THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Former SCI President Charged With Murdering Wife On Zambian Safari in 2016
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Former SCI President Charged With Murdering Wife On Zambian Safari in 2016
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This one is a strange one and the source hates hunters, but...

quote:
A Pennsylvania dentist and big-game hunting enthusiast allegedly murdered his wife while on an African hunting trip for a multi-million-dollar insurance payout, according to a recently-unsealed filing by federal prosecutors.

Dr. Lawrence P. Rudolph, a 67-year-old who founded the Three Rivers Dental Group, has been arrested and charged with murder and fraud, according to an affidavit in support of a criminal complaint obtained by The Daily Beast. Rudolph was remanded without bond on Jan. 4 and was indicted the next day, filings show.

quote:
In order to execute the elaborate scheme over 7,000 miles from his Greensburg home, the affidavit filed in the United States District Court District of Colorado alleges, Rudolph murdered his wife, Bianca, “with premeditation, while the two were on a hunting trip in Zambia on October 11, 2016.” He proceeded to cremate her body three days after the incident—and eventually collected approximately $5 million in life insurance, according to the feds.

The affidavit states that the scheme developed after Rudolph had several affairs—but had expressed that he was never going to divorce his wife because he didn’t want to lose money. Court documents also obtained by The Daily Beast suggest that the couple’s big-game hunting guide—who is not named in the affidavit—assisted Rudolph throughout the process before eventually receiving a combined total of $53,000 from the dentist in 2017.

“In addition to the evidence of motive—the insurance proceeds and the possible desire to live openly with [a] girlfriend—additional evidence gathered during the investigation supports [the] conclusion that there is probable cause to believe that Bianca Rudolph did not die by accident and was, rather, killed by Lawrence Rudolph,” the affidavit states.

The feds note that their investigation concluded that she could not have shot herself with such a long barrel gun, as was previously alleged by Rudolph and concluded by local investigators.

Link

A different source, this one indicating that SHE was President of the Pittsburg SCI Chapter...

Link

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9404 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who is the ph in Zambia ?

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

Mike

Not sure he should be named but it happened in one of the Central Kafue concessions

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

Mike

Not sure he should be named but it happened in one of the Central Kafue concessions

What's the trophy fee for a wife?

Posts: 9404 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If one ever saw his video regarding “Reform SCI” it is hard to conclude he was a normal guy.

I had heard rumors of this in Africa . I paid no attention to it. Guess I was wrong .

Posts: 11909 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of umzingele
posted Hide Post

Posts: 263 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 20 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mike

Good(and legitimate) question. coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The PH has absolutely nothing to do with it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am well known for being politically incorrect. Having said that, making jokes about a dead woman makes me cringe .

Posts: 11909 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Daily Beast suggest that the couple’s big-game hunting guide—who is not named in the affidavit—assisted Rudolph throughout the process before eventually receiving a combined total of $53,000 from the dentist in 2017

The PH probably assisted in contacting the authorities and helped with the investigation and with the cremation services.

And the money the PH received would have been for the cost of the safari.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1563 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I am well known for being politically incorrect. Having said that, making jokes about a dead woman makes me cringe .

I agree 100%

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Everything involving this individual has been like a bad dream that never ends...

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
That is crazy. It’s almost exactly like the Blythe incident with John Patterson, which of course was retold as the short happy life of Francis Macomber. What a strange thing.

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://forums.accuratereloadin...671089522#8671089522

Original AR thread on the incident from 2016.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9348 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmkIL0PMHRs

News video.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9348 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
I met Larry and Bianca in Zambia and was interested in his recount of a croc attack in the same concession a couple of years earlier. Seem to remember he got paid out for his damaged hand being a dentist and all. Bianca was a very pleasant lady.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
quote:

Mike

Apparently $53,000

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
If O.J was set free I would think Rudolph will not go near a prison with this evidence.

Posts: 2634 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
President of SCI uses a Remington 375.

He obviously doesn't read AR, regarding CRF and PF.

When DOJ files a case, they win over 90% of the time. The vast majority of Federal Judges bear no resemblance to Judge Ito. (Justice Sotomayor being the most noticeable exception)

Posts: 800 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AilsaWheels:

When DOJ files a case, they win over 90% of the time. The vast majority of Federal Judges bear no resemblance to Judge Ito. (Justice Sotomayor being the most noticeable exception)

+1

Us govt does not lose in federal court.

2018 us attorney filed 79,704 cases - there were 320 acquittals.

I will bet this guy will die in federal jail (from old age).

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
The FBI case agent paints an awful, sordid, bloody picture.

But I live in the land of Whitey Bulger, and his bribed and corrupt FBI enablers.

And I remember Jim Comey, the corrupt FBI Director who used false information to pursue a politically motivated attack against a sitting president.

I could cite many more like cases.

I have lost faith in the FBI.

And I always remember, always, that in the United States of America, each of us must be presumed innocent, until proven guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt, in a court of law.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can see the fraud cases sticking but trying to prosecute someone for murder in a foreign country would seem to be a hard one to do. Better to extradite him to the country it occurred in and let them convict him. I imagine their prisons would not be nearly as comfortable

Posts: 759 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pacecars:
I can see the fraud cases sticking but trying to prosecute someone for murder in a foreign country would seem to be a hard one to do. Better to extradite him to the country it occurred in and let them convict him. I imagine their prisons would not be nearly as comfortable

The us govt correctly prosecutes foreign murders in us courts for terrorism cases.

The us attorneys don’t bring these kinds of cases on a hunch.

The fact the ph is not identified neither is his wife tells me a lot. They are likely cooperating witnesses.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AilsaWheels:

+1

Us govt does not lose in federal court.

2018 us attorney filed 79,704 cases - there were 320 acquittals.

I will bet this guy will die in federal jail (from old age).

Mike

Yep. And for every dirty FBI agent out there, you’ll find 99 just trying to do a good job within the law. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I might have missed it in the affidavit but I only saw probable cause for the fraud? I got no problem with his prosecution but since this is not terrorism I wonder if they will even bother?

Posts: 759 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pacecars:
I might have missed it in the affidavit but I only saw probable cause for the fraud? I got no problem with his prosecution but since this is not terrorism I wonder if they will even bother?

Then guy is 67. They can put him away as easy for mail fraud than anything else. The mail fraud is conditional on a murder and insurance fraud.

The murder took place in a foreign jurisdiction and the body was disposed via cremation.

The us attorney and the fbi will build the best case possible with the given situation.

They can always add charges.

The us govt believes the guy killed his wife a us citizen. Murder of a us citizen is cause enough to get the us government bothered.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
These are allegations at this point.

In this country one is considered innocent until proven guilty .

The FBI without a doubt has more evidence that set forth in the filing .

If they were concerned about his age, they would not have charged him.

We all have our opinions . Time will tell. if the trial happens as scheduled, it will be sooner rather than later.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

You pay all you have for the rest of your life....

Posts: 10095 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
The FBI case agent paints an awful, sordid, bloody picture.

But I live in the land of Whitey Bulger, and his bribed and corrupt FBI enablers.

And I remember Jim Comey, the corrupt FBI Director who used false information to pursue a politically motivated attack against a sitting president.

I could cite many more like cases.

I have lost faith in the FBI.

And I always remember, always, that in the United States of America, each of us must be presumed innocent, until proven guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt, in a court of law.

Mike,
My faith in most government entities has taken a hit due to Biden and Obama. Trump helped a little but not much.
I see more abuses than help for the victims.
Hopefully, this gets sorted out but our government is wasting massive resources persecuting the spectators of the Jan 6 event.

I see that event as wrong, but it should have sent a message to a government that has moved away of being of service to the people to keeping people in power who really should not be there. Sometimes actions more than words are needed to change things.

Posts: 10095 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$5 million buys a lot of high-class attorney time. There is no body or autopsy. Hemingway comitted suicide by holding a shot gun to his face, and shotguns generally have equal or greater barrel length than rifles, so the long barrel argument does not have much traction. Absent direct witness testimony, there isn't much of a case, so it seems logical that the feds have such testimony available or they would not have made the charges.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Ferrall:
$5 million buys a lot of high-class attorney time. There is no body or autopsy. Hemingway comitted suicide by holding a shot gun to his face, and shotguns generally have equal or greater barrel length than rifles, so the long barrel argument does not have much traction. Absent direct witness testimony, there isn't much of a case, so it seems logical that the feds have such testimony available or they would not have made the charges.

They also apparently have photos of the wound. She could only have inflicted a contact or near-contact wound on herself, accidentally or intentionally. If the picture shows a wound from a shot charge that has substantially separated she didn't do it.

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

They also apparently have photos of the wound. She could only have inflicted a contact or near-contact wound on herself, accidentally or intentionally. If the picture shows a wound from a shot charge that has substantially separated she didn't do it.

maybe maybe not.

I have seen loaded rifles and shotguns in a case that the hunter(s) thought were un loaded.

Following are real events that have happen over the years.

Case, hunter out deer hunting is put his rifle in a gun case and threw it into the back of his pickup. Only to have it go off and kill his wife in the front seat of the vehicle.

a group of hunters in king salmon and they were checking in ahead of us, stated that their rifle s were un loaded and in a locked case. One Rifle goes off while loading the airplane and put a nice hole in the side of the 737. We were delayed a bit on this one.

A new hunter who had successfully passed his hunter safety course had his new shot gun in a soft sided case that he threw (it was loaded bye the way) in into the front seat of his dads pickup. whalla, a nice hole through the floorboards and transmission, vehicle had less than 1,000 mile on it. It made a nice bang as we were about a half block away, we drove by asking if they needed help.

I had a friends who shot off his left hand, putting - throwing his shotgun, that was in a soft case into the trunk of his car while in college.

There are real stories are out there and they will be found.

The thing is, if the gun is loaded and in a hard or soft case it can go off (if it is loaded), the individual does not need to pull the trigger for it to happen.

When I Africa and someone is caring my rifle, I always check to make sure that it is unloaded when we are in camp. I do it as soon as we reach camp.

I have almost been shot a few time by careless hunters. Deer hunting is a thing where too many individual do not use binoculars and only use their scope to check the country side looking for deer. It make one nervous when you are looking and you see a rifle aimed at you.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1563 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My understanding is that the picture showed 2 wounds. One from the shot charge, and one from the wad. As it takes about 6’ for the wad and shot charge to separate, it could not have come from a point blank shot.

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.co.../2022/01/38-main.pdf

Even the defendant in his filings agrees that this is a murder trial.

He also has been under investigation for years.

A grand jury has been sitting for years looking at his wife’s death.

The FBI agents have travelled to Africa.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
The Zambian police and medical examiner are idiots? Prove it.

The insurance investigators got it wrong? Prove it.

When this unfortunate woman was pulling a loaded and cocked shotgun, with the safety off, by the muzzle, out of a soft case, the trigger could not possibly have caught on the zipper tab, and fired the weapon directly into her chest? Prove it.

In each case, by the way, beyond a reasonable doubt.

And rest assured that, as they almost always do in these cases, the prosecution will clumsily withhold exculpatory evidence.

Does Kyle Rittenhouse ring any bells?

And the defense will find out about it.

This whole thing about how the defendant was having an affair, even multiple affairs? Red herring. He won’t even contest that. His wife KNEW about them and apparently didn’t care. They still went hunting together.

Not saying he didn’t do it. But proving it to the requisite legal standard will be nigh unto impossible.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.co...9642/2022/01/1-2.pdf

Read pages 18-20.

I cannot reach the trigger of a Benelli nova that is 32 inches from barrel to trigger. I am 6-2.

How does a 5.4 woman reach a trigger that is
31.1875 inches when the fbi estimates her arm to be between 26.75-28.75 inches.

This one will be a fun trial to be a spectator to.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Too bad OJ’s dream team is mostly dead. He will need it . A shotgun wad wound AND a shot load wound will be a bit hard to explain if accidental or self inflicted.The wad and the shot load simply don’t separate at the muzzle….. coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Too bad OJ’s dream team is mostly dead. He will need it . A shotgun wad wound AND a shot load wound will be a bit hard to explain if accidental or self inflicted.The wad and the shot load simply don’t separate at the muzzle….. coffee

There was a reason he was so keen to cremate his wife but do paper work to import cites animals Wink

There was also a reason he was livid that someone from us embassy took pictures of his wife’s dead body.

Mike