Notify
Tools

Alexander Arms Having Troubles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Satern Custom Machining, Inc

Forum Posting
It has come to our attention that on some internet forums there has been speculation concerning the future of Satern Custom Machining, Inc.’s business relationship with Alexander Arms. Due to the public nature of these postings we have chosen to make the following statement:
Satern received the 60 day notification on April 1st, 2011 from Alexander Arms, that our licensing agreement which we signed January 5, 2010 (which was for 10 years) will be terminated as of May 30, 2011. This was through no fault of our own.
Terms of the new agreement offered were different and as of today, May 16, 2011, we have decided not to sign that agreement. So after an almost 5 year run we will no longer be manufacturing Grendel ® and/or Beowulf ® cut rifled barrels.
According to our existing agreement, Satern Custom Machining, Inc. has until May 30, 2011 to accept orders for existing cut rifled Grendel® barrels. We have every intention of finishing our existing orders and all orders placed (within reason and at our discretion) on or before May 30th, 2011. Feel free to call or email with your barrel requests. If it fits within the parameters of our remaining ability to manufacture and deliver your order we will certainly accommodate that.
This is not the beginning of a discussion, but a response to public postings. It will be our only response concerning this matter and questions will not be answered. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
We would like to express our appreciation to our Grendel ® and Beowulf ® customers. It has been a pleasure to serve you for five years. Our policy has always been diversification. We will continue to manufacture superb cut rifled barrels in a variety of calibers and configurations. We look forward to continuing to meet your cut rifled barrel needs.
Respectfully,
Deb and Steve Satern

Looks like yet another manufacturer drops Alexander Arms. They sure know real good business practices.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
this comes as a surprise to anyone who knows much about Alexander Arms?

Lots of ego on their end

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Private Contractor
posted Hide Post
I have a few AA products, mainly uppers on multi-cal platforms. Ammunition has been almost impossible to get for the Beowulf and there promises of production have been a negative experience. I waited almost 8 months in order to receive ammunition (dangerous game load) which was under development, and while they listed as available on there website, they had yet to even be past R&D. I do have two boxes of it now, however no load data or ballistics have been published for the load, so I yet to know my limitations for the load. In concept it is very innovative, a 325 grain brass spitzer. But service is both slow and non-friendly.

-Private Contractor-
Retired
Private Security Contractor
Executive Protection
PMC WWPS
Instructor and Collector of Pokey and Sharp Things
USTC

Posts: 31 | Location: Bridgeport, Texas | Registered: 04 July 2011Reply With Quote