Amsterdam
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted
What do I need for firearm transfer through Amsterdam
Where and how?
Thank you for any info

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Book your travel through a reputable agent and they'll handle it for you. You need a permit. Simple form, but maddening to wait for.

Posts: 9954 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I’m leaving in 3 weeks so it’s too late
It will he rental gun again
Bureaucracy at its best , where is it gonna end?

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
I would contact KLM right now. The first time i went thru there i filled out the papers months before the trip. They issued the permit on week before i left. I was sweating that out. Was told they always wait till one week before the trip.

My recent trip i booked thru Travel With guns. they took care of everything and i got the permit 2 weeks before the trip

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I contacted Kathi on here and she is working on it
It was just vacation to see family and it is turning into a hunting trip as well...go figure
Thanks guys

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We went through there in '16. They had some strange rules. Had to have a copy of my permit on the outside of my rifle case and one inside and one on me, if I recall.
I used Travel With Guns and they handled it all. No trouble on the ground there. Nice folks.
kh

Posts: 247 | Location: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If I recall, more travelers have had their guns go missing - some permanently - flying through Amsterdam than anywhere else.

This is from messages from those who have been affected.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66768 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went through Schipol last year on the way to Romania.

The form is easy to fill in - it was returned in 48 hours by Dutch Customs and I had no problems at all.

Why would you pay money to an agent to do this?

Posts: 191 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Book Gracy travel with Shawn and don't worry about it.....

Jeff

Posts: 93 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 07 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Gracy told me if I didn’t buy airline ticket
Through them, they won’t help me...anyway I decided this time to just rent gun there even in Czech Republic, renting gun is simply against the law, but who is gonna check when you are in the woods.
Europe is so screwed up when it comes to guns, it simply is beyond comprehension....and totally stupid.
And these transit permits are just all about control and money, nothing more, nothing less

“ Hávamál”

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Through them, they won’t help me...anyway I decided this time to just rent gun there even in Czech Republic, renting gun is simply against the law, but who is gonna check when you are in the woods.
Europe is so screwed up when it comes to guns, it simply is beyond comprehension....and totally stupid.
And these transit permits are just all about control and money, nothing more, nothing less

Gracy is right.

Why should they help you when you are buying your tickets from somewhere else.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66768 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Gracy is right.

Why should they help you when you are buying your tickets from somewhere else.

Saeed, I bought that on my own through Delta just to visit family, then later on the hunt opportunity came up
Iam always willing to pay, that’s not the issue
Fact is, honestly I’ll never deal with them for that simple fact reason ever.
Kathi from Wild Travel was willing to help me without any questions, unfortunately we ran out of time to be on time.
Nothing I’ll loose sleep over
My only grip in this whole debacle is all those stupid laws and permits we hunters constantly have jump through...for no reason except greedy bureaucracy of all these countries we travel through.
Anyway...

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kuwinda:

The form is easy to fill in - it was returned in 48 hours by Dutch Customs and I had no problems at all.

You
Gotta realize you are EU
For US, bit more complicated ( 6-8 weeks)

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of BobT
posted Hide Post
I flew through Schipol last year going and coming from Tanzania, I don't remember the time frame but I got my transit permit rather quickly, you have to have a permit each way if you are also coming back through Amsterdam. The permit was pretty straight forward and it was free. The only place I had any trouble was in Atlanta on the way home, I ran into a smart ass TSA agent that didn't know her job.

Bob

It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Posts: 48 | Location: Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 16 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kuwinda:

You
Gotta realize you are EU
For US, bit more complicated ( 6-8 weeks)

It's exactly the same for everyone - and there is no charge.

Posts: 191 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Funny how you hear all different answers
Netherlands say 6-8 weeks so I don’t wanna chance it as I’m leaving in three weeks through Paris and coming back through Amsterdam on January 2nd

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
NO PROBLEM GOING OR COMING HOME ON 11/1-11/11

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote