THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Will the new President continue to support banning the import of hunting trophies?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will the new President continue to support banning the import of hunting trophies?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://safariclub.org/joe-bid...of-hunting-trophies/

FEDERAL Mar 17, 2020

Joe Biden Voices Support for Banning the Import of Hunting Trophies

This past weekend, former Vice President Joe Biden hosted a virtual town hall in Illinois while campaigning for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination. During the event he went on record as being opposed to the importation of animals hunted legally outside the United States. Such a ban is intended solely to stop outdoorsmen and women from hunting abroad, a longtime goal of the uninformed anti-hunting groups to whom Joe Biden is politically pandering.

Similar to legislation like the federal CECIL Act or the Iconic African Species Protection Act in California that threaten hunters ’rights, an import ban would not only fail to increase protections on wildlife species in Africa and elsewhere, it would actively impede scientifically-backed conservation strategies managed by range states and funded primarily by hunting dollars spent in range countries.

Someone like Pete Fick, who is a wildlife guide in Zimbabwe’s Bubye Wildlife Conservancy, would have a lot to teach the former Vice President. Fick and conservationists like him are adamant that “killing some animals so the rest of them can live is an absolute necessity out here.” By allowing hunting inside the conservancy, Bubye has been able to increase their resources on hand to push back against efforts by those looking to develop wildlife habitat into agricultural spaces, as well as hire more full-time anti-poaching patrols inside the area. In fact, the park management authorities cover 80% of the Conservancy’s $2.5 million annual maintenance costs with hunting dollars.

Safari Club International (SCI) CEO W. Laird Hamberlin responded to Joe Biden’s statement, saying “If Joe Biden truly cared about international wildlife, he would spend less time falsely claiming he was a sponsor of the Endangered Species Act and more time studying the abundance of evidence from the scientific community that shows hunting is a critical component of many countries’ successful wildlife conservation programs. Many of the people who oppose our mission at SCI are quick to accost others for not believing in science when it comes to climate change, yet seem to forget that same talking point when confronted with science that supports conservation through sustainable use.

Maybe Joe thinks no one is paying attention because of our national crisis…” Hamberlin continued “but rest assured that SCI is watching and ready as ever to fight for our people’s right to hunt. While we may be practicing social distancing, I’d still like to invite the former Vice President’s campaign to engage with us here at Safari Club International so that we can work together to make the world a better place for humans and wildlife to healthily coexist.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9361 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://blog.humanesociety.org...ope-for-animals.html

A time of hope for animals
By Kitty Block and Sara Amundson
November 9, 2020

As Joe Biden and Kamala Harris head to the White House, they bring with them a proven track record of protecting animals.

In past years, we have worked with both the president- and vice-president-elect to strengthen laws on wildlife, marine mammals, farm animals, and so much more, and we look forward to continue working with them in coming years.

During his time as a U.S. Senator, Biden supported dozens of animal welfare reforms, including dolphin-safe labeling on cans of tuna and legislation asking Canada to end its bloody seal hunt. He authored legislation to end canned hunting—the practice of trophy hunting wild animals in enclosures with nowhere to run—and voted to stop horse slaughter in the United States by prohibiting the use of taxpayer dollars to fund U.S. Department of Agriculture inspection and approval of meat at horse slaughterhouses. As Senator, Biden also worked to prohibit the use in research of dogs and cats obtained by Class B dealers through random sources and to end animal fighting and federal subsidies for fur.

Harris, too, has a strong record on animal issues. When she was attorney general of California, we teamed up with her on at least a dozen animal protection cases, including beating back an NRA-backed lawsuit that sought to overturn a new California state law banning intrastate trade of ivory and rhino horn in 2016. Harris’ office also successfully defended California’s Prop 2, a law ending the cruel cage confinement of egg laying hens, multiple times, and successfully defended California’s groundbreaking law banning force-fed foie gras sales.

As U.S. Senator, Harris has continued to help animals as evidenced by her score of 86/100 on the HSLF 2020 Humane Scorecard Preview. In addition to our priority bills, Harris was one of the cosponsors of the Safe Line Speeds During COVID-19 Act, that would require the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service to suspend all waivers for increased line speeds it has issued to chicken and cattle slaughterhouses during the pandemic, and stop issuing any new waivers.

These past four years under the Trump administration have been a mixed bag for animals. We saw some groundbreaking progress, most notably the signing of the Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture (PACT) Act, a groundbreaking law that the HSUS and HSLF pushed for all the way. It authorizes the FBI and other federal law enforcement agencies to prosecute malicious animal cruelty, including crushing, burning, drowning, suffocating and impaling live animals, and other abuses such as sexually exploiting them.

But we also saw a trend of reversing a great deal of the progress that had already been made for animals. Just last week, the Trump administration ended federal protections for wolves under the Endangered Species Act in the lower 48 states, putting these animals, already vulnerable and still recovering, in the crosshairs of trophy hunters. In 2018, the administration finalized rules to weaken the Endangered Species Act and make it harder to secure federal protections for endangered and threatened species. There have since been more assaults aimed at further weakening this bedrock law that protects American and global wildlife. We and our allies, along with the attorneys general of 19 states, are fighting these changes in court. In June this year, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service finalized a rule to appease trophy hunters by allowing some of the cruelest of killing methods on 20 million acres of Alaska’s national preserves. The Department of the Interior also reopened imports of elephant and lion trophies from Zimbabwe and Zambia, banned by the Obama administration, and allowed the imports of lion trophies from South Africa.

Since 2017, the U.S. Department of Agriculture has also cut back drastically on the number of Animal Welfare Act and Horse Protection Act citations and enforcement actions—actions with the potential to negatively impact animals trapped in enterprises like puppy mills, roadside zoos and cruel walking horse competitions, and finalized a federal rule to do away with line speed limits at pig slaughter facilities, creating an animal welfare, worker and food safety nightmare.

We hope that in coming years we can work shoulder-to-shoulder with the Biden-Harris administration to reverse these bad changes, and to implement many more reforms for animals. It is said that the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. By that standard, our nation has a great deal of lost ground to recover. We also hope the new administration will support states’ rights to protect farm, companion, and wild animals above and beyond federal standards, including California’s landmark 2018 ballot measure banning the sale of products from cruelty confined farm animals. This is a time of change for the nation, and we remain steadfast in our willingness to work in a nonpartisan manner to make progress for protecting animals.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9361 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hardly surprising as most everyone predicted this.

Folks in Africa are not happy with our election results as their futures now lay in the hands of the anti-gun, anti-hunting crowd.

First the UK and now the US. Not sure everyone in the hunting industry will survive Biden's reign.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The both of them rub shoulders with Hillary and Chelsea Clinton and this is a golden opportunity for the Clintons to push their agenda home.

Well done the Democrats! clap

Posts: 1903 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't understand how anyone who loves shooting, reloading, firearms, and hunting can vote for those who are committed to ending all of that.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
I don't understand how anyone who loves shooting, reloading, firearms, and hunting can vote for those who are committed to ending all of that.

Amen, brother. Yet, here we are.

NRA benefactor life member
SCI life member
DSC life member

Posts: 242 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: 09 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, just look at the AR Political Forum. Its full of those Trolls. Mad

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably a good idea to donate to Conservation Force if you don’t already. I suspect it’s going to be lawsuits to do anything.

Posts: 10576 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Listen to Dr. Butler. Consevation Force is really doing something for us. I personally donate each month and think we all should.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12861 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I donate Conservation Force. But like mentioned above...AR Political Forum is full of Biden supporters who at least “say” they are hunters and shooters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36509 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I donate Conservation Force. But like mentioned above...AR Political Forum is full of Biden supporters who at least “say” they are hunters and shooters.

Yes! They walk among us!!!!!!

Just like those that refuse to support the NRA because of Wayne's bs!

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Imagine if they ban the import of trophies from Africa?

Then we would not adapt? Take quality photographs as trophies, entertain realistic replicas, save some hard-earned cash, continue to feed the wanting communities, and continue to hunt the wild. Best of all we show a finger and carry on with our sport.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9860 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
If you are a hunter/shooter.

1) Donate to Conservation Force
2) Donate to DSC
3) Donate to NRA
*4) But ALWAYS vote Republican (get involved in the primaries to pick your candidate)

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36509 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

Then we would not adapt? Take quality photographs as trophies, entertain realistic replicas, save some hard-earned cash, continue to feed the wanting communities, and continue to hunt the wild. Best of all we show a finger and carry on with our sport.

Nothing will stop me.

In fact, I am no longer keeping trophies.

I will hunt as long as my feet carry me.

Had a word with Alan a while back.

Missed our hunt this year, so might go on two hunts next year!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Good for you Saeed!

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

Nothing will stop me.

In fact, I am no longer keeping trophies.

I will hunt as long as my feet carry me.

Had a word with Alan a while back.

Missed our hunt this year, so might go on two hunts next year!

Now THAT is the right attitude!

For the most part, I am done with taxidermy as well. I have no more space and who wants
to be stuck with my taxidermy when I croak!!

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not only an assault on hunting, guns too.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Custom:
quote:

Amen, brother. Yet, here we are.

I hope all that voted for slow joe have to cancel a trip and pay higher taxes.

I fear for my friends in Africa and of course the wild life...

Damn shame...

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If you want to identify them, just go to the AR Political Forum (Crater). It's fairly easy to see who is and is not. Their posts explain and tell all. Might just outright shock and surprise some of you. Big Grin My advice: Don't step too close to the Crater. It appears that once you get involved, it is very difficult to get out! Big Grin clap rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
quote:
quote:

If you want to identify them, just go to the AR Political Forum (Crater). Easy to see who does and does not. Their posts explain and tell all. Might just outright shock and surprise some of you. Big Grin My advice: Don't step too close to the Crater. Once you get involved, it appears very difficult to get out! Big Grin

The Eagles HOTEL CALIFORNIA comes to mind.

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave! rotflmo

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Eagles HOTEL CALIFORNIA comes to mind.

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!

I'm not a regular part of the Crater's discussions, but from what I can see, it's a combination of the movie "Groundhog Day", the song "Hotel California" and Panphobia. rotflmo clap

One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
All I know is that the trophies from my 2019 Safari are finally ready and I'm not wasting any time getting them shipped in.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2313 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

If you want to identify them, just go to the AR Political Forum (Crater). It's fairly easy to see who is and is not. Their posts explain and tell all. Might just outright shock and surprise some of you. Big Grin My advice: Don't step too close to the Crater. It appears that once you get involved, it is very difficult to get out! Big Grin clap rotflmo

Very true. Some of us have to hold the line though. BOOM

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mike Jines is the only anti Trump that is a shooter. You never see any of the others on AR's guns/ammo/hunting forums.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It ain’t over yet. And glad I never went to political forum

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2846 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Virginia Creeper
posted Hide Post
Please don't feed the fire.
And don't give to Trump the attention that he desires.
Do think that the deal is done.
Trump is toast.
Speculating about politics or about the USA's elections in the African Hunting forum is bad.
Sincerely,

E Pluribus Unum - where out of many, we will become one.

Posts: 149 | Location: VA | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, our rights as citizens to own guns and to hunt both domestically and internationally is quite political as one side of the aisle wants to limit/eliminate those rights. So if you care about protecting your rights of gun ownership and our ability to hunt, you better be political and vote accordingly.

The anti-gun and anti-hunting movement is gaining traction around the globe. I would have hoped that we in the US are able to stop their efforts, but the pending Administration is part of the problem and not part of the solution.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unfortunately, our rights as citizens to own guns and to hunt both domestically and internationally is quite political as one side of the aisle wants to limit/eliminate those rights. So if you care about protecting your rights of gun ownership and our ability to hunt, you better be political and vote accordingly.

The anti-gun and anti-hunting movement is gaining traction around the globe. I would have hoped that we in the US are able to stop their efforts, but the pending Administration is part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Well written! If you aren't fighting the problem, you are part of the problem!

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Who could possibly be worse than one who stated that hunting is a horror show! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Words and feelings don't bother me Saeed; actions bother me. I am much more concerned with a pending trophy ban than I am the personal feelings of a politician.

But that's just me so.... coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
LOL show us your true colors. Don'y hold back
quote:
Originally posted by Virginia Creeper:
Please don't feed the fire.
And don't give to Trump the attention that he desires.
Do think that the deal is done.
Trump is toast.
Speculating about politics or about the USA's elections in the African Hunting forum is bad.
Sincerely,

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2846 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Who could possibly be worse than one who stated that hunting is a horror show! rotflmo

Saeed,

Whatever Trump said pales into insignificance compared to what Kamala Harris, AOC etc. want to do. These people are worse than The Greens in Australia.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where are the lefty trolls on the political forum. Why are they not giving voice to this ?

Posts: 513 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 27 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The American people were stupid enough to vote for a mental midget and his socialist hag. Biden will not be president, the hag will and she is like a vulture in a tree waiting for the piece of shit Biden to kick the bucket. Kamala and the Dems want our fucking guns and have stated as such. Vile people

Posts: 205 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biden can't take my guns. I don't have any. Remember, Obama already took them. But they were useless, I wasn't smart enough to buy 50K-100K primers in preparation for Obama taking my stuff. I wish I had primers as all the hoarding drove the price of them up. But it was worth it to have primers after Obama confiscated all the stuff. Wonder if Obama even knows what a primer is?

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bentaframe:
Where are the lefty trolls on the political forum. Why are they not giving voice to this ?

Mike Jines is probably scared to show his face as an anti Trump man.

The others, well they know nothing about guns so why would they care.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
coffee popcorn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is all just peachy. I plan on hunting lion next year. We'll see if the Communists let me import one should I be successful.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Very true. Some of us have to hold the line though. BOOM

Glad you do my friend.

I know we are at opposite ends as far as politics is concerned - I am not really sure I AGREE with anyone, politically, anyway.

I just have this undying love for politicians, I am an equal opportunity man. clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
This is all just peachy. I plan on hunting lion next year. We'll see if the Communists let me import one should I be successful.

Most likely not. If you into trophies spend your money elsewhere. Elections have consequences.

Biden is not good for African Hunting. Kind of irrelevant for us hunting.

Don’t own too many low dollar price ar or be prepared to stamp them.

Good time to own an ammo stock - but make sure to sell it cause all we are doing is massively moving forward ammo purchase.

There will be way too many guys sitting on hunting ammo shooting 10 rounds a year.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote