New
Find
Notify
Tools

Malapati tusker / Nixon
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some of you really need to read Sun Tzu.

African trophy hunters are overwhelmingly outnumbered. Probably not the best time for a frontal assault.

coffee

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Why would I feel the need to do that, counselor? I am not the subject of this discussion although you seem intent on making me this for some odd reason.

The subject at hand is do we A) Cower in the shadows or B) At least be open (if not "in your face") about what we do to those who are either non-hunters or anti-hunters.

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Probably not the best time for a frontal assault.

Except we are being very obviously and regularly attacked. At what point is a response warranted in your mind or do we just take it and slowly watch everything slip away? Further, while I agree that there are more non-hunters than hunters. I am not at all sure that there are more anti-hunters than a combined number of hunters and people who can be convinced that hunting is either game population neutral or game population beneficial and therefore morally justifiable.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tendrams:
Why would I feel the need to do that, counselor? I am not the subject of this discussion although you seem intent on making me this for some odd reason.

The subject at hand is do we A) Cower in the shadows or B) At least be open (if not "in your face") about what we do to those who are either non-hunters or anti-hunters.

rotflmo

Mike

Posts: 21188 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GOB:
Again MIke you are a star, GOB is my initials, Glenn Oliver Baker. I am not ashamed and need to hide behind some fake BS.

GOB,will we see any pics from Makuti?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I wonder what percentage of the "non-hunters" would swing towards the hunting group?

It is not a question of "cowering in the shadows" but rather adopting a more sensible (diplomatic) approach in conveying the message; an attitude of arrogance will be met with equal reciprocity.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
How about sharing your name so we can all check out your Facebook page?

Well, Tendrams is on my friends list on FaceBook. It's easy enough to find me on that forum. Just search my friends list for the guy with the Cheetah as his profile pic, then see for yourself that what he claims here regarding what he posts publicly is indeed accurate.

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:

It is not a question of "cowering in the shadows" but rather adopting a more sensible (diplomatic) approach in conveying the message; an attitude of arrogance will be met with equal reciprocity.

I think a spectrum of strategies is beneficial. The world definitely needs more Corey Knowlton's though....guys willing to go balls out and be "in your face"...if only to make the rest of us look moderate. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I think a spectrum of strategies is beneficial. The world definitely needs more Corey Knowlton's though....guys willing to go balls out and be "in your face"...if only to make the rest of us look moderate. Smiler

Can you mention the names of the "low rent" booking agents who took your pictures from AR and used them in their ads without your permission?

That will be very helpful for me. One of AR main purposes for me is to know all the frauds lurking in the hunting business and AR does a good job of exposing them.

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

Can you mention the names of the "low rent" booking agents who took your pictures from AR and used them in their ads without your permission?

They have not posted here forever so I would not be concerned. They are not and were not big players either. I have other reasons for not making their name public, but those will stay with me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

They have not posted here forever so I would not be concerned. They are not and were not big players either. I have other reasons for not making their name public, but those will stay with me.

Thanks for the PM.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
originally posted by MJines
. . let's see, I will "publicly" share information with my 600 Facebook friends.....

quote:
originally posted by MJines
How about sharing your name so we can all check out your Facebook page?

or, more appropriately...

your my hero Mikey, welcome back to 6th grade... 2020

One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new...-property-mogul.html

He does not seem to want to be the public face of elephant hunting and I don't blame him.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
505 gibbs aka Trax-Brother-By-Another-Mother,

Go back to something you are good at, shilling or using racial invective and vulgarity to discuss issues . . . reading comprehension is obviously not one of your strong suits. Come to think of it, do you have a strong suit? I do happen to agree with your characterization of Facebook, must be that old blind hog adage at work.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
505 gibbs aka Trax-Brother-By-Another-Mother,

Go back to something you are good at, shilling or using racial invective and vulgarity to discuss issues . . . reading comprehension is obviously not one of your strong suits. Come to think of it, do you have a strong suit? I do happen to agree with your characterization of Facebook, must be that old blind hog adage at work.

Mr. Jines is MY friend...

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike, I guess you took me off of "ignore" to see what I wrote? Good doggy...... archer

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I was hoping against hope you would have something germane to say . . . disappointed yet again.

faint

But back to the point. Social media will play a significant role in the debate over hunting going forward that is simply the world in which we live today. I do not think that the role of social media on hunting issues will be to desensitized people that are ambivalent on hunting with a bunch of trophy pictures, videos and narratives about hunting exploits . . . I think that has precisely the opposite reaction. I think using social media to educate hunters and non-hunters alike on the conservation benefits of hunting, the challenges facing wildlife, the role hunting plays in conservation, the plight of poaching, the impact hunting has on local communities, etc. is important and is something hunting organizations have neglected. As Sun Tzu would say, try to overcome the enemy by wisdom, not by force alone.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

He does not seem to want to be the public face of elephant hunting and I don't blame him.

Mike

Mike - I just don't understand what a lot of you guys are so scared of? What are they going to do, take away your birthday? If one can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! If one doesn't have the fortitude to stand for your convictions, then don't participate in the volatile activities in the first place!

So some people now won't like you, who cares?? I've had a million emails, text messages, FB messages all threatening my life, my job, contacting my sponsors (as of late) with outrageous lies, and the list goes on. Who cares?? They never amount to anything other than hot air. Stand up, be proud of who you are / what you do - and tell those who are factually incorrect as it pertains to hunting - to piss off.

Hiding in the corner, being politically correct and/or pandering to idiots will only garner idiot results! Want proof, how's it been working for us so far???

I don't mean that we be rude, offensive, use vulgarities, threaten them and so. They do so - because that's the only argument they have. But when do the masses of hunters decide to fight back - once the war's over its a bit late then my friend.

Trump to date has been so successful in the GOP running, and why? Because millions of people are tired of politicians apologizing, pandering, hiding, and being politically correct. They are tired of it, and many thousands of hunters are tired of seeing either their fellow hunters / or hunting leaders doing the same! Its just a comparison, please don't get off topic!

Anti hunters, and the anti hunting movement (pushed via social media, and complete false propaganda) has totally taken on a bully mentality in the past few years. Truly out of control, and completely void of any respect for others. And guys, there's only ever been one way to deal with a bully - you gotta stand up and smack em in the mouth! That's the only thing they know / respect, period! Any of you guys remember Chris Kyle's SEAL team fellow member a few years back giving the interview the CNN reporter? His quote to her "Ma'am, despite what your mommy might have told you - sometimes violence does solve problems!" I don't mean we use violence per say, my point is - his point was that sometimes you have to take the fight to the aggressor if you ultimately want to win.

IMHO, we hunters are at a real crossroads - and our very privilege to hunt the world (Africa in particular) is teetering on the edge. We can either gather our arms and start to push back, even taking the offensive - knowing we have CONSERVATION BENEFITS on our side. Or, we can take the politically correct route - counter punch at best (which is always a loosing proposition) and sit back while we are systematically broken apart piece by piece. You think I'm wrong, or over-reacting, really??? Lets see, Bots completely CLOSED, Zambia back/forth cluster F**K every few years (And I love Zambia - my favorite country to hunt) Zim ivory importation ban into USA (NO GOOD REASON FOR THIS) Lion hunting all but gone or turned into a total goat rope in many places, and the list goes on and on.

Yep, no doubt some will disagree - I get that. But, we've been playing it the other way so far - and we have a whole lot of evidence to support that is NOT WORKING!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Great post Aaron.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So Aaron, an honest question or two - what in your mind is going to change how the rest of the world thinks about and responds to trophy hunting? Do you ever see a day where it is gong to be embraced and accepted as it was say during the 1900 - 1970 time frame? Do you ever see an end to the rabid anti-hunting, animal rights campaign and the rabid freaks that promote such nonsense?

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Social media will play a significant role in the debate over hunting going forward that is simply the world in which we live today. I do not think that the role of social media on hunting issues will be to desensitized people that are ambivalent on hunting with a bunch of trophy pictures, videos and narratives about hunting exploits . . . I think that has precisely the opposite reaction. I think using social media to educate hunters and non-hunters alike on the conservation benefits of hunting, the challenges facing wildlife, the role hunting plays in conservation, the plight of poaching, the impact hunting has on local communities, etc. is important and is something hunting organizations have neglected. As Sun Tzu would say, try to overcome the enemy by wisdom, not by force alone.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

That will be very helpful for me. One of AR main purposes for me is to know all the frauds lurking in the hunting business and AR does a good job of exposing them.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike:

It can and does happen . I have personally seen it . I have even seen one where the face was photoshopped by a European booking agent .

Posts: 11943 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Social media will play a significant role in the debate over hunting going forward that is simply the world in which we live today. I do not think that the role of social media on hunting issues will be to desensitized people that are ambivalent on hunting with a bunch of trophy pictures, videos and narratives about hunting exploits . . . I think that has precisely the opposite reaction. I think using social media to educate hunters and non-hunters alike on the conservation benefits of hunting, the challenges facing wildlife, the role hunting plays in conservation, the plight of poaching, the impact hunting has on local communities, etc. is important and is something hunting organizations have neglected. As Sun Tzu would say, try to overcome the enemy by wisdom, not by force alone.

That works great right up and until the liberal shrills running the social media sites close your account.

I am not saying you cannot change minds, but the direct approach has not been working. I certainly don't know what the answer is to change the path we are on. We are but a handful of people fighting the masses. That's not an easy fight...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Putting a trophy pic on FB or other social media and expecting the non hunting public to love it or learn from it or even defend hunting defies logic.

Would posting a pic or a video of two gay guys having sex make you appreciate homosexuality more, have more empathy for them, or grossly offend you?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, change that to two girls and let's say I am more open minded and willing to give it a try...

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you were an ordinary fellow who just likes to hunt, maybe africa, I would think you would find it normal to want some privacy when it came to what you do and who you share your pictures with.On the other hand if you were attached to the industry somehow, you might want the opposite like trying to get everyone over to africa and calling them chicken or whatever when they are skeptical about being so outright.I suspect many on here have some financial interest in the hunting industry,post as ordinary hunters and they are the ones who are not outright about it.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Larry:

It can and does happen . I have personally seen it . I have even seen one where the face was photoshopped by a European booking agent .[/QUOTE]

jumping Remember that one

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:

Mike - I just don't understand what a lot of you guys are so scared of? What are they going to do, take away your birthday? If one can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! If one doesn't have the fortitude to stand for your convictions, then don't participate in the volatile activities in the first place...

Anti hunters, and the anti hunting movement (pushed via social media, and complete false propaganda) has totally taken on a bully mentality in the past few years. Truly out of control, and completely void of any respect for others. And guys, there's only ever been one way to deal with a bully - you gotta stand up and smack em in the mouth! That's the only thing they know / respect, period...

IMHO, we hunters are at a real crossroads - and our very privilege to hunt the world (Africa in particular) is teetering on the edge. We can either gather our arms and start to push back, even taking the offensive - knowing we have CONSERVATION BENEFITS on our side. Or, we can take the politically correct route - counter punch at best (which is always a loosing proposition) and sit back while we are systematically broken apart piece by piece. You think I'm wrong, or over-reacting, really??? Lets see, Bots completely CLOSED, Zambia back/forth cluster F**K every few years (And I love Zambia - my favorite country to hunt) Zim ivory importation ban into USA (NO GOOD REASON FOR THIS) Lion hunting all but gone or turned into a total goat rope in many places, and the list goes on and on.

100% CORRECT! Keep playing the game the way we are playing it and we will lose everything. Punch the bully in the nose a few times and we win everything. Frankly, Knowlton's Rhino hunt is a very good opening combination that may have started this boxing match! Now we need to follow it up! Frankly, Nixon and this German hunter coming forward and proclaiming, "Yes, I shot this animal and did so for the following reasons thus accomplishing these results" would have been really great.

JMHO

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Mike - I just don't understand what a lot of you guys are so scared of? Whatw are they going to do, take away your birthday? If one can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! If one doesn't have the fortitude to stand for your convictions, then don't participate in the volatile activities in the first place...

Anti hunters, and the anti hunting movement (pushed via social media, and complete false propaganda) has totally taken on a bully mentality in the past few years. Truly out of control, and completely void of any respect for others. And guys, there's only ever been one way to deal with a bully - you gotta stand up and smack em in the mouth! That's the only thing they know / respect, period...

100% CORRECT! Keep playing the game the way we are playing it and we will lose everything. Punch the bully in the nose a few times and we win everything. Frankly, Knowlton's Rhino hunt is a very good opening combination that may have started this boxing match! Now we need to follow it up! Frankly, Nixon and this German hunter coming forward and proclaiming, "Yes, I shot this animal and did so for the following reasons thus accomplishing these results" would have been really great.

JMHO

Professor,

You are correct in a sense. But Mr. Jines is most correct. Flooding the internet of FB with dead animal pictures is polarizing. Just look at what is happening in my home state over the friggin bears. People are in a blind dither. Unfortunately the large anthropomorphized megafauna is gets all of the attention.

That being said we need to own social media. A steady diet of the positive attributes of ethical hunting needs to be fed to the public at all times. We also need rapid response when something blows up.

I disagree about Nixon's elephant being a boon for positive hunting PR. Since you are purveyor of grades I give it a D.

Knowleton's rhino through a ton of effort on his own receives a B for hunting PR. There is a podcast on NPR that is quite good about this.

Palmer gets an F. Hunters and those that refused to represent them lost ground we will NEVER get back. This got out of hand so fast with no cohesive response it boggles the mind.

I personally have never spent so much time trying to explain and educate in my life about hunting.
Maybe it is my fault for not doing more of it all along. Fortunately Mr. Jines and Mr. Shores and me will be at the NRA Hunters Leadership Forum in 2 weeks trying to be a part of larger more encompassing solution than those currently provided by the current ego-centric, convention driven, head in the sand non-leadership we have now.

Best

Jeff

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

Thanks for the promotion to Professor. Smiler I am technically a tenured Associate Prof. going up for full professorship in a couple years. Smiler Well, like I said, I think we need a spectrum of strategies. One end needs to be extreme in the way I have discussed if only to make the rest of us look reasonable. I would also give Nixon a D....but it COULD have been a B or better if they had been positive about it and not wishy-washy. As for Palmer....agreed an F mostly because of the sketchy quota sharing that seemed to go on. Again, it could have been at least a C without that and B with no quota-sharing AND some up front blunt talk from the PH and client. If we run for cover, we look weak and we make the antis look MORE than strong...we make them look RIGHT!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Mike

Mike - I just don't understand what a lot of you guys are so scared of? What are they going to do, take away your birthday? If one can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! If one doesn't have the fortitude to stand for your convictions, then don't participate in the volatile activities in the first place!

So some people now won't like you, who cares?? I've had a million emails, text messages, FB messages all threatening my life, my job, contacting my sponsors (as of late) with outrageous lies, and the list goes on. Who cares?? They never amount to anything other than hot air. Stand up, be proud of who you are / what you do - and tell those who are factually incorrect as it pertains to hunting - to piss off.

Hiding in the corner, being politically correct and/or pandering to idiots will only garner idiot results! Want proof, how's it been working for us so far???

I don't mean that we be rude, offensive, use vulgarities, threaten them and so. They do so - because that's the only argument they have. But when do the masses of hunters decide to fight back - once the war's over its a bit late then my friend.

Trump to date has been so successful in the GOP running, and why? Because millions of people are tired of politicians apologizing, pandering, hiding, and being politically correct. They are tired of it, and many thousands of hunters are tired of seeing either their fellow hunters / or hunting leaders doing the same! Its just a comparison, please don't get off topic!

Anti hunters, and the anti hunting movement (pushed via social media, and complete false propaganda) has totally taken on a bully mentality in the past few years. Truly out of control, and completely void of any respect for others. And guys, there's only ever been one way to deal with a bully - you gotta stand up and smack em in the mouth! That's the only thing they know / respect, period! Any of you guys remember Chris Kyle's SEAL team fellow member a few years back giving the interview the CNN reporter? His quote to her "Ma'am, despite what your mommy might have told you - sometimes violence does solve problems!" I don't mean we use violence per say, my point is - his point was that sometimes you have to take the fight to the aggressor if you ultimately want to win.

Yep, no doubt some will disagree - I get that. But, we've been playing it the other way so far - and we have a whole lot of evidence to support that is NOT WORKING!!!

Aaron

Its easy for you cause you earn your living in the hunting business and you have a public profile as a hunting personality. The hate mails ect are a cost of doing business. You really don't have it relatively that bad from the animal right activist - if you are in a CEO of a medical company that uses animals in tests ect it is much much worse. Some with police and private protection. What I am saying is it could and most likely will get much worse.

There is a cost to being very public about hunting. The activity of hunting some "public animals" - right now lions, elephants, maybe bears in florida - is you become a public figure. Your hunt pictures with a dead lion or dead elephant will show up everytime you are searched on a search engine. Does a person going on hobby/vacation want to have that be his first public association. For you Aaron public figure, occupation, earnings are all one and the same. For other 99% its not.

If you are a dentist or doctor or some other professional occupation based on referrals (something these days that is very social media driven) do you want you first professional search to show a picture of you and a dead elephant. I post hunt pictures on AR and a lot of people on AR over time know me. But it is unlikely I would use my full name and post hunt pictures. I would do one or the other. Just cause I don't want some guy to google me and show up with picture of me and dead animals. AR is not searchable on google - that is great. I just don't want my image out there readily searched. My picture is on save safaris web site and on American hunting rifle but its there in a bunch of pictures. Its not like I am some recluse but at same time I have little desire to be a public figure cause someone found a picture of me and a dead lion. I don't want that to be my public identity - I don't want to have much of a public identity.

Some hunting activity - lions and elephants - is a social taboo. Like it or not that is reality. Posting 1000 pictures is not going to change that - it will only make it worse. I have been out with enough Zim PHs some of whom are regulars on AR socially in Dallas during DSC. We were at Cowboys Red River not exactly liberal hippie crowd and I was the designated driver (cheap bastards did not want to pay for cabs). They were very clear they did not want me to mention what they did for a living - they were all white Africans in the photo safari business.

Save does elephant culls - its very scientific with Oxford researchers ect. You think they will ever let any pictures get out of it?

If we want to fight to keep elephant and lion hunting legal - lets keep a low profile and get some serious conservation and wildlife management policy backing us.

For all the talk of wild conservation this hunt is probably at the bottom of list. It also shows how totally inept Zim parks is.

You have a hunt at national park being managed by Frankfort Zoological cause they have the ability to put money in cause Zim Parks is broke. The only reason Zim Parks has a survey of elephants is cause Frankfort zoo did it. Zim Park has not surveyed elephants and has no real scientific count of them - one of the main reasons for USFW ban on trophy imports.

Frankfort zoo is not too happy of elephants being shot at Park border - why they want to build a electric fence to keep animals in.

I doubt Frankfort zoo and Parks and Nixon all sat together and determined what quota to shoot. I don't think Frankfort zoo has much of a policy of park border hunting as being a offtake for some animals given they want to build a fence to keep it all in.

We can say it was all legal and all the paperwork was there but this is not really a model of sustainable hunting and harvesting rules.

Nothing at malapati falls into a model for hunting as wildlife conservation that one can rationally and logically argue with anyone - only fall back it was legal and all paperwork was there.

Good luck using this hunt to try and win the debate on how hunting is good for Africa's elephants.

Elephant picture should never have been put on facebook. It did not do much good for anyone involved.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't understand why someone would want to spend so much time on a African hunting forum and be against shooting ele's.lions,baboons and honey badgers,what else and not want to share his trophy pics or videos...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
I don't understand why someone would want to spend so much time on a African hunting forum and be against shooting ele's.lions,baboons and honey badgers,what else and not want to share his trophy pics or videos...

Cause I have addiction for shooting eland.

I am only against shooting honey badgers Smiler

I have enough hunting reports out there go do a search.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Mike

I can't remember you shooting anything.

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
The more I think about this situation, the more I think Tusker-gate would really blow over if some guy would just go out and whack a gorilla. Big Grin

dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Struggling with the King's English again are you?

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

I can't remember you shooting anything.

So the rational determination of facts and events is shootaway's memory.

Now I get it.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The more I think about this situation, the more I think Tusker-gate would really blow over if some guy would just go out and whack a gorilla. Big Grin

dancing

Make it even more politically incorrect if someone would post a 1910s Nambia/Southwest Africa hunting license.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

dancing

I recognized the fellow with the rifle on his shoulder.That's Todd Williams or no that is the brave but moronic "surestrike" or no wait that is Bwana Bunduki and Larry Shores.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

dancing

I recognized the fellow with the rifle on his shoulder.That's Todd Williams or no that is the brave but moronic "surestrike" or no wait that is Bwana Bunduki and Larry Shores.

Yep, and the monkey's name is George, just like all monkey's are named George!

jumping