THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MODERN MILITARY RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Modern Military Rifles    Value of Ruger Mini 14 with factory folding stock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Value of Ruger Mini 14 with factory folding stock
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am selling firearms from my late brother's collection and have a question on value of a Ruger Mini 14 with factory folding stock. It is a blued rifle with a wooden stock and a blued folding butt stock. The front sling swivel is mounted on the left side rather than underneath the barrel, so as far as I can tell it is original. He fired a few shots to make sure it worked and then put it in the safe. It does not even show wear from the bolt moving. Anyone have an idea of the value. I want to get a fair price for my sister-i9n-lwas but also want to treat the buyer honestly. Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I can’t give you a number on it, but I think that was a pretty rare one back in the day.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
I see them at Texas area gunshows for $900.... but they never sell for that... selling realistically would be around $650 ish…

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2824 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
10-4 Jim. Bluebook be damned. The real truth is in what the market will bear. Usually way below advertised values. You won't get jack at a gun show as they are buying to resell. You might try Texas GunTraders.com.There are a lot of listings as well as locals. Hope this helps.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote