lost.
If there is really no international travel etc etc in 2020, then the world is in serious trouble as our economies will suffer incredibly. Much more scary to me then any virus.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2064 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

What would you do?

Be careful about paying more into the Jan trip.

It will be winter in that country. Flying into that country will also require a stop over in a another country and a flight into a massive city population wise.

I would not trust the data from that country.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:

The money for the hunts is, as a practical matter , totally gone. I am also concerned with all of my 2021 hunts. Why put more money into it with all of the uncertainty?

Why do you think the money for the hunts is gone? The outfitters are not willing to reschedule or refund the funds?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personally, my friend. I'd wait until this Covid-19 goes away and then hunt til your heart's content. Your lovely bride would miss you..................

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1094 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Larry. These are hard times, and I do feel for you, my friend.

I have been where you are and have paid the price. I once had $15K down, and when I should have known better, I ignored my better judgement and doubled it.

And my deal was crystal clear: Non-Refundable.

A couple of months later, I had to walk away.

It wasn’t so much the money that bothered me, as it was my lapse of judgement.

Hunting can be emotional. For a true hunter, the desire to do it courses through his veins. But despite what your heart may say, it’s never smart to throw good money after what’s already gone bad.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the US, massive increase in testing or development of some great therapies that reduce the hospitalization rate and mortality rate could help us get some freedom and more back at work.

For international travel, unless you have survived covid and are confident in your immunity (and can somehow prove that), I don't see us getting back to normal with safaris until a vaccine is out.

I would work to reschedule, cancel, anything prior to summer of 2021.

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tough times for sure, Larry.

Those quoting 2021 as potentially still being influenced by COVID internationally, is there a source I'm missing? To be honest, all of my research as been domestic (practically eating, sleeping, and breathing it to keep our practice operational right now).

Posts: 1417 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Outfitters are in the same situation as restaurants and hotels. There will be many business that will not be able to survive. I have prepared to loose my Africa hunts for 2020 and all of the big money Marlin tournaments that I fish have been cancelled. Alaska will loose most of its fishing season. Southern Hemisphere outfitters will suffer the most. I refunded all of my deposits but many people in this business have already spent their clients deposits.
Do you homework on any deposits for future hunts and make sure they will still be around.

This quarter is going to be brutal. In Feb I was very close to putting a deposit down for a Botswana Elephant. I am monitoring the market and going to invest that money as stocks continue to fall.

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Clark: Sorry to hear about your Offshore Fishing trips being cancelled. I know you’re one of the “Good Guys” and it doesn’t surprise me that you would refund your deposits. When this CV stuff passes, I’ll try to make it back to hunt deer with you again.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1381 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Myself and three others have a bird hunt in Argentina in SEPTEMBER. We've paid the down payment and have the airfare booked and paid. Here is the problem, there is a final payment coming due in July. I am doubtful this hunt will happen and the company will probably demand payment or we will lose our deposit. Even if we delay to later, there will be a re-booking fee

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5499 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry-
Some random thoughts on your August hunt in Alaska. The spring bear season cancelled for non residents. "Subsistence"(for another discussion at another time) goes on unabated.The driving issue were Native Elders pleading the Governor to not bring outside traffic into the villages. At the very same time, Dunleavy, the Gov, decreed that commercial fishing is an essential business and will go forward. Imagine the close quarter living and working conditions that the folks who are processing(largely Asian or Hispanic nationals) endure. My point here is that these decisions are political or at least heavily influenced by politics.
With the cruise ship industry in the tank, general tourism in the tank, oil in the tank and the demand for fish from the Pacific Rim down, Alaska is in a tough spot. Very soon it will become politically correct for the Gov to open things up, thinking mid to late May.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is a major problem. I don’t know how some will survive.

Unfortunately Larry, as we discussed last night I think some will NOT survive!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:
Outfitters are in the same situation as restaurants and hotels. There will be many business that will not be able to survive. I have prepared to loose my Africa hunts for 2020 and all of the big money Marlin tournaments that I fish have been cancelled. Alaska will loose most of its fishing season. Southern Hemisphere outfitters will suffer the most. I refunded all of my deposits but many people in this business have already spent their clients deposits.
Do you homework on any deposits for future hunts and make sure they will still be around.

This quarter is going to be brutal. In Feb I was very close to putting a deposit down for a Botswana Elephant. I am monitoring the market and going to invest that money as stocks continue to fall.

The African tourism and hunting industries are being decimated at the moment. Most were already struggling from lower activity due to drought and reduced quota. The lockdown has pretty much finished many off. Particularly hard hit are the guys who were gearing up to Botswana. A lot of deposit money was spent to open camps; deposit money that no longer exists.

And let's not forget the local communities and employees that depend on hunting and tourism revenues for survival.

Tough times for many...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
MAN! am I glad I didn't book anything for this year or the next! dancing
I guess this ends it for me with international hunts. Today is my birthday, and I'm beginning my 84th year of life, so I suppose the rest of my hunting will be sitting in a blind waiting for a deer or wild boar to do the walking and show up for the SAFARI! CRYBABY
...……………………………...……...… old MacD37

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Feel your pain Larry. Luckily we were able to do Uganda in February of this year before the pandemic got bad but flying back in early March had us holding our collective breath... so many rumors out there about not letting us back in the U.S. In the end, all was fine. I hate rumors and rumor mongering!

I had a spring bear hunt in Alaska starting May 15, since the spring season is cancelled, that one is being rescheduled for next May. Still have to work with the airlines on two business class tickets. Also pushing a Botswana trip that I was taking my son on in late June back to 2021. The good news is both these trips were booked with WTA and airfare through TWG and they have been great in working with us to sort this out.

2021 will be hectic with a lot of hunting and juggling of schedules for both us and the outfitters. But beats losing deposits I guess. Best of luck sorting this out. With the market decline and everything pushed back I am not sending in any more deposits for a while. My hope is we have a vaccine and anti-virals in 12 months or so... fingers crossed.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7509 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Feel your pain Larry. Luckily we were able to do Uganda in February of this year before the pandemic got bad but flying back in early March had us holding our collective breath... so many rumors out there about not letting us back in the U.S. In the end, all was fine. I hate rumors and rumor mongering!

I had a spring bear hunt in Alaska starting May 15, since the spring season is cancelled, that one is being rescheduled for next May. Still have to work with the airlines on two business class tickets. Also pushing a Botswana trip that I was taking my son on in late June back to 2021. The good news is both these trips were booked with WTA and airfare through TWG and they have been great in working with us to sort this out.

2021 will be hectic with a lot of hunting and juggling of schedules for both us and the outfitters. But beats losing deposits I guess. Best of luck sorting this out. With the market decline and everything pushed back I am not sending in any more deposits for a while. My hope is we have a vaccine and anti-virals in 12 months or so... fingers crossed.

Thanks Russell.

After this, I have concluded that I am way too fast in sending the money. Historically, I sent the money in less than a week after the invoice arrived. That has cost me dearly .

Good luck brother .

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have spoken to several booking agents and friends of mine that are outfitters outside of North America this past week.

It isn't worth booking anything new until the figure out what they are going to do with all the people that have to cancel this year (and probably next year).

One of them told me he sends 600 people to Africa a year, that is 600 people that he has to push to next year and many are already booked for 2021.

He said it was kind of pointless to plan on 2021 until late in 2020 so as to see if all this is still going on.

One of the biggest problems shared by all is that they are selling hunts that will not exist in 2020, and will probably not exist in 2021. But they are all still selling hunts as though they are there.

One of the agents told me that he had several outfitters in Asia and South America that did not want to provide refunds for 2020.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry what type of feedback are you receiving from the operators? I am assuming deposit refund was addressed in your hunting agreements(?)

My only suggestion is be the squeaky wheel as most likely the deposits are already spent.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Larry what type of feedback are you receiving from the operators? I am assuming deposit refund was addressed in your hunting agreements(?)

My only suggestion is be the squeaky wheel as most likely the deposits are already spent.

I hate to say it but the most immediate issues are those with no contract. I have known the guy for 35 years.

They called and said the season was cancelled and they had already paid the landowner. They are moving me to next year.

The duck hunt is irrelevant as they never billed me. However , I do have 4 business class tickets.

The trip to Namibia was an auction hunt at DSC. I have not looked at the documents I received.

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:

It isn't worth booking anything new until the figure out what they are going to do with all the people that have to cancel this year (and probably next year).

One of them told me he sends 600 people to Africa a year, that is 600 people that he has to push to next year and many are already booked for 2021.

He said it was kind of pointless to plan on 2021 until late in 2020 so as to see if all this is still going on.

The other thing is hunts that are booked for 2020 in Tanzania. Tanzania was going to redo ALL of their leases this fall. So, areas hunts planned for this year with a particular outfitter might not be available in 2021.