New
Find
Notify
Tools

A few AK pics.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hungarian AMD-65 and Yugo M70AB2. With a few Striders tossed in for fun.

"If a man can't trust himself to carry a loaded rifle out of camp without risk of shooting somebody, then he has no business ever handling a rifle at all and should take up golf or tennis instead." John Taylor

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

Posts: 336 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 29 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Nice rifles!

Here's mine. Arsensal SGL20 with an R-S mount and Aimpoint PRO 2MOA sight. A true pleasure to shot.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice. I hoping to add an Aimpoint Micro to the Hungarian. Might slap a Burris FF on the Yugo eventually.

"If a man can't trust himself to carry a loaded rifle out of camp without risk of shooting somebody, then he has no business ever handling a rifle at all and should take up golf or tennis instead." John Taylor

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

Posts: 336 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 29 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice Rifles all.

I like how you wrapped the stock rail with cord to make it easier on your face. tu2

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
Nice Rifles all.

I like how you wrapped the stock rail with cord to make it easier on your face. tu2

Actually it is to make my face easier on the stock. hilbily

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
LOVE Yugo Aks!

One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
That's a really nice pair Hizzie.

This was my WASR, which I re-stocked with laminated walnut and sold to a buddy a couple years ago. It was a whole lotta fun to shoot.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 775 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Previous owner was a subject of Komifornistan. I plan on completing the job.

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifles all! Terry with the SGL-20: that is an interesting mount for the scope, you reference it as an R-S. I gather that it attaches to the mount on the left side of the receiver - and see that it sits the optic very low, compared to many that let the optic sit very high on the rifle.

sputster

Posts: 759 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Romanian short AK

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Top, Soviet , made in Tula for 1st Egyptian Airborne brigade, 1956

Bottom, East German, MPiKMs 72, 1974

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
AK 56, China, 1968

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hizzie:

Why YES, that rifle with the Kalifornia modifications is extremely safe. IT could not harm a flea... Roll Eyes homer

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arsenal SLR-107CR

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd - Check out Atlantic Firearms. Amazing CS.

Yugo O-PAP W/M76 buttstock swap.

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Updated AMD-65 with CSS AR HG, ERGO #4130 grip and Unity Tactical direct mount VFG.

No mag change interference.

Closer up.

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

One of Us
Picture of John Galt
posted Hide Post
Hizzie: you sir, have some damn-nice rifles there! Bonus points for the Striders!!!

-John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SAM7SF

Mmmm, ambi.

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

one of us
posted Hide Post
The AK 47 Assault rifle... shocker

Rude, Crude, and Socially Unacceptable... shame

Rough, Tough, and Bad to the Bone... tu2

It IS [Generally] The Weapon of Our Enemy... patriot

sofa Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
looks like alot of FUN

what is this one?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38381 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yugo M70AB2

Heavier 1.5mm receiver
Heavier RPK trunnion
7.62x39
Yugo's used a heavier barrel than others too.

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yugo (Serbia) OPAP made by Zastava. M76 buttstock swap, Tromix charging handle, DBMG tri-rail w/Surefire, Griffin Armament FlashComp and VTAC sling.

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I like that one.

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sputster:
Nice rifles all! Terry with the SGL-20: that is an interesting mount for the scope, you reference it as an R-S. I gather that it attaches to the mount on the left side of the receiver - and see that it sits the optic very low, compared to many that let the optic sit very high on the rifle.

Here is the mount.

It works really well and allows co-witness.

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hizzie:

I got to shoot one of these about a year ago. I liked it so much I tried to find one but didn't have any luck. I wouldn't change a thing on it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great pictures all! I have an SGL 21 that I plan to put a red dot sight on; have some good examples here.

sputster

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vids from the last open range day. Compared a few muzzle devices.

Mantis vs DTK2
http://youtu.be/URI0-AF8Avo

http://youtu.be/HwAlNJFpnGY

Griffin AK FlashComp
http://youtu.be/YXKLuYH-6EE

http://youtu.be/iJlMb0gdEBM

http://youtu.be/q-3vUjCwo5Q

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few more pics on my Instagram

https://instagram.com/hizzie_biscuits/

And another quick video.

http://youtu.be/XWPy4Fnk9Aw

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

one of us
posted Hide Post
Is that Magpul furniture?

sputster