Find
Notify
Tools

Where is Ivan Carter?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted
I just watched Ivan Carter in W.A.R. what happened to him?

Posts: 2320 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I heard he moved to the Bahamas. If so, then I hope he and his are safe.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan now lives in South Africa. He and his foundation are still working hard on several projects (we were sat one of his projects in the Congo up until yesterday). His home in the Bahamas received very minor damage to roof and he has a new show starting very soon, info will be coming out shortly.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Good to hear he’s still at it. He’s a good dude.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
He and his foundation post regularly on Facebook.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear. Thanks you Mr. Evans.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Hes always working on his foundation in MOZAMBIQUE ,with Dick Cabelas ,the DSC ,Richard Cheatham and several good people ,thay are doing a magnificient work on Coservation specialy lion conservation .You can follow his work on fb on ZAMBEZE DELTA CONSERVATION AND ANTIPOACHING .
Cheers dr Pozzi

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's very much on the move these days, different places, different projects. Good use for FB is to follow him. Some really good material.

Posts: 408 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ivan will be speaking at the DSC monthly meeting in October for any of you who are in the North Texas area. Link below has more information.

DSC October Monthly Meeting

Posts: 307 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
That's great!!!

Posts: 2320 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
I’ve always really liked Ivan’s different programs, but I’ve always thought he was a little too nonchalant around elephants. While 95% of elephants he is able to correctly read their body language, it’s the 5% of elephants that are either cheeky or downright nasty that may severely harm him. When I see him turn his back on an elephant at under 25 yards, I hold my breathe.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1381 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Bud, I always said that, it smelled like circus, what he was doing back then. Bit silly and somewhat irresponsible, but I get the fact that it was selling...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ve always really liked Ivan’s different programs, but I’ve always thought he was a little too nonchalant around elephants. While 95% of elephants he is able to correctly read their body language, it’s the 5% of elephants that are either cheeky or downright nasty that may severely harm him. When I see him turn his back on an elephant at under 25 yards, I hold my breathe.

You can relax.
:-)

a.)
He "read" the animal before he is turning his back and watched them long bevor.

b.)
There are allways more than one guy witch see exactly what is going on. If (if!) the ele is coming, they will give him Ivan an signal.
(Of course, this will not showed in TV / Video then.)

Ivan is a great hunter, a great nature-conservist, a great man to watch and talk, I wish him only the best.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
More than one “expert” has been killed by becoming a little too calvalier with elephants.

Even those with decades of experience.

Just saying.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Carter is pictured in a captioned photo in the current issue of National Geographic.

Posts: 13214 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bud Meadows:

I bet they don't show the ones where everyone gets the hell out of the way.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
Ivan now lives in South Africa. He and his foundation are still working hard on several projects (we were sat one of his projects in the Congo up until yesterday). His home in the Bahamas received very minor damage to roof and he has a new show starting very soon, info will be coming out shortly.

Correct.

The new show starts 10/1. It is a conservation related show that shows how hunters dollars are used in conservation.

Posts: 11909 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
quote:
Originally posted by Bud Meadows:

I bet they don't show the ones where everyone gets the hell out of the way.

I actually saw one a very long time ago (wasn’t a hunting show) where Ivan was taking a few people up close. One of the ladies (I actually met her much later) kind of panicked and started to run off and a guy grabbed her and pulled her back close to the group while Ivan did his rifle -lift thing and stopped the bull. Was kinda cool.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
His new show is being advertised on the Outdoor Channel. It looks very much like Carter's War which is a good thing.

The commercial appears to focus a lot on animal repopulations (releases).

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Just viewed WILDLIFE HEROS with Ivan Carter on The OUTDOOR Channel. This episode was on management of Bison in Montana and Utah, heli darting, blood draws, various other health considerations and tracking collars on 1 of each 10 darted or netted.
Great Show/photography and typical action of Ivan's shows.
Well Done, IVAN!!
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2540 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Ivan’s new show is on the Outdoor Channel. It points out the benefits of hunters conservation dollars.

I have a summary video clip from the show that is about a minute and a half long. If anyone can post this, please contact me . I’ll send it.

Ivan is also very heavily involved in the Ivan Carter Wildlife Conservation Alliance. The ICWCA is involved with several projects across Africa. The move of the 24 lions was an ICWCA project. The anti-poaching project in Kruger has drastically reduced the poaching there. The ICWCA has a scientist in the ZDS area in Mozambique doing research. The ICWCA also helps fund the anti-poaching there. Lwiro chimpanzee reserve in the Congo is another project. There are several projects all of which have been successful.

Ivan is a busy man.

Here is a link to the show

https://www.outdoorchannel.com...ldlife-heroes/367922

Posts: 11909 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The latest:

one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.kearneyhub.com/lif...bb-8f8b9461815d.html

20 year old KCHS grad saving the lions in Mozambique.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9348 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote