New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zambian Safari Companies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can any of the members recommend, based upon personal experience, three (3) reputable Zambian safari companies? I do have African experience, but with Zambia I am at ground zero.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can recommend and have First hand Experience with Laura and Johnny du Plooy from Muchinga Safaris. Honest People with a very good Area in the Luangwa Valley.

PH Andrew Baldry and Thor Kirchner should be also Good People to deal for a Zambian Safari.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy45:
Can any of the members recommend, based upon personal experience, three (3) reputable Zambian safari companies? I do have African experience, but with Zambia I am at ground zero.

The hunt reports here are an excellent reference.

Hunting in Zambia is basically divided between two very contrasting ecosystems one being the Luangwa and the other being the Kafue. In between, we have the Lechwes and rarities such as Sitatunga.

Your priority species would further dictate where you are to hunt.

Enjoy your research as that is half the fun.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9867 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Laura and Johnny du Plooy this past Nov. and will be going back in June. Top notch all the way.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Fairgame/Andrew. Would have been back last year but COVID.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
I hunted with Fairgame/Andrew. Would have been back last year but COVID.

Looking forward to this year mate.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bama15:
I hunted with Laura and Johnny du Plooy this past Nov. and will be going back in June. Top notch all the way.

Enjoy the cool weather

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I can highly recommend the DuPlooy’s and Muchinga Safaris. Excellent operation and people. I booked that hunt through Mark Young and from start to finish, everything went smoothly (except for my girlfriend missing her flight over, but that was nobody’s fault other than her). I can recommend both without hesitation.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
I had a wonderful hunt with Charlie Harvey; great number and quality of animals. Wonderful accommodations. Please see my hunt report:

Shiwa Ngundu

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
How are the Byrds, Birds, Berds? However you spell it?

The Balla Balla Safari guys?

Anyone ever hunt with them?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for the helpful information. It is greatly appreciated. I am relatively new to this forum so I am still trying to figure out how to navigate it. Where do I find the hunt reports one person referred to?

One of Us
Picture of RickyClark
posted Hide Post
Jason Stone deserves a mention although I have not had the pleasure of hunting with the other outfitters in Zambia, take a look at the quality trophies he has got his clients

lets make a plan

Posts: 98 | Location: England | Registered: 29 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RickyClark:
Jason Stone deserves a mention although I have not had the pleasure of hunting with the other outfitters in Zambia, take a look at the quality trophies he has got his clients

Yes there are a number of really good operators out there and each concession has its merits.

The trick is finding the right balance that suits your pocket and desires.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Baldry has a couple of informative posts here regarding hunting in Zambia. Without a single selfpromoting answer. In my book thats the guy to ask for as a hunting guide.If I ever break loose from CMS Mr. Baldry might struggle with a (not so) straight shooting Viking. Smiler

Posts: 189 | Location: Near the arctic circle, Norway | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Odin:
Mr. Baldry has a couple of informative posts here regarding hunting in Zambia. Without a single selfpromoting answer. In my book thats the guy to ask for as a hunting guide.If I ever break loose from CMS Mr. Baldry might struggle with a (not so) straight shooting Viking. Smiler

Variety is the spice of life!

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Variety is the spice of life!

Dirty old codger! Big Grin

Posts: 1904 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy45:

T-45, at the top of the list of threads you will see a short banner with words "Go" "New" "Find" etc.
Click on "Find" and enter Zambia in the search box to begin the read you need...

Regards, Tim

PS For more threads uncheck the box that reads "Search Current Forum only"

Posts: 1319 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Baldry, Mr. Kirchner and Adam Buske are all great gentlemen and PHs. Just contact them and see what they can put together for you.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

Looking forward to this year mate.

Yes indeed.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nchila Hunting Preserve - Pete Fisher.

See my report below.

Posts: 10150 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I highly recommend Mr. Baldry.

I hunted with Andrew in 2014, 2015, 2018, & 2019.

Repeat customer.

Posts: 2587 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Jason Stone , and booked to hunt with him in 2022. I have also sent a lot of clients with him. I have never had someone come home without all their top wishlist trophies. The quality is unreal and we write in a guarantee on shot on mature leopard or lion or come back free.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
I have hunted with Jason Stone , and booked to hunt with him in 2022. I have also sent a lot of clients with him. I have never had someone come home without all their top wishlist trophies. The quality is unreal and we write in a guarantee on shot on mature leopard or lion or come back free.

Yes very good PH. Others in the Luangwa would be Alister Norton, Peter Chipman, Jeff Rann, Johnny Du Plooy, Thor Kirchner

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal