THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Will the new President continue to support banning the import of hunting trophies?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will the new President continue to support banning the import of hunting trophies?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Smartest words spoken.

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, the "science" likely will be what the administration wants to support. If you pay for a study you should expect to get what you paid for.
k

Posts: 247 | Location: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just like the plaintiffs' bar did during the breast implant litigation. Turns out it was all false. Paid for and delivered.

But this Administration will not be a friend of international hunters or conservation.

Posts: 10000 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nor anyone else.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by Kathi:
https://www.washingtonpost.com...e-protections-trump/

Washington Post article from December 22.

What a load of horse shit that article is.
+1 If you want fiction, the post is your place to go.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muttleysgone:
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by Kathi:
https://www.washingtonpost.com...e-protections-trump/

Washington Post article from December 22.

What a load of horse shit that article is.
+1 If you want fiction, the post is your place to go.

This is obviously a ridiculously flawed article...published by the Washington Post. It is RIFE with bias and total ignorance.

Yet there are those here among us...that continuously pushed writings equally biased and ignorant from WaPo about the same administration down in the Political Forum...as the gospel truth.

quote:
From the WaPo article:
The Trump administration has allowed importation of the carcasses of endangered elephants and rhinoceros, as well as lions, as hunting trophies — reversing a ban on the practice enacted when Biden was vice president under President Barack Obama.

While I wish it were true...this statement alone is just a flat out blatant lie!

Amazing to me...but the gullible idiots got their wish!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36531 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.lexology.com/libra...c3-a5af-50667b794480

Article has the various links.

Biden Administration to Review Species Rules and Related Frameworks

Blog Endangered Species Law and Policy
Nossaman LLP
Nossaman LLP logo
USA January 20 2021

On January 20, 2021, President Biden announced his administration will review regulatory actions taken between January 17, 2020 and January 20, 2021 in accordance with an Executive Order titled “Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis” (EO). Among the agency actions to be reviewed under the EO are a number of regulations and policies finalized by the Trump Administration involving Endangered Species Act (ESA), Migratory Bird Treaty Act (MBTA), and other related statutes.

An initial pre-publication announcement listed several ESA implementing regulations that will undergo review, including:

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s (Service) recently finalized definition of “habitat” in the context of designating critical habitat;
The Service’s recently finalized regulations setting forth the process for excluding areas from critical habitat under ESA section 4(b)(2);
The Service’s 2019 regulations dealing with listing species and designating critical habitat; and
The Service’s 2019 regulations governing interagency cooperation under ESA section 7.
Additionally, the initial list included review of a number of species-specific actions including:

The Service’s revision to critical habitat for the northern spotted owl (Strix occidentalis caurina);
The Service’s 12-month warranted but precluded finding on the monarch butterfly (Danaus plexippus);
The Service’s not warranted finding on 11 species;
Several Bureau of Land Management (BLM) resource management plans for the greater sage grouse (Centrocercus urophasianus); and
Delisting of the gray wolf (Canis lupus)
The initial list included certain activity-specific regulatory actions, including:

The October 2019 Service Biological Opinion for the Reinitiation of Consultation on the Coordinated Operations of the Central Valley Project and State Water Project; and
The related October 2019 National Marine Fisheries Service Biological Opinion on Long Term Operation of the Central Valley Project and the State Water Project.
The EO also includes regulations and policies arising from the Trump Administration’s position that unintentional take of migratory birds is not prohibited under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act (MBTA), including:

The Service’s recently finalized regulations governing take of migratory birds; and
The Department of the Interior Solicitor’s Opinion M-37050.
Finally, the EO covers a number of actions from other departments, agencies, and bureaus that can impact ESA permitting and compliance, including:

The Council on Environmental Quality’s update to National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) implementing regulations;
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineer’s reissuance and modification of the nationwide permitting program under Clean Water Act section 404 and Rivers and Harbors Act section 10;
The BLM’s NEPA implementing procedures; and
The Environmental Protection Agency’s Navigable Waters Protection Rule defining “waters of the United States.”
While the precise outcome of Biden Administration review is unknown at this time, it is likely that many of the regulations and policies identified by the EO will be rescinded, repealed, or modified in the coming months and years. The EO notes that other regulatory actions not listed here may undergo review consistent with the Biden Administration priorities.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9363 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can guarantee that any hunter or gun owner who voted for this guy will wish that he had not done so, and soon.

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can guarantee that any hunter or gun owner who voted for this guy will wish that he had not done so, and soon.

Gun control is one thing.

Ammunition is different, if you cannot purchase ammo, you can have all the guns in the world and it will not make a difference. That is what they are working on.

Cabelas, Sportsman Warehouse, Bass Pro, Small Gun stores the shelves are empty.

I usually purchase 40 to 50 flats of shotgun shells a year for trap shooting. Who I normally purchase from has been out for almost a year. My last pick up was in November of '19. I picked up 20 flats.

He has a no idea when some ammo will be available. So he is in the process of having a special order of trap loads made for him. He had to order a truck load of shells, that is the only way the plant would take an order. And he is not sure when he will receive them. Another Business that I hav purchased from before, is not sure when he will be receiving ammo. He usually purchases a container or two of ammo at a time.

So if ammo is not available, what do you think, is that gun control.

With Remington out of the line up, no one knows when their plants will be back in production.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1572 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
quote:

Gun control is one thing.

Ammunition is different, if you cannot purchase ammo, you can have all the guns in the world and it will not make a difference. That is what they are working on.

Cabelas, Sportsman Warehouse, Bass Pro, Small Gun stores the shelves are empty.

I usually purchase 40 to 50 flats of shotgun shells a year for trap shooting. Who I normally purchase from has been out for almost a year. My last pick up was in November of '19. I picked up 20 flats.

He has a no idea when some ammo will be available. So he is in the process of having a special order of trap loads made for him. He had to order a truck load of shells, that is the only way the plant would take an order. And he is not sure when he will receive them. Another Business that I hav purchased from before, is not sure when he will be receiving ammo. He usually purchases a container or two of ammo at a time.

So if ammo is not available, what do you think, is that gun control.

With Remington out of the line up, no one knows when their plants will be back in production.

Every ammo maker is producing at full capacity.

It’s not their fault an imaginative public is hoarding ammo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIgvoJKovIg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCgQ2DV0n6Q

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those of us who reload do not have any ammo shortages.

One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, that's partly true. I've seen ridiculous prices on Primers and Powder lately...bullets are scarce as well (I was looking for 9mm bullets for plinking and that was a fruitless effort).

So, when the components run out, we reloaders also have ammo shortages.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2313 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The whole ammo discussion certainly seems a bit tautological. Those that believe that the new Administration is going to institute significant gun control measures start hoarding weapons, ammo and reloading components. As a result massive shortages develop in weapons, ammo and reloading components. Then the group complaining that gun control is coming cite the shortages in weapons, ammo and reloading components as evidence that their premise is correct. Sort of like what Pogo said, we have met the enemy and he is us. Apparently we are going to do this every time a Democrat becomes President, then we have to wait for the hysteria to pass before supplies return to normal.

Mike

Posts: 21200 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Looking at reloading ammo.

If you do not have the supplies on hand that you need, it will be maybe 2 1/2 to 3 years before some components will become available.

The Companies that are making rifle, pistol & shotgun ammunition are running at capacity. And the Ammo reps are not sure when they will be caught up. They were talking years out, and if the federal government put in an order there's order goes to the head of the list.

Mike Jines, is partially correct in that all the new gun owners in the past year have moved into the purchasing of gun and ammo that lead to a surge in purchasing. Now if the ammo reps are correct that it will take 2 1/2 to 3 years to try and catch up on the supply side, the rush to stockpile will start again.

Anyone on here who thinks that they are not on a government list for purchasing guns and ammo is simply fooling them selves.

A new list is currently being compiles of individuals that are being put on the will not be able to purchase guns or ammo. There are a few states that you have to show your license or driver license to purchase ammo.

I guess that goes along with the new list of people who are being added to the do not fly list. I think it would be a shocker to show up at the airport to go on a trip and find out that you are on the list. I watched that happen one time, and it was not a pleasant site to watch as the couple were denied there tickets at the check in counter.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1572 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rnovi:
quote:

Well, that's partly true. I've seen ridiculous prices on Primers and Powder lately...bullets are scarce as well (I was looking for 9mm bullets for plinking and that was a fruitless effort).

So, when the components run out, we reloaders also have ammo shortages.

I was either smart enough (or something) that I stocked up some years back on primers, brass, and a number of bullets. My powder magazine is in good shape. At age 79, I suspect I have enough to last until that day all of us are heading to.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
While I agree with the general tone of this thread, maybe it’s more political than African.

I’m prepared to be pleasantly surprised given Biden has said that science will be respected.

I expect it will be a “s” show despite that statement.

Doc Butler.....A leftist only accepts "science" that affirms their agenda.....scientifically, biologically, there only two sexes? They don't like that science! Science has shown that well regulated hunting is a tool for conservation. They don't accept that science?

They claim to respect science! They only respect science that furthers their agenda!

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Biden will do everything possible to punish us hunters.

Why?

Hunting is expensive. Therefore we have two dimes to rub together, by definition.

99.9% of people with two dimes to rub together are Republicans.

Politicians used to try to win over people from other parties. Now the Democrats merely want to purge them.

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
It is going to be a long 4 years. Hunters and shooters will loose some freedom and costs for the sport is going to escalate due to regulation.

I hope the idiots who live in the USA that hunt, shoot, and own small business and voted for Biden are happy about something of substance as we all are going to be punished over the next 4 years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36531 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope the idiots who live in the USA that hunt, shoot, and own small business and voted for Biden are happy about something of substance as we all are going to be punished over the next 4 years.

To my mind everything that Joe Dim has done so far should be shocking to anyone with a lick of sense.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
I think everything Biden has done so far virtually guarantees a Republican house and senate in two years. Biden got a lot of votes from centrists that didn't believe what they were being told about a Biden / Harris agenda.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CharlesL:
I think everything Biden has done so far virtually guarantees a Republican house and senate in two years. Biden got a lot of votes from centrists that didn't believe what they were being told about a Biden / Harris agenda.

Unless the democrats can rig enough election laws so that no Republican can ever win.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote