Find
Notify
Tools

Balla Balla in Zambia any good?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I notice they are moderately active on the Africa Hunting forum.

Probably over analyzing this entire process, have about 30 choices in 4 countries I am trying to narrow it down a bit. Now that I know I get to bachlor bull on this trip.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
I notice they are moderately active on the Africa Hunting forum.

Probably over analyzing this entire process, have about 30 choices in 4 countries I am trying to narrow it down a bit. Now that I know I get to bachlor bull on this trip.

It is fenced and if Zambia was on your list then I would look at free-range. There are many good deals to be had in both Zambia and Zimbabwe. Another tip I will give you is to try and book directly with a PH rather than an operator.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9865 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with them and enjoyed it. I would hunt with them again. You can PM if you have questions.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Seth,

You need to nail down your in country budget and what animals you can hunt within that budget. That will narrow down your search.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andrew,

I'm not following your statement about booking with a PH rather than a safari operator. I suppose that would apply if a hunter thinks that hunting with a particular free lance PH is priority one but I don't see any upside other than that.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted there in 2019. LivingTheDream1 and I were the last 2 hunters of the year. Our hunt report can be found here: https://www.africahunting.com/...balla-safaris.53377/
We had a good time. We were well treated and had a good time. If you have time to read our hunt report and them I'm happy to answer any questions.
Bruce

Posts: 372 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting that!

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
On my last safari (October of 2019) I wanted to hunt a place without any fences. I hate fences.I also hate opening gates! Mad I did an affordable group hunt with Andrew and Richard in Zambia. Perfect - for me!
I believe the concession was a million acres.

For me ... it worked! If only I could find such a deal in Mozambique or Botswana.. Big Grin

Posts: 1534 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn bucket lists ... Smiler tu2

Posts: 1534 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Balla Balla in 2016, and had a great time. Shot a buff, sable, puku, and duiker. Saw lots of game. After I shot the Buff, Dene had villagers brought over to do traditional singing and dance. My wife's favorite part of the hunt.

On the con side:

- Their properties are fenced, if that bothers you.

- They didn't trust their own staff. Locked up all the rifles when not in use.

- They did not want us tipping their staff, including the tracker. I slipped the tracker some money anyway.

- I think they raised the sable and released them when mature. We didn't see any immature bulls or females in the field.

Posts: 6094 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote