New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is This Billboard Real?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Uhuru was written nearly 60 years ago, before Kennedy was assasinated.. As I recall, It was a historical fiction characterizing the uprising of citizens of a British Colony in Africa, Kenya. It may not be that relevant to the discussion of one of todays fake new reports.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crane:
Victor- I have to respectively disgree with the rankings listed in the "Reporters Without borders" website. Anyone reading international news(web or print) on a regular basis would as well. My point is that over the last 10-15 years the Black on White violence in RSA has not been well covered with the exception of the odd, sensationalized piece that will cover a front page somewhere, then disappear. My assumption was that it was in some manner suppressed. Am I wrong there?

Don't try to get them out of their dream.

South Africa has as much press freedom as the safety of the white individuals and families who are targets of a "democratically" elected ex-terrorists government.

Joberg is not the only place that I know people who have been at teh wrong end of crimes.

And living in a barbed wire and security protected compound is not enough either.

I have had friends who have had their homes broken into, and their cars smashed up, in these compounds.

I am sure these crimes will stop.

As soon as the criminals are caught, and severely punished!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66726 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slim buttes:
Arrogant ignorance is the worst. Considering slaves in Lincoln's era were not African, but born in the USA. Calling most of the responses and OP racist is too easy to deflect. This is pure ignorance.

AR has proven again to be a safe place to be ignorant-- and proud of it.

And the truly sad part is that others don't call out this. Just saying

You can be born wherever you wish but your origins will never change.

Like it or not and there is nothing racist about it, Afro-Americans are descendants from the slaves that were exported to the Americas from West Africa.

Posts: 1864 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Canada:
Uhuru was written nearly 60 years ago, before Kennedy was assasinated.. As I recall, It was a historical fiction characterizing the uprising of citizens of a British Colony in Africa, Kenya. It may not be that relevant to the discussion of one of todays fake new reports.

The Mau Mau Rebellion perhaps?

The atrocities being meted out to white farmers in RSA are very similar with the methods used by the Mau Mau - nothing short of barbaric.

You guys who disbelieve ought to google "South Africa White Farmer killings" - be sure you can take what you will see.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

The atrocities being meted out to white farmers in RSA are very similar with the methods used by the Mau Mau - nothing short of barbaric.

You guys who disbelieve ought to google "South Africa White Farmer killings" - be sure you can take what you will see.

Don't you start all these rumors of racially motivated, government support crimes in South Africa!

They do not exist!

Otherwise they would be reported in the free press supported by the freely elected government! rotflmo

Posts: 66726 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fulvio, You make good point. I am very up to date on the White Farm Killings.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, Good point.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Or maybe just made up bs.

You will better off reading both New York Times and Washington Post reporting August 18th 2018 on the issue with actual facts. I would post the links but Saeed’s rules are no links that go to be paid subscription news services.

https://africacheck.org/factsh...-attacks-murders-sa/

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fulvio:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brian Canada:

Just picked this up on FB and of course it must be bullshit:

"I put this on Facebook so people can understand why South Africa is such a violent place. This is my friend of 53 years, Herman Scoltz. He was stabbed to death in his house last night. We grew up together, went to school together and stayed friends our whole life. He was a gentle soul and a gentleman. The person that stabbed him 4 times in the chest worked for him for 26 years. Herman put this guy's children through school and college. Cared for his familie and still he stabbed him 4 times in the chest at 3am in the morning. Herman traveled the whole of Africa for his work to see that peole get good health care, which most people will consider dangerous but Herman was killed in his own house in Pretoria the capital of South Africa".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fulvio:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brian Canada:

Just picked this up on FB and of course it must be bullshit:

"I put this on Facebook so people can understand why South Africa is such a violent place. This is my friend of 53 years, Herman Scoltz. He was stabbed to death in his house last night. We grew up together, went to school together and stayed friends our whole life. He was a gentle soul and a gentleman. The person that stabbed him 4 times in the chest worked for him for 26 years. Herman put this guy's children through school and college. Cared for his familie and still he stabbed him 4 times in the chest at 3am in the morning. Herman traveled the whole of Africa for his work to see that peole get good health care, which most people will consider dangerous but Herman was killed in his own house in Pretoria the capital of South Africa".

Murder in us

https://www.statista.com/stati...-in-the-us-by-state/

You can find enough tragic stories to cover nearly every scenario in the us data.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On the other hand, here is a list of murder rates by country. The RSA ranks #6

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...tentional_death_rate

Posts: 11905 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

It is a violent country just like Brazil. But this whole white farmer genocide is not backed by the data

https://www.theguardian.com/wo...r-low-research-shows

Would I go around Jberg -no cause I don’t know the lay of the land and it is not London. Same way as I won’t go unguided around Sao Paulo.

I would not be afraid to walk around Harare but I would be terrified to invest in Zimbabwe. I would not be terrified to invest in South Africa can’t say the same thing about Saudi Arabia or Russia.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe you should try reading something written by a South African rather than relying on the U.S. press?
Here’s a good place to start. Has all the “data” you need:-
“Kill The Boer: Government Complicity In South Africa’s Brutal Farm Murders.” By Ernst Roest. Available through Amazon. If that doesn’t change your opinion then you must be truly ignorant.

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Anyone who believes the level of crime in SouthAfrica is normal has head in the sand!

We have a very large number of South Africans working and living here, and every single one of them either has had personal expetof crime or knows someone who has.

And I could not careless what anyone thinks, this level of crime can only be sustained by government complicity!

one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend who is a police in SA said over the last 25 years 370000 white farmers have been murders by blacks there .Thry do very little to them when they do it . They also said if you leave your house and blacks occupy it 24 hours you can't throw them out .It will be the same way here in less than 20 years .

Posts: 2531 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You will better off reading both New York Times and Washington Post reporting August 18th 2018 on the issue with actual facts. I would post the links but Saeed’s rules are no links that go to be paid subscription news services.

Mike

If you have the balls to open the link go for it:

https://www.pinterest.com/drea...arm-murders/?lp=true

https://www.google.com/search?...in+south+africa&safe

(click images)

And once you are done, go have your dinner.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Anyone who believes the level of crime in SouthAfrica is normal has head in the sand!

We have a very large number of South Africans working and living here, and every single one of them either has had personal expetof crime or knows someone who has.

And I could not careless what anyone thinks, this level of crime can only be sustained by government complicity!

I agree that there must be some level of government complicity for a simple reason. The World Cup.

When the World Cup came to the RSA, I thought , great. Now the world will see what has happened to this country. Much to my surprise, there was little crime. Now how did that happen? I can only think of one reason.

Posts: 11905 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I agree that there must be some level of government complicity for a simple reason. The World Cup.

When the World Cup came to the RSA, I thought , great. Now the world will see what has happened to this country. Much to my surprise, there was little crime. Now how did that happen? I can only think of one reason.

Great minds think alike!

I have been saying during that World Cup, as we watched all the matches.

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Whites in RSA were much better off when Mandela was President. The farm murders are not something you will see on your Safari Brochure. Africans do not like to talk about it with their clients. Bad for business. It seems to me that there is always a tension that you can feel between the blacks and whites in RSA. I do not fell the same tension in Botswanna or Zimbabwe. I am sure it is there but discernment lead me to believe otherwise.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

Yeah, New York Times and Washington Post! Two bastions of reporting the news straight up without bias or agenda!

That's quite laughable to be honest.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

Yeah, New York Times and Washington Post! Two bastions of reporting the news straight up without bias or agenda!

Find anyone else with actual data and facts to refute them Wink

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

Mike

Mike, best data is what people who have connections there tell us.

Reminds me of friends from Uruguay!

He said if you gather 100 people, you will be lucky to find a couple who have not been involved in crime, or personally know someone who has.

South Africa is the only country I personally know several people who have been victims of crime.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bushchook- Thanks for that. Will get it.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

Mike

Mike, best data is what people who have connections there tell us.

Reminds me of friends from Uruguay!

He said if you gather 100 people, you will be lucky to find a couple who have not been involved in crime, or personally know someone who has.

South Africa is the only country I personally know several people who have been victims of crime.

I get it Saeed - it’s in the data South Africa is a high crime country.

But it has been a high crime country for a long time and none of the trends are any different.

It is also the largest most developed economy in Southern Africa with sovereign credit spreads at sub 300 bps. It’s not a financial basket case like zim or moz.

If there is this great white genocide why is it not in the reported crime data, in property prices, in financial markets or government bonds ?

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Mike, you simply are delusional my friend.

I'll not delve further into the "buying into" of every new trend and crisis the media tells us we should be concerned about. BTW, Did you see today that Beto O'Rourke is saying the earth is going to end in 12 years due to a climate catastrophe? Seems that 12 year goal post has been pushed into the next 12 years for at least a decade now. Didn't that start 20 years or more ago with Gore saying there would be no more snow on Kilimanjaro in 12 years? I digress. In fact Beto said yesterday at his first presidential campaign stop, that the climate catastrophe will render much of the earth unsuitable for habitation causing an immigration crisis for the USA. He says it will make the current immigration crisis pale in comparison, but is quick to point out he doesn't believe today's immigration crisis is really a crisis. You can't make this stuff up. I dare you to even try! But I digress again. By the way, how does an Irish guy named Robert O'Rourke get the hispanic nickname Beto? Sorry, sorry, I digress again. No agenda there. Stop it now, back to the topic at hand. Wait, isn't THAT the topic at hand after all. Fake news?

There is plenty of evidence of the main stream media's bias and agenda. And the fact that the social justice warrior types, typical of the UN supporter ilk, view RSA as THE blueprint for "fixing" historical racial inequities of our forefathers, falls right in line with those biases.

Setting that aside, taking the articles you've linked to in this thread, the second one links you to a report claiming widespread underreporting of farm attacks and murders. Hints at suppressing the actual numbers because it doesn't fit the public face RSA is trying to push. Did you not read that one as well, or just did you just stop at the point your opinion is challenged? I wonder why underreporting these types of violent attacks would be important. Couldn't be that it would affect investment in the country, a topic near and dear to your heart. Could it?

Setting aside the possibility of underreporting as well, I find it odd you would think 400+ farm "attacks" and 70 or so farm "murders" per year over the past 20 years or so is anything but abhorrent! These are the numbers your links reported. Yeah, there are violence issues in other countries as well but are you really denying there is a specific type of violence being perpetrated on white farmers in RSA by equivocating other violence issues such as black on black shootings in south Chicago? And BTW, why doesn't the main stream media report more on that issue? Don't those "Black Lives Matter" as well? I would think they do. Or why doesn't the main stream media report on the Obama / Holder sponsored program that prevented the Parkland school shooter from being locked up on one of the 20 plus visits the cops made to his house prior to the shooting? You don't think it's because the media is more interested in pushing the gun control mantra than really digging into the real issues, do you?

Nah, couldn't be that the media doesn't tell us the truth. Couldn't be that the media has a bias that causes them to focus on stories that can be used to flame support for their agenda and suppress stories that would work against those agendas. Could it? Nah. The press is "free" to report on what they want to. But is what they want to report on the whole truth, or more likely, half truths. Maybe ask the Washington Post or New York Times to investigate themselves on the issue of media bias! That should be good for another laugh or two, if it weren't so sad.

coffee

One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgr416:
A friend who is a police in SA said over the last 25 years 370000 white farmers have been murders by blacks there .Thry do very little to them when they do it . They also said if you leave your house and blacks occupy it 24 hours you can't throw them out .It will be the same way here in less than 20 years .

Respectfully your friend probably meant 370,000 people murdered in SA in the last 20 years. Unless you made a typo in your post. One person is too many and it’s a high murder rate but the fact is the murder rate per capita is far higher in the non-white population. There are 5 million whites in SA and 45 million people of other races. We are only 38000 farmers, some black and mostly white. We like to think we’re resilient to live and farm here but we can only die once! The exact figure is hard to come by but over the course of last year it was 67 people from rural areas, of which 42 were documented to be white farmers. It’s tragic and is a big problem but I still think it’s important to be accurate in the facts.

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris
Email: info@karoowildsafaris.co.za
Cell: (+27) 721894588
www.karoowildsafaris.co.za

Posts: 382 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike, you simply are delusional my friend.

I'll not delve further into the "buying into" of every new trend and crisis the media tells us we should be concerned about. BTW, Did you see today that Beto O'Rourke is saying the earth is going to end in 12 years due to a climate catastrophe? Seems that 12 year goal post has been pushed into the next 12 years for at least a decade now. Didn't that start 20 years or more ago with Gore saying there would be no more snow on Kilimanjaro in 12 years? I digress. In fact Beto said yesterday at his first presidential campaign stop, that the climate catastrophe will render much of the earth unsuitable for habitation causing an immigration crisis for the USA. He says it will make the current immigration crisis pale in comparison, but is quick to point out he doesn't believe today's immigration crisis is really a crisis. You can't make this stuff up. I dare you to even try! But I digress again. By the way, how does an Irish guy named Robert O'Rourke get the hispanic nickname Beto? Sorry, sorry, I digress again. No agenda there. Stop it now, back to the topic at hand. Wait, isn't THAT the topic at hand after all. Fake news?

There is plenty of evidence of the main stream media's bias and agenda. And the fact that the social justice warrior types, typical of the UN supporter ilk, view RSA as THE blueprint for "fixing" historical racial inequities of our forefathers, falls right in line with those biases.

Setting that aside, taking the articles you've linked to in this thread, the second one links you to a report claiming widespread underreporting of farm attacks and murders. Hints at suppressing the actual numbers because it doesn't fit the public face RSA is trying to push. Did you not read that one as well, or just did you just stop at the point your opinion is challenged? I wonder why underreporting these types of violent attacks would be important. Couldn't be that it would affect investment in the country, a topic near and dear to your heart. Could it?

Setting aside the possibility of underreporting as well, I find it odd you would think 400+ farm "attacks" and 70 or so farm "murders" per year over the past 20 years or so is anything but abhorrent! These are the numbers your links reported. Yeah, there are violence issues in other countries as well but are you really denying there is a specific type of violence being perpetrated on white farmers in RSA by equivocating other violence issues such as black on black shootings in south Chicago? And BTW, why doesn't the main stream media report more on that issue? Don't those "Black Lives Matter" as well? I would think they do. Or why doesn't the main stream media report on the Obama / Holder sponsored program that prevented the Parkland school shooter from being locked up on one of the 20 plus visits the cops made to his house prior to the shooting? You don't think it's because the media is more interested in pushing the gun control mantra than really digging into the real issues, do you?

Nah, couldn't be that the media doesn't tell us the truth. Couldn't be that the media has a bias that causes them to focus on stories that can be used to flame support for their agenda and suppress stories that would work against those agendas. Could it? Nah. The press is "free" to report on what they want to. But is what they want to report on the whole truth, or more likely, half truths. Maybe ask the Washington Post or New York Times to investigate themselves on the issue of media bias! That should be good for another laugh or two, if it weren't so sad.

coffee

If there is this massive risk underlying south Africa why have the financial markets completely over looked it. This is not newspaper reporting bias or political ideology or fake news. This is rational economics actors investing capital.

Government sovereign spreads show same risk of default as Brazil or Russia.

No collapse in the stock market

https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/JALSH:IND

Property prices declining but mainly due to over construction

https://www.businessinsider.co...en-since-2016-2018-8

Farm prices are declining

https://www.bloomberg.com/news...eform-change-drought

But nothing at firesale prices

https://www.century21global.co...outh-Africa?pageNo=1

Would I invest in South Africa - probably never in my lifetime. But I don’t invest in emerging markets or international or outside the US.

But one thing I respect is markets and they normally handicap risk pretty well. One can argue about climate change all one wants - market is pricing it in.

https://www.wsj.com/graphics/c...mate-change-worries/

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You should buy cds protection on south Africa Wink

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Mike

2020 2020

Mike, you do realize there are world events and issues not measurable through an investment perspective, right?

coffee

one of us
posted Hide Post
The investment climate is just great in RSA. Until it's not.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I will not invest a single penny in any African country!

Let alone South Africa or Zimbabwe!

Well, I might if they accept Zim Dollars clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe a couple of cluster bombs will help change their minds. sick bastards.

Posts: 205 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will not invest a single penny in any African country!

Let alone South Africa or Zimbabwe!

Well, I might if they accept Zim Dollars clap

That is apart from the Selous my friend!

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9846 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Mike

Mike...I'm not sure the financial markets haven't baked that in to some extent, but more likely are not fully in tune to some extent.
But...to your point, I think they also know something we don't.
With the reigning political party constantly threatening to amend the constitution to confiscate land...I have been quite surprised there hasn't been a collapse.
I would say the fundamentals you site are perhaps one news story away from collapse (but again that doesn't seem as baked in as you would think if likely)

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

New Zealand just ticked up quite a bit today u fortunately from .9

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
FWIW just half way through Bushchook's reading suggestion of Kill The Boer, by Roest. Interesting read with lot's of charts and graphs. My executive summary at the half way point is that the RSA government has a significant degree of complicity in the situation. Surely worth a look for those who regularly travel to RSA.