New
Find
Notify
Tools

DSC - A beginners view
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is the first DSC or SCI convention I have ever attended so I have nothing to compare it against. These are my observations.

First I want to thank the person that came up with the latest women's fad of skin tight, as in a second skin, pants and the women that wear them.

The show was extremely well organized and the location was kept very clean. The crowd flowed smoothly for the most part with a few delays when customers were talking with outfitters and it moved into the aisles. Everyone there, employees, vendors, and spectators, were all very nice.

For the two days we were there, there was a noticeable shortage of clients at what I call the steroid deer hunter booths. Generally the employees there were talking to each other.

The transportation between the hotels and convention center functioned nicely and smoothly.

In general conversation with vendors, they said their convention was going well and they had either sold merchandise or booked hunts. They appeared to be happy with the convention.

Strangely there were healthy looking people there with "comfort" dogs. You would think someone at a hunting show convention could deal with any issues without this.

There were a few anti-hunting protestors outside with their signs. Some of them had their faces hidden.

There were a number of very good and reasonably priced restaurants at the convention hotel. The walk to those restaurants was covered and inside. The very cold wind did not cause any problems once you were inside.

We did not try any food at the convention. Eight dollar hot dogs do not excite me. Almost all of the exhibitors had candy or mints available to anyone. Those kept my wife and me going.

If I ever want a franchise at DSC, I want it to be the liquor rights. Lines were long all day long at each and every beer/wine/ liquor station. Very long.

There were a question and answer, plus a little bit of fun BS, with prominent TV personalities and writers. It was very enjoyable.

We stopped by the Accurate Reloading room about 2:45 Saturday afternoon. Disappointingly no one was there so we missed the opportunity to meet some people from this site and put faces with screen names.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.

Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Posts: 697 | Location: Dublin, Georgia | Registered: 19 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great and accurate observations.

quote:
Originally posted by boliep:
This is the first DSC or SCI convention I have ever attended so I have nothing to compare it against. These are my observations.

First I want to thank the person that came up with the latest women's fad of skin tight, as in a second skin, pants and the women that wear them.

I agree with the new ladies' pants fad...love it. Regarding the raffle girls, I commented to my wife..."Now I know where strippers hang out in the daytime!" lol

Posts: 200 | Location: Garner, TX | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
quote:

If I ever want a franchise at DSC, I want it to be the liquor rights. Lines were long all day long at each and every beer/wine/ liquor station. Very long.

If they would separate the beer/wine from the mixed drinks the lines would move much faster. After standing in several of those long lines it becomes very clear the waiters having to make the mixed drinks really bog the entire process down.

Posts: 747 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aggie:
Great and accurate observations.

quote:

I agree with the new ladies' pants fad...love it. Regarding the raffle girls, I commented to my wife..."Now I know where strippers hang out in the daytime!" lol

This thread is worthless without pics . . . Smiler

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Spandex, Lycra or elastane is a synthetic fiber known for its exceptional elasticity. It is a polyether-polyurea copolymer that was invented in 1958 by chemist Joseph Shivers at DuPont's Benger Laboratory in Waynesboro, Virginia.

God Bless him!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to think the garage door opener was the greatest invention of our time. Wrong. Yoga pants!

Posts: 1335 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote