THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    UPDATE: Vaccinated Foreigners allowed in to USA: How many to shows now?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE: Vaccinated Foreigners allowed in to USA: How many to shows now?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was planning on going to Vegas for SCIs 50th anniversary show but with travelling in the age of Covid, the loss of revenue from the mostly missed past two hunting seasons, the roll over of many hunts booked in the past and the general high cost for Outfitters to attend the big shows.......how many Outfitters are going to make it this year?

Will the shows be back to normal or is it going to be quiet with fewer booths?

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1848 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
As of right now unless they have a US Rep none will be there from South Africa. There is still a travel ban in place.

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 870 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No! I think the outfitters and safari operators are chomping at the bit to come. The problem is will the US government let them in?????????

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might or might not be an indicator of things to come, but the NRA has cancelled their annual meetings in Houston.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I’ll drive to Vegas Hell or High water
I need my fix

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl beat me to it with his post.

The NRA just cancelled its convention in Houston--- less than two weeks out.

Southern Nevada is spiking. Various restrictions are being reinstated by both the state government and the hotels themselves. And there seems to be no relief in sight with respect to international travel.

Not looking good for any kind of meaningful SCI convention as we've come to know.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . the pity is that we all know the quickest way to bring the pandemic to a close and truly get life back to normal and had more of us done so we likely would not be going through what we are currently and the conventions would look like more realistic prospects.

Mike

Posts: 21200 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
It ain't just hunting stuff.. for the radiologists in the room, RSNA has been changed to virtual again this year...

it's going to be a quiet winter...

One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
At this time the AACC Annual Scientific Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo is still being held in Atlanta in September. It would be odd if hunting conventions cancelled, but medical conventions didn't.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GunsCore:
I was planning on going to Vegas for SCIs 50th anniversary show but with travelling in the age of Covid, the loss of revenue from the mostly missed past two hunting seasons, the roll over of many hunts booked in the past and the general high cost for Outfitters to attend the big shows.......how many Outfitters are going to make it this year?

Will the shows be back to normal or is it going to be quiet with fewer booths?

Vegas is under an indoor mask mandate that doesn't look likely to lift soon.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9549 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Got enough hunting to keep me busy next year and cannot justify the uncertainty.

If I did venture to the States I would take a fly rod and visit some good friends.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9865 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Got enough hunting to keep me busy next year and cannot justify the uncertainty.

If I did venture to the States I would take a fly rod and visit some good friends.

We've not met yet, but if you pass through Idaho consider yourself invited - any time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

Sounds like a good plan. I have a pond in my backyard overpopulated with Koi so come on by.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1848 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if the southern border had remained closed, how many southwestern States would be spiking right now? So many allowed to enter the US without proper screening are carrying not only Covid but most have never been vaccinated for any disease. We are living in dangerous times. LDK

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was in Zimbabwe, many of the hunters said they would like to come for the shows, but it is very uncertain with regards to the US embassy granting visas.

So, from that end, who knows.

Posts: 10596 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Why cancel the NRA convention in Houston? Our Texas governor will keep Texas open for business.

Posts: 18 | Location: Taylor, Texas | Registered: 20 August 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkrolan:
Why cancel the NRA convention in Houston? Our Texas governor will keep Texas open for business.

To start with that county has a horrendous COVID outbreak . Many exhibitors pulled out .

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Yup. Houston is bad now. Not as horrific as last year, but very bad again..... Pretty bad in the valley as well. One South Texas Hospital census was 30% COVID last week and jumped to 37% last 2 days.

I'm going to get a (Pfizer) booster tomorrow just for fun.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt.Purvis
posted Hide Post
We just canceled our National Ducks Unlimited convention this past Friday. We were three weeks away.

Posts: 513 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 09 November 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sat in a meeting today in Mandalay . Someone from the hotel spoke briefly on precautions that the hotel is taking . I am more confident on SCI today than I was yesterday . On the other hand , exhibitors from certain countries basically can’t come .

Given the covid issues in Texas, I am more concerned about DSC.

I hope both happen.

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
On the other hand , exhibitors from certain countries basically can’t come .

Given the covid issues in Texas, I am more concerned about DSC.

I hope both happen.

I hope both happen, too, and am really concerned about DSC and the Covid problem in Texas, currently still on the rise and lots of younger people being infected, flu season will start in a month or so and I’d bet my last dollar that many cases of flu are called Covid.
My wife and I book hotel rooms for several of our outfitter friends…just easier for them that way. The real test of who’s coming and who’s not will likely be mid December when a non-refundable payment must be made on those hotel rooms, that’s assuming travelers from those countries will be allowed to enter the US.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If my understanding is correct , those from Australia & New Zealand cannot travel here at all. That is a lot of outfitters.

I believe there are restrictions on South Africas such as mandatory quarantine. How will that impact the decision to attend or not?

Unless something changes, I expect both shows, if they happen, will be smaller than normal.

Hopefully, this get better in the next 4 months .

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
If my understanding is correct , those from Australia & New Zealand cannot travel here at all. That is a lot of outfitters.

I believe there are restrictions on South Africas such as mandatory quarantine. How will that impact the decision to attend or not?

Unless something changes, I expect both shows, if they happen, will be smaller than normal.

Hopefully, this get better in the next 4 months .

The few PH's from South Africa that I am in contact with would like to travel to the USA, the quarantine is an issue. I offered to house them for the quarantine period. They have stayed with us in the past (plus friends of theirs) and if that will help them out, we will do out part to help them make the shows. Plus, I am about 1/2 way between Dallas and Las Vegas and it make a good stopping point for them.

Right now, they are not planning on making a commitment to travel and do the shows. They indicated that they do not want to become stranded in the USA if our president decided to make some radial changes with travel.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1571 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
Might or might not be an indicator of things to come, but the NRA has cancelled their annual meetings in Houston.

I think that has more to do with LaPierre and the fear of what might occur than Covid.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
I may miss the fun of the conventions, but do plan to shoot some stuff here in Texas because our freezer meat supply is too low.
I do not need to leave the state for that. Cow elk, Nilgai, hogs galore, exotics galore too. I rarely bother to shoot whitetails anymore.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
With the ubiquity of this virus and it’s various strains…unless your country has not offered vaccination to everyone…I am not sure these travel restrictions make sense any longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36531 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got back from three weeks in Tanzania and while the new President is advocating vaccinations, no one in my camp had had one. I think that's all in the cities and they are just getting started, months behind everyone else. Further, I was reminded that any kind of social distancing is impossible in a hunting situation anywhere and with Africans in particular. That's why I love hunting in Africa, but hope the conventions do happen. I know the African outfits want to come.

Posts: 10000 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Im going to Vegas

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Watching Monday Night Football and that stadium looks to be at capacity with few, if any masks, on the spectators.

I know that has zero impact on foreign travel, but it doesn’t seem to be as draconian a shut down as before.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots of people in Vegas these days. The county (I think ) has imposed a mask requirement. A small price to pay in my book.

I am more concerned about Dallas. The numbers are high and apparently a judge can issue orders regarding lockdowns, masking, etc.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lots of people in Vegas these days. The county (I think ) has imposed a mask requirement. A small price to pay in my book.

I am more concerned about Dallas. The numbers are high and apparently a judge can issue orders regarding lockdowns, masking, etc.

Larry,

It is a sh@tshow here. Lawsuits are flying all over between the State, counties, cities, and school districts.

The abortion law recently passed has added to the craziness.

I do wish we could all get along.

I’m a Texan and, well…

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

This event had a mask mandate, 11 people who visited got Covid and died so far. And in the posted screenshots you can read that at least one husband of a person attended also contracted Covid and died.

one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.usnews.com/news/bu...s-requiring-vaccines

US Easing Virus Restrictions for Foreign Flights to America

The White House says President Joe Biden will ease foreign travel restrictions into the U.S. beginning in November.

By Associated Press
|
Sept. 20, 2021, at 1:59 p.m.

By ZEKE MILLER, Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. said Monday it will ease airline restrictions this fall on travel to the country for people who have vaccination proof and a negative COVID-19 test, replacing a hodgepodge of rules that had kept out many non-citizens and irritated allies in Europe and beyond where virus cases are far lower.

The changes, to take effect in November, will allow families and others who have been separated by the travel restrictions for 18 months to plan for long-awaited reunifications and allow foreigners with work permits to get back to their jobs in the U.S.

Airlines, business groups and travelers cheered.

“It’s a happy day. Big Apple, here I come!” said French entrepreneur Stephane Le Breton, 45, finally able to book a trip to New York City that had been put on hold over the virus restrictions.

The new policy will replace a patchwork of travel bans first instituted by President Donald Trump last year and tightened by President Joe Biden that restrict travel by non-citizens who have in the prior 14 days been in the United Kingdom, European Union, China, India, Iran, Republic of Ireland, Brazil or South Africa.

White House COVID-19 coordinator Jeff Zients announced the new policies, which still will require all foreign travelers flying to the U.S. to demonstrate proof of vaccination before boarding, as well as proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within three days of flight. Biden will also tighten testing rules for unvaccinated American citizens, who will need to be tested within a day before returning to the U.S., as well as after they arrive home.

Fully vaccinated passengers will not be required to quarantine, Zients said.

There will be no immediate change to U.S. land border policies, which restrict much cross-border travel with Mexico and Canada.

The travel bans had become the source of growing geopolitical frustration, particularly among allies in the UK and EU. The easing comes ahead of Biden meeting with some European leaders on the margins of the United Nations General Assembly this week.

“This is based on individuals rather than a country-based approach, so it’s a stronger system," Zients said.

The EU and UK had previously moved to allow vaccinated U.S. travelers in without quarantines, in an effort to boost business and tourism. But the EU recommended last month that some travel restrictions be reimposed on U.S. travelers to the bloc because of the rampant spread of the delta variant of the coronavirus in America.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will require airlines to collect contact information from international travelers to facilitate tracing, Zients said.

It was not immediately clear which vaccines would be acceptable under the U.S. system and whether those unapproved in the U.S. could be used. Zients said that decision would be up to the CDC.

Monday's announcement was met with applause by the air travel industry, which has lost significant revenue from declines in international travel.

Delta Air Lines spokesman Morgan Durrant said, "Science tells us that vaccinations coupled with testing is the safest way to re-open travel, and we are optimistic this important decision will allow for the continued economic recovery both in the U.S. and abroad and the reunification of families who have been separated for more than 18 months.”

Worldwide, air travel is still down more than half from pre-pandemic levels, and the decline is much sharper for cross-border flying. By July, domestic travel had recovered to 84% of 2019 numbers, but international travel was just 26% of the same month two years ago, according to figures this month from the airline industry’s main global trade group, the International Air Transport Association.

The numbers are similar but not quite as stark for the U.S., where international travel in August was 46% of that in August 2019, according to Airlines for America. Arrivals by non-U.S. citizens were only 36% of the 2019 level.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson tweeted that he was “delighted” by the news. He said: “It’s a fantastic boost for business and trade, and great that family and friends on both sides of the pond can be reunited once again.”

Airlines hailed the U.S. decision as a lifeline for the struggling industry. Tim Alderslade, chief executive of industry body Airlines U.K. said it was “a major breakthrough.”

Shai Weiss, chief executive of Virgin Atlantic, said it was “a major milestone. ... The U.K. will now be able to strengthen ties with our most important economic partner, the U.S., boosting trade and tourism as well as reuniting friends, families and business colleagues."

The changes also drew praise from business groups, who have been contending with labor shortages as the economy bounces back with unexpected strength from last year’s coronavirus recession. U.S. employers have been posting job openings — a record 10.9 million in July — faster than applicants can fill them.

Myron Brilliant, head of international affairs for the U..S. Chamber of Commerce, said in a statement, “Allowing vaccinated foreign nationals to travel freely to the United States will help foster a robust and durable recovery for the American economy.”

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9363 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps that will help.

I hear bad news about other big events in TX. I am concerned about DSC. I hope things work out .

I feel better about SCI. I can’t see them shutting down Vegas again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Regarding Larry’s post…one of my close friends works at the State Fair of Texas each year, he told me last night that attendance is way off, “dead” is how he worded it. Also, anecdotal I know, but every year during “fair time” traffic is backed up in both directions on I-45 near the exit to Fair Park, same on I-30. Not so this year. I’m a bit concerned about the convention in Dallas, as it stands now the only vaccines accepted for entry into the US are those accepted by the CDC. From what I can find, the Chinese vaccine isn’t on that list and it seems that list of Africa has received this Chinese vaccine. I hope this is addressed if/when Mr. Biden makes his announcement regarding entry into the US in November.

Karl Evans

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
Regarding Larry’s post…one of my close friends works at the State Fair of Texas each year, he told me last night that attendance is way off, “dead” is how he worded it. Also, anecdotal I know, but every year during “fair time” traffic is backed up in both directions on I-45 near the exit to Fair Park, same on I-30. Not so this year. I’m a bit concerned about the convention in Dallas, as it stands now the only vaccines accepted for entry into the US are those accepted by the CDC. From what I can find, the Chinese vaccine isn’t on that list and it seems that list of Africa has received this Chinese vaccine. I hope this is addressed if/when Mr. Biden makes his announcement regarding entry into the US in November.

Until recently, the Russian Sputnik-9 vaccine was the vaccine used throughout most of South America (or at least Argentina). I know, rather odd to name a vaccine after your first space rockets.

Argentina did receive some Astra Zeneca from us. Nick got the J&J while here in June.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
I put out a letter/note to parties that I have hunted with in the past. Namibia, South Africa & Zimbabwe asking them if they were coming for either the SCI or DSC conventions. With that combo of conventions, We put out an invite for them to stop and stay as I am mid way between Las Vegas and Dallas and they have stayed with me while going from one location to the other in the past. Heck, one year they brought along some PH's from Zambia and Mozambique. We had quite a visit.

Currently they are not making any plans to travel to the USA, however that may change depending on what new restrictions will be forth coming. What ever the new travel restriction may be, they better be quick for our African friends to schedule travel.

So they are in a holding pattern to see what happens.

I usually offer to help them at their booths and was asking if my assistance would be needed this year.

Checking the DSC hotel reservations out, all motels had rooms available for the entire convention dates with the exceptions of the Omni. Usually some of these motes are booked up and days at the motels are blocked out.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1571 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Time will tell as the saying goes.

I think the hotel booking might be an indicator of things to come . On the other hand, people may simply be waiting to see what happens.

I hope both occur . We really missed both this year .

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I understand that Infinito Safaris is planning to come to the shows(Charl). tu2 I will be attending SCI, as I live here in Las Vegas. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm driving to Vegas for the convention and have already registered for the show and booked my room. If the convention hall ends up rather barren then at least I am in Vegas and can still get in lots of trouble.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!