Find
Notify
Tools

New book from Wayne Grant
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted
I was chatting with Wayne last evening. He informed me he has a new book coming out very soon. It's a Lion hunting book.

I've seen some threads lately where folks are looking for African hunting books.

I read a couple chapters while we were hunting last year.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess the name of the book would help.

"Drums of the Morning"

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need to read into the thorns again!! Its a great book, I will be watching for this one for sure

Posts: 1012 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will watch for this. When is it out? Have a lion trip next year.

Posts: 9944 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:

You don’t need a book for that.

Just in the middle of the chest! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66695 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Soon. When Wayne shares the launch with me, I'll report back.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just now asked him on Whatsapp. He said beginning of January.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

I know where to shoot them, just like reading about hunting them. There aren't a whole lot of good lion hunting books out there.

Posts: 9944 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed,

I know where to shoot them, just like reading about hunting them. There aren't a whole lot of good lion hunting books out there.

I was kidding.

I enjoyed his last book, and look forward to reading this one too.

I love reading books on hunting.

Some are very good, some are reasonably good, others are just plain silly.

I have a library of these books that spans hundreds of years.

Some of the old books are real eye openers - both in fact, and FICTION! clap

Posts: 66695 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Steve,
Is Wayne living in the states now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36375 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Steve,
Is Wayne living in the states now?

Lane -

Nope, Still a displaced Zimbo living in RSA. I think he's moved from his place in the cape though. Not sure. I only Whatsapp with him and he's not long winded.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agree on the old books. They are entertaining, but they generally ascribe human motive, reasoning and emotion to animals. All game animals are cunning, but in my limited experience, only elephant are capable of something I'd call reasoned thought. That said, the cats can confound you to the point that you wonder.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Wayne's one cool cat. (No pun intended) I met him in Vic Falls the year that I shot my leopard killing leopard with PH John Hunt, and the three of us shared the story and the possibilities behind it. He kindly autographed my copy of "Into The Thorns". An accomplished leopard expert for sure. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I greatly enjoyed his Leopard book, Into The Thorns. Wish him another successful launch of his latest work!

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reading about lions...I'm in!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:

Whatever you read, it never comes even close to what you experience!

Last year, one attacked our blind in the dark, missed Roy by no more than 6 inches!

Tore holes in it.

Shot him the next afternoon.

He was looking straight at the blind when he came to the bait.

Second one we followed, caught lying a few yards away across a clearing.

I don't thing he would have needed more than a couple of jumps to get to us.

Shot him as he stood up.

I could write a book about our lions hunts, be more of a comedy show than hunting! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Funny this thread came back up. I was just now chatting with Wayne on WhatsApp.

He’s planning on coming to America on a “book tour” since SCI got chopped.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
The last Lion I shot we had already packed up to leave for the airport in the morning. He hit a bait that we dropped near the camp and was calling all night. We walked him up and after a few heart-stopping moments we managed to shoot him. No time to celebrate.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9842 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:

Whatever you read, it never comes even close to what you experience!

Last year, one attacked our blind in the dark, missed Roy by no more than 6 inches!

Tore holes in it.

Shot him the next afternoon.

He was looking straight at the blind when he came to the bait.

Second one we followed, caught lying a few yards away across a clearing.

I don't thing he would have needed more than a couple of jumps to get to us.

Shot him as he stood up.

I could write a book about our lions hunts, be more of a comedy show than hunting! clap

Very true my friend...experiences are unrivaled for sure! I think everyone here would love to get a copy of your book, if you'd ever write one?! tu2

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:

Hopefully Wayne makes it over, his Leopard book is a great read

Posts: 1012 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agree. Nothing you read compares to personal experience, but still like to read about it from those with so much more experience. Close encounters with lions have to be among my greatest experiences. you've got to respect them and they scare me to bloody hell. Which is why I love hunting them.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gale Johnson:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:

Hopefully Wayne makes it over, his Leopard book is a great read

Yes, I enjoyed that one, and look forward to reading this one too.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Copied from a email from Wayne Grant.

Hello to all the Readers who purchased Into the Thorns

My new book Drums of the Morning will be released in January 2021 – the price is US$ 130.00 and postage to be paid by the purchaser. Drums of the Morning is primarily about lion hunting and lion conservation issues. but also talks about growing up in Rhodesia and my time spent in the Rhodesian Army

Covid has cast quite a spell over our lives and for those of you who love hunting books maybe this will lift your spirits! It is another hefty book weighing in at 3.3 pounds. Shipping within the USA normal mail is 10.00 – if you want anything else we will have to find out about it.

You pre-book by e-mailing drumsofthemorning@gmail.com. I am not sure how many Americans use PayPal but if you do you can pay by using the drumsofthemorning@gmail.com e-mail address. If you don’t have PayPal we will have to find a plan B.

Kind Regards

Wayne

Formerly "Nganga"

one of us
posted Hide Post
I look forward to reading his book.

Cheers, Steve

Posts: 153 | Location: Riverside, CA Lake Havasu, AZ | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote