THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Will the new President continue to support banning the import of hunting trophies?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will the new President continue to support banning the import of hunting trophies?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm hunting anyway. And I'll sue. It's what I do for a living. Let the games begin.

Posts: 10000 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it comes to that, we may be able to turn discovery into a real circus.

Posts: 10000 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
I'm hunting anyway. And I'll sue. It's what I do for a living. Let the games begin.

You can do that and you won’t go anywhere and I am sure your billable hours in your specialized litigation are worth far more than getting up to speed on administrative law regarding wildlife import.

African hunting is social not considered a desirable activity - even outfitters blur images of clients. Real estate agents in most suburban areas will ask for taxidermy to be removed before putting house on market. Other than a few well to do people no one really give a f@ck about African hunting, trophy rooms or Weatherby awards.

Deer hunting ain’t the same - add up all the deer hunters in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania and comp that to Biden margin. No one is f@cking around with deer hunters.

African hunting is a sh@t business. It is dependent on a thin segment of society and its profitable survival is dependent on a election outcome and social media pressure. It is also seriously tainted socially and that ain’t changing in our lifetime regardless of who is elected president or the science supporting it.

It is what it is.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You seem to share my opinion that the entire Democratic Party is corrupt. While a lawsuit and discovery might not do me any good, I want to bring some sunshine to that corruptness.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You seem to share my opinion that the entire Democratic Party is corrupt. While a lawsuit and discovery might not do me any good, I want to bring some sunshine to that corruptness.

Give it a shot. It will be expensive but I really think if you want to litigate you want to do it under cities and treaties us government has signed. As you know you need a legal framework to properly litigate.

Biden won Wisconsin by 20k votes and it has 600k opening day hunters. End of day the corrupt politicians are solely focused on winning elections.

Interfering with voters is bad just like giving them free stuff is good. Why I think hunting is safe.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

Interfering with voters is bad just like giving them free stuff is good. Why I think hunting is safe.

Mike

Famous last words .... it won't happen ....

Those 600,000 shooters you mentioned in Wisconsin, how many of those are real keen shooters?

We have lots of gun laws in Australia that are very inconvenient with bolt action and also in some states prevent ownership of different calibres. We also have what s called a Permit to Acquire which is for buying another rifle or even a rebarrel. HOWEVER, the average shooter (the very large majority) could not care about these laws and plenty don't even know about the laws. They have their Howas in 223 and 308 with Tasco scopes and use the cheapest factory ammo they can buy. Permit to Acquire ... what the hell is that. These blokes are not buying 4 different riles in a year or doing rebarreling etc. They have had the same two Howas for 15 years.

Do you think they care about the legal problems in a couple of our states with owning 338 Lapua, 338/378, 458 Lott etc. They have never even heard of those calibres.

I bet a lot of restrictive laws could be introduced to Wisconsin deer hunting but the very large majority of that 600,000 shooters would not notice. THEN you bring on restrictions gradually so only a limited number of shooters are affected each time.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Americans have selective vision.

Each side only sees the criminal activities of the other side.

They never see that theirs is just as bad! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike McGuire:
quote:

Mike

Those 600,000 shooters you mentioned in Wisconsin, how many of those are real keen shooters?

We have lots of gun laws in Australia that are very inconvenient with bolt action and also in some states prevent ownership of different calibres. We also have what s called a Permit to Acquire which is for buying another rifle or even a rebarrel. HOWEVER, the average shooter (the very large majority) could not care about these laws and plenty don't even know about the laws. They have their Howas in 223 and 308 with Tasco scopes and use the cheapest factory ammo they can buy. Permit to Acquire ... what the hell is that. These blokes are not buying 4 different riles in a year or doing rebarreling etc. They have had the same two Howas for 15 years.

Do you think they care about the legal problems in a couple of our states with owning 338 Lapua, 338/378, 458 Lott etc. They have never even heard of those calibres.

I bet a lot of restrictive laws could be introduced to Wisconsin deer hunting but the very large majority of that 600,000 shooters would not notice. THEN you bring on restrictions gradually so only a limited number of shooters are affected each time.

You need to go smoke a cig and relax Big Grin

The 600k Wisconsin hunters dont stay up at night worrying about nfa or sbr rules, import of lions or elephants or why polar bears are protected.

A good many probably voted for biden.

They probably buy a box of ammo every other year but they like to hunt and buy a hunting license and go out on opening day.

They wear orange and follow the law.

Only an idiot would restrict 600k all over 18 and all eligible voters in a election won by 20k votes. But hey we are talking about the Democratic Party so there is always hope for imaginative idiocracy.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

The 600k Wisconsin hunters dont stay up at night worrying about nfa or sbr rules, import of lions or elephants or why polar bears are protected.

They probably buy a box of ammo every other year but they like to hunt and buy a hunting license and go out on opening day.

Only an idiot would restrict 600k all over 18 and all eligible voters in a election won by 20k votes. But hey we are talking about the Democratic Party so there is always hope for imaginative idiocracy.

Mike

You did read what I said. Check my post again andit covers very limited restriction but they can be big for a number of shooters. That is where it starts

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

Mike

You did read what I said. Check my post again andit covers very limited restriction but they can be big for a number of shooters. That is where it starts

First rule of rational politics - don’t interfere in voters life. At least the damn median voter’s life Wink

African hunting is irrelevant.

But there are damn lot of hunters in lots of us swing states and their votes matter.

Let’s come back here in 4 years and see how many restrictions there are on us hunters. I expect little to none. African Hunting is a whole other issue.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

Mike

First rule of rational politics - don’t interfere in voters life. At least the damn median voter’s life Wink

African hunting is irrelevant.

But there are damn lot of hunters in lots of us swing states and their votes matter.

Let’s come back here in 4 years and see how many restrictions there are on us hunters. I expect little to none. African Hunting is a whole other issue.

Mike

You are missing the whole point. You can bring in restrictions but initially they only affect the very keen guns/ammo shooters in that 600,000 deer shooters.

Like I said in my post that you did not read, most Australian shooter's are not affected by our gun laws except maybe one every 10 or 1 years when the buy another rifle.

You have Blasers so you are keen guns person. You said you don't reload so you are not keen guns and ammo. Do you know in Australia when the stuff was first coming in the Blasers would have gone. Reason: barrel changing. We were able to get that fixed, not specifically with Blasers but for switch barrel bolt actions and so the Blasers were also saved.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Mike McGuire,
I have been arguing with Beretta Mike for years now over this.

It boils down to this: You, I, David (lavaca) see the future and even against odds try to preserve our way of life...ie: fight for freedom.

Beretta Mike is happy to enjoy it while it lasts, willing to accept its demise, and unwilling to put up even the smallest battle to stave it off.

Mr. McGuire...save your breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36531 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane,

You certainly are correct there.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
MJines is one of those guys
Big time hunter and complete anti Trump, pro Biden guy...crazy world

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . being anti-Trump is not synonymous with being pro-Biden . . . not that you or McGuire would understand that. I suspect that many voters this year cast their vote “against” the opposing candidate as opposed to “for” a candidate. Pity this crap has to pollute the rarely used these days African Big Game Hunting forum.

Mike

Posts: 21200 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Mike McGuire,
I have been arguing with Beretta Mike for years now over this.

It boils down to this: You, I, David (lavaca) see the future and even against odds try to preserve our way of life...ie: fight for freedom.

Beretta Mike is happy to enjoy it while it lasts, willing to accept its demise, and unwilling to put up even the smallest battle to stave it off.

Mr. McGuire...save your breath.

Lane you sound like a Obama community organizer Big Grin

If you don’t have money you don’t have a way of life that involves

Quality firearms and optics
Hunting Africa or anywhere off public lands
Travel
Millions of other products offered in us (and rest off the world today)

Money is constrained - there are numerous consumer choices to choose from. For me Africa hunting has alternatives in hunting Europe or North American, fishing offshore or buying more blaser rifles. I have zero interest in trophies or taxidermy - so what Biden does has zero impact on me hunting Africa. I will go to Africa hunt and gladly leave trophies behind.

I will focus on making money and using that money to enjoy the way of life that the limited money offers. I take the world as given (it is what it is)and try to enjoy my life with as little interference from others as possible.

The conservation hunting does is a secondary effect of me hunting. I don’t get up at night and worry about conservation in Africa. If I did I would simply wire my hunting money over and sit at home. I go hunt Africa cause I like it. It’s a consumption choice for me for a discretionary recreational activity.

But I don’t go around worrying or focusing on changing the world or preserving the world. I will leave that to community organizers like Obama Wink

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Choosing between Trump and Biden is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
. . . being anti-Trump is not synonymous with being pro-Biden . . . not that you or McGuire would understand that. I suspect that many voters this year cast their vote “against” the opposing candidate as opposed to “for” a candidate. Pity this crap has to pollute the rarely used these days African Big Game Hunting forum.

You have made it clear many times you regard Trump supporters as uneducated low income filth.

You should check Democrat supporters.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The real issue has become over the last 10 years or so, African hunting trophy import regulation has move out of the world of science into the world of partisan politics.

What is scientific and resource management right has been replaced by politics.

It’s become a screw over a group or benefit a group - a binary outcome.

All policy is who is in political power and that is a shit outcome in a political system where executive rule making power changes every 4-8-12 years.

Given social media and general anti trophy hunting sentiment I don’t see it moving back into world of science and resource management.

Just learn to live with it.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
The real issue has become over the last 10 years or so, African hunting trophy import regulation has move out of the world of science into the world of partisan politics.

What is scientific and resource management right has been replaced by politics.

It’s become a screw over a group or benefit a group - a binary outcome.

All policy is who is in political power and that is a shit outcome in a political system where executive rule making power changes every 4-8-12 years.

Given social media and general anti trophy hunting sentiment I don’t see it moving back into world of science and resource management.

Just learn to live with it.

Mike

You hit the nail right on the head Mike!

I like the way some here are bending over for Trump, who called hunting a HORRTOR SHOW!

This incompetent, stupid, selfish IDIOT supported the ultra right to counter the ultra left.

And the people saw through him, and kicked his sorry arse out!

Posts: 66927 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane,

totally agree.

Mike,

I'm not a fatalist and will never give up.

Saeed,

Respectfully, I disagree. The American people have demonstrated once again only that the majority of them are idiots.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Respectfully, I disagree. The American people have demonstrated once again only that the majority of them are idiots.

Exactly!

No matter who they support, they ARE idiots.

Some don't seem to have seen how Trump was instrumental in this fiasco.

A stupid, selfish brainless IDIOT.

He used divisive policies to get more cheers from a bunsh of stupid right wing nuts.

And look where it has lead!

The winners are a bunch of selfish commies!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The divisiveness started with Obama. It was engineered by the democratic party. They want to divide this country and they count on the morons, who clearly are the majority.

Trump cut down on the government regulations, a good thing, he reigned in China, which was a good thing he increased jobs for all Americans, black and white, a good thing, the market responded positively, a good thing. How was that not a good Presidency and people want to turn it over to a geriatric person with dementia? Tell me how I can say the American people are not idiots?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow this all crapped the bed.

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
The divisiveness started with Obama. It was engineered by the democratic party. They want to divide this country and they count on the morons, who clearly are the majority.

Trump cut down on the government regulations, a good thing, he reigned in China, which was a good thing he increased jobs for all Americans, black and white, a good thing, the market responded positively, a good thing. How was that not a good Presidency and people want to turn it over to a geriatric person with dementia? Tell me how I can say the American people are not idiots?

Did Obama instruct Trump to continue the divisiveness? rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

That all started about 5 minutes after Trump was elected and the Democrats and mainstream media spent till the recent election trying to remove Trump. It was non stop. In fact you saw it unfold on a daily basis on the Political forum with the Mueller report, the Ukraine thing and the Impeachment. Nancy Pelosi up on stage at the State of the Union address tears up Trump's speech and she is the Speaker. It was never ending.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Trophies are the least of our worries. How about putting an end to America as we know it?

And to the extent that there is division, it was created by the democrats and fed by the media. Trump's mistake was antagonizing the media. I don't see where he divided anything domestically. He is a "nationalist" remember? You can't be a nationalist and be divisive at the same time. Yes, he divided us from China. And from illegals. How does a wall AROUND a country divide a country? It does not, unless you think the USA is not a country. But he tried to UNITE the USA. He was prevented from doing so by the democrats and tarred and feathered by the MEDIA.

What astounds me is that the gullible swallowed the propaganda hook, line and sinker. Now we are all on the hook. We need to wake up and get rid of these parasites in 2022 and 2024.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2927 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It really was a setup for 4 years and Covid was icing on the cake. 73 million plus Americans can see that. And 4 democratic cities turned the election in the dark of the night...Atlanta, Detroit, Philadelphia and Milwaukee. 4 very lousy cities. I could go on but Pretty sure Kamala and Biden and the host of big city liberals in the takeover of Government African trophy hunting will be under assault. 10 times worse than now. Guaranteed

quote:
quote:
quote:

That all started about 5 minutes after Trump was elected and the Democrats and mainstream media spent till the recent election trying to remove Trump. It was non stop. In fact you saw it unfold on a daily basis on the Political forum with the Mueller report, the Ukraine thing and the Impeachment. Nancy Pelosi up on stage at the State of the Union address tears up Trump's speech and she is the Speaker. It was never ending.

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Imagine if they ban the import of trophies from Africa?

Then we would not adapt? Take quality photographs as trophies, entertain realistic replicas, save some hard-earned cash, continue to feed the wanting communities, and continue to hunt the wild. Best of all we show a finger and carry on with our sport.

Nothing will stop me.

In fact, I am no longer keeping trophies.

I will hunt as long as my feet carry me.

Had a word with Alan a while back.

Missed our hunt this year, so might go on two hunts next year!

The biggest problem for folks from the USA is the president and his vice president both want to remove all firearms from law abiding citizens and crush them. With that in mind hunting will not be all that effects us here in the USA. One may not only not have anything to hunt with, but will not have a legal way to protect his home, and family from criminals.
Today, I have over ninety thousand dollars worth of legal firearms in my collection, and now have a permit to carry canceled firearms that I have had for many years to not only to protect myself and family, but that will go away as well while the criminals will still be armed.
This is the worse election outcome since I have been voting from age eighteen years of age till today and age of EIGHTY FOUR.
Gentlemen the second amendment was put into our constitution to keep the government honest. Hitler knew his first move to declare his place as king was to first disarm the citizenship.
SO GENTLEMEN, HUNTING IS THE SMALIST LOSE TO PEOPLE IN THE USA. 2020 oldMacD37

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:
What astounds me is that the gullible swallowed the propaganda hook, line and sinker.

Exactly ^^^

Including many hunters/shooters here on this forum.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36531 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trophies are the least of our worries. How about putting an end to America as we know it?

And to the extent that there is division, it was created by the democrats and fed by the media. Trump's mistake was antagonizing the media. I don't see where he divided anything domestically. He is a "nationalist" remember? You can't be a nationalist and be divisive at the same time. Yes, he divided us from China. And from illegals. How does a wall AROUND a country divide a country? It does not, unless you think the USA is not a country. But he tried to UNITE the USA. He was prevented from doing so by the democrats and tarred and feathered by the MEDIA.

What astounds me is that the gullible swallowed the propaganda hook, line and sinker. Now we are all on the hook. We need to wake up and get rid of these parasites in 2022 and 2024.

Well stated!

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
What astounds me is that the gullible swallowed the propaganda hook, line and sinker.

Exactly ^^^

Lane

Apart from on the Political Forum is there really many. I don't think there is any on Big Bores.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Exactly ^^^

Lane

Apart from on the Political Forum is there really many. I don't think there is any on Big Bores.

Well...maybe “many” is hyperbolic.

That said...I can think of 4 American regular posters here on Africa Hunting...that are Trump bashers.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Exactly ^^^

Lane

That said...I can think of 4 American regular posters here on Africa Hunting...that are Trump bashers.

Why does one have to support Trump if he is a hunter?

Trophy hunting has been under attack from every government.

Did Trump not call hunting a horror show??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I support the platform and not the man. I don't give a rip about the man or the words that come out of his mouth. But I do care about their policies, actions, and deeds while in office.

One political party has made their intentions clear - they want to restrict gun ownership and they want to attack my freedom to hunt. That's more than enough motivation for me. Others seem more concerned about their feelings. Fortunately, I don't suffer that problem.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Opus you are exactly right. Saeed does not understand that. I do not care if Trump thinks that all hunters are axe murderers just as long as he appoints pro hunting people and does not take action against hunting.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Exactly ^^^

Lane

Trump not going to touch guns...Biden-Harris will try for some gun control legislation.

Don Jr. is a hunter...unlikely to let father enact any anti-hunting legislation. Face it...99% of Democrats are anti Africa hunting and 45% of Republicans as well. Likely 75% of Democrats are against local deer hunting and 25% of Republicans as well.

Hunters have a bit of power with Republicans zero with Democrats.

Likely 99% of Democrats are against the public having semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns...less than 10% Republicans are.

It is pretty simple...if you hunt or shoot...keep Republicans in charge of as many branches as you can.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Exactly right, Lane. 100%.

I will never trust any candidate or government that does not trust me, and show me respect, as a gun owner.

And by the way, if any politician is so stupid as to be a supporter of gun control, just imagine the depths of his or her stupidity when it comes to other issues!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:

You have made it clear many times you regard Trump supporters as uneducated low income filth.

You should check Democrat supporters.

He certainly has done that!!

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Exactly ^^^

Lane

Trump not going to touch guns...Biden-Harris will try for some gun control legislation.

Don Jr. is a hunter...unlikely to let father enact any anti-hunting legislation. Face it...99% of Democrats are anti Africa hunting and 45% of Republicans as well. Likely 75% of Democrats are against local deer hunting and 25% of Republicans as well.

Hunters have a bit of power with Republicans zero with Democrats.

Likely 99% of Democrats are against the public having semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns...less than 10% Republicans are.

It is pretty simple...if you hunt or shoot...keep Republicans in charge of as many branches as you can.

Exactly Doc! Well stated!