New
Find
Notify
Tools

New AR trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got a new CMC trigger for a DPMS heavy barrel 223 . It is a Texas company and I love it. It was an easy install and now breaks clean with no rough spots or take up. It is about 3.5 lbs and feels more like my bolt hunting rifles. I have shot it , but only in the yard so close range 25 yds, but it is an amazing change for this rifle. I can't wait to take it to the coyote fields.

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds good. I have a S&W M&P that would benefit from a trigger like this. The stock trigger breaks cleanly enough and is manageable for short range shooting, but at 7lb is a little tough when making longer range shots.

sputster

Posts: 759 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
4505 July 2014 03:45I got a new CMC trigger for a DPMS heavy barrel 223 . It is a Texas company and I love it. It was an easy install and now breaks clean with no rough spots or take up. It is about 3.5 lbs and feels more like my bolt hunting rifles. I have shot it , but only in the yard so close range 25 yds, but it is an amazing change for this rifle. I can't wait to take it to the coyote fields. Posts: 497 | Location: The Rock GA | Registered: 21 October 2003
IP
sputsterone of us posted document.write('<nobr>'+ myTimeZone('Tue, 19 Aug 2014 04:52:58 GMT-0700', '19 August 2014 16:52')+'</nobr>');19 August 2014 16:52

I use Xtreme AR Triggers for my service rifles. I have used this make for about 5 years now, and have 4, all four guns get a lot of use (junior HP program, loaners and my personal pair oo SR for HP comp), so after about 12k rounds between them, they all hold weight ( set to 4.75 lbs; -# is4.5 min for HP service rifle comp). None have even needed an adjustment let alone any work. Salt bath nitride, tool steel , two stage for about $230. I expect these triggers will out last not only barrels (they already have) but lover receivers as well...

Posts: 1082 | Location: MidWest USA  | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds good.

sputster

Posts: 759 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
I just use ALG Combat triggers on mine. It's a tuned mil spec trigger by a company owned by Giessel. You get mil spec reliability with a crisp 5.5 lb trigger. I'm used to shooting 3.5 single stage on all my bolt action rifles and I have no trouble with the 5.5 lb because it's so crisp. Best part is it's only $65 and includes NIB coating. I have them in all my ARs and they are a great upgrade for the price.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote