New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any h&k 91 or ptr. 91-shooters
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I.have shot hk 91 and ptr 91 ,jld 91 and cetme rifles for a long.time .They are some of the best rifles ever designed as battle rifles .I.hope to build a psg 1 copy too. Too

Posts: 2531 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shot my first HK 91 back in the early 80s if one likes heavy 308 battle rifles they are ok.

I decided the M16 AR-15 plat form to be a better every day choice for a defensive rifle.

Each to their own it is great we have the choices we do.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two HKs. Contrary to myth they are pussycats in terms of recoil.

They cycle reduced loads better than gas guns. Guy at the club runs cast bullet weenies through his and has no cycling issues.....who cares if cases land a mere 15 feet away. Or just 5 feet.

Posts: 670 | Location: Dover-Foxcroft, ME | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They don't switch bullet weights and pressures well. Very sensitive to that. You can set them up to run with anything but you have to swap locking blocks to switch between very different loads.

Posts: 956 | Location: PNW | Registered: 27 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the difference between the G3 and the 91?

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
G3s are select fire.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My h&k 91 shoots everything I put in it.I.have shot junk stuff from m60 belts to every reload I could think of .There is no forward assist because unlike 15 They don't I have four different ones all operate perfect .I.didn't know if anyone had one or not in have had my hk91 ,36 ,years .I did put a psg1-trigger in the UK 91 it's awesome .I them bought a jld 91-then a century c308 ,,then a ptr 91.They are a million times tougher and reliable than a ar15 .They are the ultimate survival gun !

Posts: 2531 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgr416:
My h&k 91 shoots everything I put in it.I.have shot junk stuff from m60 belts to every reload I could think of .There is no forward assist because unlike 15 They don't I have four different ones all operate perfect .I.didn't know if anyone had one or not in have had my hk91 ,36 ,years .I did put a psg1-trigger in the UK 91 it's awesome .I them bought a jld 91-then a century c308 ,,then a ptr 91.They are a million times tougher and reliable than a ar15 .They are the ultimate survival gun !

Mel Tappen would agree.

Personally I found the extra weight of the rifle and ammo not worth it.

Remember you have to carry them at some time.