THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Cull Hunts in Ethiopia, CAR, Uganda, Tanzania?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cull Hunts in Ethiopia, CAR, Uganda, Tanzania?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted
Does anyone know if anyone offers cull hunts in Ethiopia, CAR, Uganda, Tanzania?

I attended a funeral mass today and the priest was from Uganda. I took that as a sign that I need to go to Uganda. Smiler

Thank you,

Jim

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Cull hunting is not really a common thing throughout the huntable parts of Africa. On private property in areas where the safari operators own the game such as RSA and Namibia cull hunts are common to keep the herds healthy and to generate some income from animals that will never reach trophy quality.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12861 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Mark is right.

Only private farms allow cull hunts.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66911 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
Saeed and Mark thank you for the clarification. So it seems like culls hunts then would only be in South Africa, Namibia,Botswana, Zimbabwe and a couple of places in Zambia. Did I miss any?

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have seen some in Simbabwe also. Organiced rom the park management They give it to the outfitter / phs and they come with clients.

In Sambia also.
And they had to try it their several times with that "hippo culling", they had advertised in the hunting world. Some operators had the permission and did it, but it was stopped by the antis after 3 o 4 hunts.

And good friends from me had the oppurtunity to shoot some PAC (mostly ele) on their (during their "normal trophy") hunts in Tansania.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
You might be able to do some Boko Haram culling in some other parts...you just need balls and plenty of ammo

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,

I've not seen a cull hunt like you described in your report advertised in Zambia or Zimbabwe. It may happen but not to my knowledge as a regularly offered option.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12861 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
Mark, thanks for your knowledge. I can only dream and relize cull hunts are on private property.

I guess I have a few months to earn some money and figure out what I will do next

Jim