New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCI exhibitor (long shot)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know this is a long shot but thought I’d ask.

I spoke with a guide at the SCI show that is booking black bear hunts. My friend is really interested in booking a hunt with him.

I realize there may be more than one Cali guide. If you know of this guide, please let me know.

Thanks!

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://s23.a2zinc.net/clients...blic/exhibitors.aspx

List of exhibitors. Could maybe search species or location to shorten the list.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Why would you go to California to hunt Black Bears??
You have great Bears in Utah... and big monsters in BC and Alberta... Alaska!! And we have good bears in Washington State... not many good outfitters... but almost self guided on some of the Reservations on the coast...

470EDDY

Posts: 2539 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
California has really great bear hunting.

Tons of bears.

They won't be able to hunt them within 10 years, but they still have them.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
California has really great bear hunting.

Tons of bears.

They won't be able to hunt them within 10 years, but they still have them.

Salt Creek drainage has many bears. The real problem is the idiots (Bay Area/Los Angeles) managed to out law the use of dogs.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3013 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 460 wby shooter
posted Hide Post
I believe at one time the largest bear ever killed by Hunter was from California!

Posts: 817 | Location: jimtown ND | Registered: 21 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Metal:

Thank you for that.

Eddy:

I have hunted bear in Utah but it’s a draw only state and it is difficult to draw a tag.

I am not hunting in California. I am helping a friend out as he is looking to hunt there.

I am hunting in Alberta this May.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I only spoke with one CA outfitter, interested in Boar hunts to practice with my double rifles. He wanted $2500 for one boar on a 3 day hunt!! I walked on... they used to be varmints and you could shoot all you could get in range....last hunt was $900...The Good Ol Days!!

I know, BEAR on the CA Flag... Big Bear State...

CheerZ,

470EDDY

Posts: 2539 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$2,500 for a boar? Wow, I guess what’s good for some is not for others. 1 Feral ‘Trophy’ ha ha….

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
The outfitter with the expensive Boar hunts is OAKSTONE OUTFITTERS, PasoRobles. He only offers Boar, Tule Elk and Blacktail Deer on a large local ranch.
I did pick up one other brochure, LOCKWOOD HUNTING SERVICES up in Mendocino County. They only offer Boar and Blacktail Deer.
I googled Black Bear Hunting in California to see if I could cross reference any outfitters to the SCI EXHIBITORS list... no luck, but a number of outfitters came up. Here is the link- https://www.google.com/search?...mobile&ie=UTF-8#ip=1

Good Luck!!

470EDDY

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, more research-
Central Coast Outfitters, Santa Maria
Multiple Use Managers, Humboldt County

Both were also at SCI, and websites offer Black Bear.
I know MUM from years ago in developing hunting in various places, including Catalina Island.

There are some real good offerings in the link I sent. Be careful to go directly to outfitters and not agents. I will also chat with Brian Greig, brother of well known late Cam Greig Africa PH in Cameroon, and owners of BOMBAZI WILDERNESS on the East Cape of So.Af. They live in CA and hunted it extensively. They may have some good feedback??

CheerZ,

470EDDY