Find
Notify
Tools

remmy SR25
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
anybody got one yet?? if so how's it working

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted Hide Post
I just picked one up day before yesterday. Looks cool although that hard butt plate should make things interesting. I've got an Aimpoint red dot ordered along with rings and (2) 19 round clips. Once I get it all put together and fire some rounds, I'll let you know.

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 269 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK thanks - BUT - yesterday afternoon I just had to stop by the gunshop, and well,there was one on the rack. I just knew that the little remmy R15 needed a big brother, and that if i didn't buy him one he'd cry oily tears. So out of pure compassion I bought it

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
I am going to sell my SR-25 and get one of these! Will use the extra cash to buy goodies.

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
only had a few minutes yesterday to shoot the thing. seems to hold quite well. didn't have a change for a group, only sight ins, but they are promising. need a trigger bad. ordered another timney today - we'll see

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute! How are you guys able to buy guns in this horrible Bush economy? Haven't you heard we are living through the most difficult times in America since the Great Depression? How can you afford anything, let alone a new firearm? Don't you know you are just a few minutes form living on the sidewalk? Ask Don. Ask DaMan. Ask BBBrucie. They will all tell you that America is finished, it's over, we are going to fatally implode any second as a continuing nation. Only Obama can save us. Only His Merciful Omnipotence can reverse our terminal downward slide. Haven't you guys been told all this? I'm shocked. Shocked, I say...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
shame on you - you've been reading on the political forum thumbdown thumbdown thumbdownThese are ideas of man not of st peter. and everyone knows that when you reach the pearly gates and st peter finds out you didn't have enough guns that you're going straight down, because obviously you weren't any fun in life banana

One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted Hide Post
Hussein Obama is one of the reasons I bought mine now - before the anti-gun administration takes over. My Aimpoint in camo showed up Sunday night. I mounted it. It looks great. Hopefully this weekend I'll find time to sight it in and play with it.

Butch, what kind of sights did you put on yours>
?

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 269 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
4.5x14 nikon

One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted Hide Post
Holy cow! Planning some long range work? Wink

NRA Endowment Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bless you, bless you all.

Posts: 1361 | Location: congress, az us | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted Hide Post
Took my R25 to the range today. I mounted an Aimpoint 9000 red dot in camo with quick release high mount rings. Without any boresighting, I shot at 50 yds. and the rifle was shooting only about 4 inches low with perfect windage settings. Turned the knobs and started putting all in the bullseye. Some two round shots went through the same hole. The muzzle flip was virtually non-existant. I was really amazed at how quickly the rifle returned to the target for a quick follow up. None of my other "hunting" rifles do that as well.I am very pleased with the accuracy. I was shooting 150 gr. Federal softpoints. Function was flawless. Very comfortable recoil as well. I was shooting in a "T" shirt with absolutely no discomfort. It's a sweet rig.

NRA Endowment Member

One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
..... I wish they made it in a 260 Rem ........ Anyone got one in the 243 win , if so how does it shoot .... Butchloc How accurate is yours ???

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
about 1-1 1/4" - after i dropped in the 3# timney trigger