New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting in Namibia
 Login/Join

Picture of Red_Sonja
posted
Who's the best outfitter in Namibia for Gemsbuck?

Just living is not enough...
I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
~Gustave Flaubert~

Posts: 13 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 09 February 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Hentie Van Heerden

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9867 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pieter delport. great ph with great areas and super good pricing. biggest I have taken so far is 42 inches and see 100's a day in his areas. Going back for my 3rd trip next year since my 2020 had to be cx. You can pm me here if you want more info

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Check out Pieter Scott.

http://www.omuwiwe.co.za/hunting/

He has some nice Gemsbok, I was after "Eland" and turned down a couple of nice gemsbok while on some eland tracks.

I did take a 38/39 inch one toward the end of the hunt. this was in May/June of 2019.

A companion that shared our hunting camp that did take a 39/40 inch one as he was looking for a nice one, however he did have mobility issues and that limited him in his stalking.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1574 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of Red_Sonja
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will check them out.

Just living is not enough...
I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
~Gustave Flaubert~

Posts: 13 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 09 February 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kowa's ranch is where I go in Namibia. Great people and accommodations...plenty of game.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red_Sonja:
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will check them out.

Hentie - vhsaf@africaonline.com.na

Mention that Andrew Baldry recommended him and ask for a discount.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9867 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want BIG Oryx, the Kalahari is the place to go. Several operators in the area.

Otherwise, there are Oryx widely dispersed throughout Namibia.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Yep, worked for me. Killed a 45” bull on property adjacent to the Central Kalahari Game reserve while hunting leopard there. Saw at 2 others at least as large.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pieter Delport at Eintracht Jagd Safaris as bcap mentioned. I took four on my hunt with him. They were everywhere. Hartebeest and warthogs as well. Oryx ruined a couple stalks on other critters.

Craig

Posts: 227 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
I can highly recommend Jan du Plessis of Sebra Hunting Safaris in Kamanjab. He’s got a ton of HUGE Gemsbok on his property . I’ve seen legitimate 43” Gemsbok there in my five trips hunting with Jan. He advertises here on AR. Here's a Gemsbok from my 2017 trip

https://i.imgur.com/5FchfCN.jpg

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would also recommend Jan Ju Plessis. I have only hunted with Jan once but shot a 40" bull. He also has great hunting for Hartmann's mountain zebra. Jan's wife is a great cook and the accommodations are very nice.