THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Are trophy hunters serial killers? New book exposes hunting industry

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are trophy hunters serial killers? New book exposes hunting industry
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.sapeople.com/2020/...es-hunting-industry/

Link to article.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9348 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are abortion Doctors serial killers?

Posts: 61 | Location: Fallbrook, Ca | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S.K. Snyder:
Are abortion Doctors serial killers?

Good One...+1!

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
The family that kills together, chills together. One of our many family sayings. Of course I'm a NYC born Sicilian American Smiler

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4712 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am not a trophy hunter by any means.

But I hunt every year, and have been ever since I could cock an air rifle!

Is this bloody stupid idiot thinks I a serial killer, then his father is Adolf Hitler and his mother is Stalin’s daughter!

What at utterly stupid piece of trash!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66766 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As usual, the article is 99% antihunting excrement and is not to be taken seriously.

But the truth is, there is an element of hunters who are glory hounds who largely hunt for status and distinction. I wouldn't categorize them as serial killers, just narcissists who happen to hunt. Accordingly, there is a difference to be drawn between trophy hunters and hunters. It would be a guess as to the percentage of glory hounds vs trophy hunters vs hunters. But the glory hounds are a minuscule fraction of the total in my experience.

I know a lot of African hunters who started their hunting experience as trophy hunters but come back to Africa year after year simply for the enjoyment of hunting in Africa. Personally I cannot look at a Springbok and not think lunch or Eland and not think dinner. Many folks don't need another head on the wall to enjoy hunting.

What's always interesting regarding these hack job articles is no one discusses the amount of money hunters invest in Africa (especially the glory hounds) and how that money is utilized to support conservation and biodiversity. I wonder if all these activists would be willing to pony up the tens of millions of dollars that are expended in Africa supporting the ancillary industries, jobs and conservation efforts. But I believe we all know the answer to that question.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
They even have a dedicated organization for their sick minds!

It is called SCI! rotflmo

They invented “circles” different categories of brainless wannabes can belong to.

They have to pay to get into these circles.

Some have been known to break every conceivable game law to get their names into those circles! jumping

Posts: 66766 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This does not help..its really bad..

https://youtu.be/hPFwirF71OQ

And when high profiled people as Lord Ashcroft and Sir Ranulph Fiennes is fronting anti-trophy hunting we struggle..

Posts: 3964 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pondoro:
This does not help..its really bad..

https://youtu.be/hPFwirF71OQ

And when high profiled people as Lord Ashcroft and Sir Ranulph Fiennes is fronting anti-trophy hunting we struggle..

Frankly, I would not put it past someone like him to have organized something like this, to suit his own agenda!

I do not trust either him to Fiennes!

Neither is known for their honesty!

This does not distract from the fact that some operators in South Africa would do anything to make a buck.

These animals are farmed.

Not much different farming cattle, pigs or sheep!

All destined to the slaughter.

So why is the outrage??

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Gents:
When I saw this post on June 18 I ordered the book from Amazon out of curiosity. While there are some errors, and it is difficult to read investigative work from one who began the task with such a strong bias, I must say we are done.

The selling of canned hunts, awards for killing the most and the biggest, and all aspects of an industry which commercializes the death of wild animals, etc., etc., there is no way we as hunters can rationalize what we do to those who read this book who are not hunters.

There are far more of them (antis) than us that in the long run we can't win. There are not enough of us for politicians to rally for our cause. The descriptions of pay to kill far out weighed father and son on a deer hunt in the woods.

I don't know how long it will take or what order will be taken. If the Democrats pass a bill that makes airports gun free zones--there goes traveling with our rifles and shotguns. More and more airlines won't carry hunting trophies. People lose their jobs if they publicly state they hunt or publish photos. A principal told me years ago I was too dangerous to be a public school teacher becasue I was a member of the NRA. Some states have out-lawed imporation of certain trophies.

I'm 65 this August and believe I will see the end of international hunting, most if not all, within my lifetime. The biggest organization that is for hunters gathers the most attacks for the awards and shifty officers at the top.

I'm glad I participated while I could and will continue to do so. But the game is about over.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Gents:
When I saw this post on June 18 I ordered the book from Amazon out of curiosity. While there are some errors, and it is difficult to read investigative work from one who began the task with such a strong bias, I must say we are done.

The selling of canned hunts, awards for killing the most and the biggest, and all aspects of an industry which commercializes the death of wild animals, etc., etc., there is no way we as hunters can rationalize what we do to those who read this book who are not hunters.

There are far more of them (antis) than us that in the long run we can't win. There are not enough of us for politicians to rally for our cause. The descriptions of pay to kill far out weighed father and son on a deer hunt in the woods.

I don't know how long it will take or what order will be taken. If the Democrats pass a bill that makes airports gun free zones--there goes traveling with our rifles and shotguns. More and more airlines won't carry hunting trophies. People lose their jobs if they publicly state they hunt or publish photos. A principal told me years ago I was too dangerous to be a public school teacher becasue I was a member of the NRA. Some states have out-lawed imporation of certain trophies.

I'm 65 this August and believe I will see the end of international hunting, most if not all, within my lifetime. The biggest organization that is for hunters gathers the most attacks for the awards and shifty officers at the top.

I'm glad I participated while I could and will continue to do so. But the game is about over.
Cal

He is anti hunting.

Period.

If we are going to examine every aspect of what we do, and try our best to stop those who do things we do not like, no one will be able to do anything anymore.

LIFE follows death.

You cannot have one without the other.

Every living creature that is not vegetarian kills to survive.

Humans have tamed endless species to benefit from.

From horses to camels to cows to pigs to chickens.

Those of us who object to so called "canned" hunts are only supporting the antis.

I would not shoot a lion bred on a farm, nor would I shoot a buffalo bred on a farm.

I have no objection to shooting all sorts of plains game bred on a farm.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Gents:

Cal

He is anti hunting.

Period.

If we are going to examine every aspect of what we do, and try our best to stop those who do things we do not like, no one will be able to do anything anymore.

LIFE follows death.

You cannot have one without the other.

Every living creature that is not vegetarian kills to survive.

Humans have tamed endless species to benefit from.

From horses to camels to cows to pigs to chickens.

Those of us who object to so called "canned" hunts are only supporting the antis.

I would not shoot a lion bred on a farm, nor would I shoot a buffalo bred on a farm.

I have no objection to shooting all sorts of plains game bred on a farm.

+1!!

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gents:

Cal

Cal, when I was a young lad and listening to the older generation of African hunters, they were saying the same thing when Kenya went tits up. It's over, we'll never see hunting in Africa again, etc, etc, etc.

From where I sit, hunting in Africa will continue long after all of us are gone. It may look different than it has, but it will continue. The insanity currently going on in regards to trophy bans will run its course and will eventually be lifted. I see it as nothing more than the "Me Too" trend currently sweeping the globe. It's in fashion today, but will eventually go out of fashion in the future.

Eventually the masses will grow tired of the fractional few who are offended by everything and will stop listening to them and will stop being controlled and manipulated by them.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
...The insanity currently going on in regards to trophy bans will run its course and will eventually be lifted. ...

CA has banned hunting and IMPORT of mountain lion trophies since 1990. It will most likely pass a ban on import of most African game, even Zebras this year.

They are not running its course, but expanding.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pockets of insanity will persist. That can't be helped unless California falls into the ocean one day soon. And not to be prejudicial, the north east coast can as well starting with Massachusetts.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
quote:
Gents:

Cal

Cal, when I was a young lad and listening to the older generation of African hunters, they were saying the same thing when Kenya went tits up. It's over, we'll never see hunting in Africa again, etc, etc, etc.

From where I sit, hunting in Africa will continue long after all of us are gone. It may look different than it has, but it will continue. The insanity currently going on in regards to trophy bans will run its course and will eventually be lifted. I see it as nothing more than the "Me Too" trend currently sweeping the globe. It's in fashion today, but will eventually go out of fashion in the future.

Eventually the masses will grow tired of the fractional few who are offended by everything and will stop listening to them and will stop being controlled and manipulated by them.

You are wrong my friend.

If you look at the current society, every little dickhead is up in arms about one thing or another offending them!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, you're a perfect example, plenty of folks hunt Africa without taking trophies back. While a transitory Federal trophy ban may dissuade some, many will continue to eagerly hunt Africa.