New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moz and Zim cyclone
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm sure a lot of you have received the e-mail from the Duckworths regarding the cyclone that hit Moz and Zim. A tremendous amount of rain and flooding. He said they were OK but others are not so fortunate. It really looks like it could be bad. Being from the south and dealing with hurricanes, I can feel for them and expect a lot of damage and lives lost. Let's pray for them.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
There was a post here asking about it several days back which got moved to the American hunting forum for some reason. Weird.

~Ann

Posts: 19148 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just the tail end of that cyclone wouldn't be all that bad if it were to swing our way. It's been hotter than hell over the last several weeks and a few buckets would do no harm.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cyclone's huge floods leave hundreds dead in southern Africa

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weat...X4RL?ocid=spartanntp

one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

12 inches of rain on the Save in 36 hours. Double that in areas of Mozambique. Yikes!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12858 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if there was any good to be had from getting all that water.Things seemed extremely dry when I was there(Zim) back in October.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Moz now has an inland sea that is 60k by 40k according to the BBC. In some areas the water is so deep it has covered power poles. Beira is essentially gone. This disaster will take years to recover from. The poor just got poorer.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13138 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Good luck guys over there
Tough deal as it is in Midwest
And I was bitching about some spring runoff
Some parts of the world sure have it tough this year
Feel for you guys

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, how terrible!

Well wishes & prayers to everyone.

Posts: 2586 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zimbabwe before the cyclone had received maybe 200mm of rain out of some 700-800mm that would be normal. So in areas of the country further inland where there was nothing more than two or three days of rain, it was great. The flooding and damage caused in the Eastern Districts won't have much benefit, but some.

quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
I wonder if there was any good to be had from getting all that water.Things seemed extremely dry when I was there(Zim) back in October.

Posts: 408 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone is interested in donating to the cause I have attached the fund I donated to at Gorongosa NP.

The park is using their equipment and manpower to rescue/come to the aid of stranded villagers adjoining the park.

http://www.gorongosa.org/

Posts: 1859 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote