THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    What if a hunter does cancel due to the virus?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What if a hunter does cancel due to the virus?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a strange world completely unimaginable 3 months ago.

No real international air travel - mainly getting citizens home

International borders shut down

N.Y. and California under curfew.

Massive government intervention

Financial markets in free fall around the world

Eventually it will pass. Enough plagues and financially crashes have passed for humanity to move along.

But if in the next 12-18 months ones business or livelihood depends on discretionary consumer dollars that require long haul air traveler to third world countries things can get tight.

In the us and other developed countries the government is going to throw dollars to cushion (or try too) the economic blow. Who does it in zim.

Some clients will go back but many will hold off in these uncertain times.

These are interesting if very strange and terrifying times.

Want to know who it is terrifying for. The neighbors in my beach condo.

Half the condo is retired older folk. They are terrified being in a world of covid where they can have a 10 plus percent fatality risk. How many would hunt buffalo or elephant if one in ten died in the endeavor?

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I may be naive but I just can't get terrified about Corona Virus even though I'm 71 and evidently at higher risk. I also don't believe the safari industry is done because of the virus. I think if we go back not too far you find countries with complete shutdowns of the hunting that rebounded nicely once hunting was reopened.

I do wish I could find some f___ing toilet paper though. What are people doing with it??????????

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12861 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
“I agree with you that if the outfitter DID NOT want to make an alternative date then the money should be returned.”

Alfredo:

You are spot on!

Working together is the best solution. I wish these Outfitters and PH’s the best.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:
“I agree with you that if the outfitter DID NOT want to make an alternative date then the money should be returned.”

Alfredo:

You are spot on!

Working together is the best solution. I wish these Outfitters and PH’s the best.

Same here, and for me it couldn’t have gone any smoother....we set a tentative alternative date

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alfredo C:
quote:

Alfredo:

You are spot on!

Same here, and for me it couldn’t have gone any smoother....we set a tentative alternative date

Alfredo: That is great to hear and I hope you have a great hunt!

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do wish I could find some f___ing toilet paper though. What are people doing with it??????????

For a man from Alaska and Cody, Wyoming, I'd think that you'd be somewhat resourceful! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Alfredo C:
quote:

Alfredo:

You are spot on!

Alfredo: That is great to hear and I hope you have a great hunt!

Thank you SO MUCH!

If I ever make it thereWink

I think that by the time things calm down around the world, Africa will be at the height of it with essentially no medical care

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
quote:

For a man from Alaska and Cody, Wyoming, I'd think that you'd be somewhat resourceful! rotflmo

Sears and Roebuck catalogs.

Posts: 10805 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SCORE! found 6 rolls Quilted Northern at an out of the way Smith's. Now I can sleep tonight knowing I still have my bush craft.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12861 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:

Mark

Every home I own has a Toto washlet toilet in it. Heated seats, warm water, dryer etc., etc.. Well, worth the $$$

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike,

I may be naive but I just can't get terrified about Corona Virus even though I'm 71 and evidently at higher risk. I also don't believe the safari industry is done because of the virus. I think if we go back not too far you find countries with complete shutdowns of the hunting that rebounded nicely once hunting was reopened.

Mark

African hunting is not done - one just has to live in the reality of a brutal economic, travel and tourism world.

One will need to keep costs down and survive to make it a thru a tough 18 months.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
SCORE! found 6 rolls Quilted Northern at an out of the way Smith's. Now I can sleep tonight knowing I still have my bush craft.

Mark

Damn, I was too slow...

Was gonna ask you what you’d trade for a case of TP from Costco. dancing

Posts: 3851 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will we be able to buy our malaria meds? PELOSI will not approve your purchase!

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
One will need to keep costs down and survive to make it a thru a tough 18 months.

We are handing back our quotas and will there will be no bargains this year unless you want to end up on the arse end of a ventilator?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9860 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just back from a wonderful lion tracking hunt in the Valley- successful but cut short due the dreaded corona!

For those of you that think that your deposit is simply held by operators and that if returned the operators have incurred no loss then think about this- I AM SURE THERE ARE MANY OTHER OPERATORS LIKE US WHO HAVE INCURRED THE BELOW UNRECOVERABLE COSTS ALSO

1/ US$150000 RIGHT TO HUNT FEE- PAYED TO RECEIVE THE QUOTA FOR 2020
2/ $20000 SOCIAL FUNDS TO COMMUNITIES
3/$110000 ANNUAL COSTS OF RUNNING DAPU
4/$150000 used already to open all roads and 5 camps

So what is CMS doing about possible hunt cancellations.

1/ Trying to reschedule hunts to later in the year- most clients have been brilliant about this
2/Rolling the hunt to the following year if we cannot find a suitable later date
3/Returning deposits as a last resort as our contract says "if you cannot fly to Zim we will reimburse in full."

The main point I wanted to make is to correct many of you that think we as operators would not loose financially should we return the deposits if the hunt was not to happen- in reality many operators may not get through to next season if we do not recover the above costs!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
Eish! Apparently, I am an outlier.

After hunting Zimbabwe for four consecutive years, I decided to hunt closer to home this year so I didn't book a Zimbabwe hunt.

As the pandemic began to take it's financial toll on the hunting industry in Southern Africa, I decided to book a 10-day hunt for late August/early September of 2021.

Although I hadn't given the 2021 hunting season any thoughts prior to the pandemic, I wanted to financially help my PH and his family during these difficult times.

I advised my PH to pencil me in for the late August/early September 2021 time period and if my slot was needed to accommodate a 2020 hunt cancellation, please feel free to shift my hunt slot accordingly (and if necessary, even pushing back the hunt to 2022).

In addition, I asked my PH to forward his trackers' full names to my attention so that I can wire them some funds.

Unfortunately, the Western Unions located in Zimbabwe are closed at this time due to the nation wide lock-down but the funds will be available to the trackers once the Western Unions re-open for business.

My PH, his family, and his trackers have treated me like family for the past 4-years and they have had my back during my adventures (and misadventures) during my previous four hunts.

I am over 60 years of age, suffer from mild asthma, and occasionally experience irregular heartbeat.

According to the medical doctors, I am considered a high risk should I develop the virus.

If I don't live long enough to enjoy either the 2021 or 2022 hunt, my only request to my PH is to shoot one of those stink dawgs on my behalf and then have the team toast my memory.

Cheers and please carry on shamwaris. beer

PS - My PH's initials are not MS. Wink

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote