THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    looking for advice - best safari company website? Poll.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

looking for advice - best safari company website? Poll.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am about to redesign the website for my hunting and turism operation, although it is not based in Africa, I think there are more African safari company website out there than any other kind, so I would like to ask this comunity.

So, which hunting company/advertisment, in your opinion is the "best"?

By that I mean, easiest to use, most appealing and inviting.

What kind of layout do you prefer?

What do you want to see on a website? Pics of past success must be up there, what about hunting areas?

What information is important to have on the website?

Please include a link to the websites you mention and point out any features you particulraly like about them, I want to try to get a feel for what is good and what is not in a website designed for hunters.

I thank you all very much in advance for any help you can provide.

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I don't have any in mind right off, but I want to see the following...

prices/packages

updated photos of trophies, camps, and hunting areas

description of hunting areas

description and "bio" of PH's

I just absolutely hate it when no prices are there - at least a generalized day rate and trophy fee page should be there. I have seen a lot of good websites that were missing this essential piece to give you a baseline of what things will cost...JMHO

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Have a look at Buzz Charlton's website. www.cmsafaris.com

In my opinion it is one of the best out there. It has everything you need to know when booking a safari, prices/packages, updated trophy photos, hunt reports, hunting areas and a lot more.

Mike

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 677 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm with Tim. I hate websites that don't put in pricing. Matter of fact, I dismiss them right off, if they don't.

I also hate websites that put their print on dark colored, or pictured backgrounds. Maybe its my old eyes, but they are darned hard to read.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thumb +1 for CM Safaris. I like the news letter, hunt reports, gallery and I discovered AR via their site! Maybe one day I'll be able to scrape up enough USD to go and bowhunt one of their buff!
JCHB

Posts: 411 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have a look at Buzz Charlton's website. www.cmsafaris.com

In my opinion it is one of the best out there. It has everything you need to know when booking a safari, prices/packages, updated trophy photos, hunt reports, hunting areas and a lot more.

Prices and Specials are from 2009. No Update !

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do not use any music. No continuous video. Up to date prices and accurate descriptions of "reasonable expectations".

Posts: 10079 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
I like this one www.tanzaniabiggame.com

Their photo gallery and area description is what I like.

This one is not bad either www.hhksafaris.com

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Pierre` van Tonder's site www.pvt.co.za

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
www.chifutisafaris.com

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Research says that you need to keep it simple and easily legible without patterned backgrounds.

Pic are good but not so many as to cause slow loading.

Don't waffle and give info in short punchy sentences/statements.

Keep all your key info above the fold.... which means the bit the viewer sees without having to scroll down.

Remember the vast majority of visitors read around 30% of the page and scan over the rest.

Give ALL relevent info but try not to wax lyrical because it puts people off.

One of Us
Picture of vandyboy
posted Hide Post
I have not looked at an awful lot of websites, but I like Chifuti Safaris website. I found it very helpful in planning my safari to Zimbabwe.

Jeff

Posts: 111 | Location: Jackson, MI USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
I only go with people I've met or with people I know have gone with. I've been with these guys twice and am saving up to go again. http://www.bahati.co.za/adventures/Home.html

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.cmsafaris.com

Plus One!!!

They have produced two awesome videos from clients hunts. NO! Mark Sullivan hi-jinks here, just real people who can shoot taking game cleanly. Our own MJines has hunted with them enough that one more year and he will have enough video footage for his own video to sell to help finance future hunts.

Rich
I hunted Buffalo with them and am saving for a PAC Elephant/Cape Buffalo hunt in 2012

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mbogo

Thanks for that - We normaly pride ourselves in having a very up to date website- JFYI though the 2009 prices are the same as 2010 but will change it Monday morning and add new specials! Cheers Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
I've always liked Tanzania Game Tracker Safari's. I watched their video a hundred times before hunting with them.

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
Theck out www.matswanesafaris.com nice homepage!!

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies folks.

Here is a link to a website that I want to loosely base mine around, minus the music, and with slightly bigger pics. I would have it open up farther so the sentral menu becomes most of the screen.
I want to have access to all the links from the one page without having to scroll and the ability to jump from one thing to another without having to go back to the main menu each time.

It is an Italian website for blinds, but that is irrelvant, what do you think of this kind of menu?

http://www.labottegadelsole.net/

Of course I wouldn't not use any music, I hate music on websites, and this one is particularly annoying.

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote