The Accurate Reloading Forums
Triggers curved or straight?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/132105729/m/7801012462

30 January 2021, 22:04
Don Markey
Triggers curved or straight?
What are the real advantages to a straight bar. I’m used to shooting bolt guns not tactical guns. I figured curved would be more comfortable or should I learn how to use a straight? Will that mess with my head on my hunting rifles?
31 January 2021, 22:51
tsturm
quote:
Originally posted by Don Markey:
What are the real advantages to a straight bar. I’m used to shooting bolt guns not tactical guns. I figured curved would be more comfortable or should I learn how to use a straight? Will that mess with my head on my hunting rifles?

I can't tell ya, it will be interesting to see opinions I have owned many AR's & never a straight trigger. tu2

01 February 2021, 21:21
Bobster
If there were a great advantage in it you'd see it prevalent in military weapons. You don't. Its been around since matchlock days and was supplanted by the curved trigger. Must have been a reason. I think it is more marketing than anything.
02 February 2021, 06:45
butchloc
it has to do with the position of the finger om the trigger
07 February 2021, 17:06
p dog shooter
I have owned and shot many AR's none of them have/had a straight trigger.

I see no advantage to one.
03 March 2021, 04:02
ZekeShikar
I own a bolt rifle with a straight trigger and while it's light and crisp, I don't like the feel. Seems I'm never indexed correctly even though it shoots realy well..
"Supposedly" one can position the finger higher for a more tacticool feel or lower for a lighter feel but I'm not a big fan of straight triggers.
My AR's all have really good triggers but they're curved single stage.

Zeke