New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picatinny rail size?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Sorry guys, I need to show my ignorance again. What is the size of a Picatinny rail? Looking on EBay I see scope rings that fit 20mm and 21mm Picatinny rails. Which one do I need for an AR 10 style gun? I just picked up a scope with a 30mm tube, so I need new rings.
Thanks, Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wasn't aware that there were varieties of Pic specs.....

The 1913 rail is the Nato spec rail- not sure of any variations.

Maybe the rails in question are slanted rails and the 20/21 numbers indicating MOA of super-elevation?

Let us know....

Posts: 1082 | Location: MidWest USA  | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
7mm agreed. Weaver mounts will fit the Picatinny rails but not vice versa. having said that, most mounts on the market seem to be of the Weaver/Picatinny variety. That is what I ordered.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Picatinny rails are nothing but a Weaver copy with some specs put on the slots so mounts would be a standard size. Nothing more. I know many of the engineers at Picatinny Arsenal.

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote